RIK

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2008

Why is our little town driving us out?? Us and many many others. The town of Cicero, NY has increased our taxes to a point which are unaffordable to most residence. We received a letter the other day pertaining to town tax increases. Giving the residence until the 27Th. of this month to dispute it. It seems we are having to constantly dispute something our Governments and businesses are doing to survive from day to day. With the economy the way it is, we are now doomed. Really, I am not kidding. MY FAMILY IS DOOMED. I have to select between eating and paying taxes. NY is no place for family's anymore. I , like many, love NY. However, to continue to stay here spells disaster for us. We are hanging on by a thread. Now we are sinking with these outrageous tax increases. The money we received from the Government to stimulate the economy $1200.00 has to go back to the Government in the way of taxes, PLUS AN ADDITIONAL $800.00 DOLLARS MORE. I don't think this is what President Bush had in mind when he announced it to the citizens.. This is not stimulating by any means. It is an out right crime. Time to sell and get out. Like many others we can't keep doing this. It is sad. We have raised our children and grandchildren in this town. Greedy politicians and business is driving us out.We have to leave all our memories behind.

Sincerely

Another sinking American Cicero, NY resident.

Ruth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2008

Please join our email group to share information on what is going onwith the tax situation in Cicero: email: cicerounfairtax@aol.com
bruno367

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2008

There is a abuse of power in cicero. and you will
see it come to light, in the future. keep your on the politics.
Derek

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2009

We cannot sit back and take this , this is tyranny !!
albert waffner

Spencer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2009

i own 4 lots harbor village no road in the woods tax went from 24$ to 490$ per lot.assessor said they will roll back next year.i should have went to grevance,i had no notice but its up to me to check.now they say i must pay 2000$ school tax and 2000$ county tax in the spring.the lots are to small to build on
ron

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2011

is the meeting at yhe ice rinks still on for 6:00 monday nite and what can i do to help notify everybody envoled
Ron Ince

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

The only way out of this mess that the previous admistration got us Cicero taxpayers into is to redo the lakefront property by assesing the actual house you live in and the lot size not the view or location. The money we are spending on the wasteful cicero police should be used for our own town assessor ahd some part time when needed.We really do need a emergency referendum for or against the lame cicero police dept.In my opinion the GAR needs to be replaced by our own town assessor because of all the inconsistantcies.
Ron Ince

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2011

Just wondering Judy, is GAR going to take into consideration the damage the ice did to our lakefront properties, maybe a tax rebate for the damage?
hmmm

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

your government is long known to be self serving........your officials live good on your dime...your police try to scratch together every dollar they can doin tickets....too many cronies in cicero....all family probly..
if they drive you out somebody wi more loot moves in..... or they raise taxes again on the remaining tax payers to keep their govt jobs goin...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cicero Discussions

Search the Cicero Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Go Blue Forever 6,370
bad experience (Jun '09) 8 hr useless 4
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Tue Gravity Pete 670
"protect an serve" Tue concerned citizen 1
the Animal channel 20 back in the 80-s (Mar '12) Tue 32 Pill Mobile 39
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Mon cornholio 437
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Mon sdd 755
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cicero Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cicero People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE