Cibolo Police Department
happy in cibolo

Dallas, TX

#23 Mar 21, 2012
Keep it up cibolo police. Cibolo used to be a nice place to live. Now it is getting filled with people who do not care about their neighbors.
CIBOLO RESIDENT

San Antonio, TX

#24 Jun 1, 2012
Use your driveway that's what its for, and park in front of your own house!!!
Cibolo Resident wrote:
About that parking thing. Someone on my street complained because they did not like my truck parked in front of my house. They called the cops to complain and the officer had to respond. He apologized and was polite about it. It really has to do with nosy busy body neighbors. I did not get a ticket and the officer said I was not doing anything wrong and could contiue parking there if I wanted to. These people need to mind their own business and get a life.
lvly76

San Antonio, TX

#25 Jun 4, 2012
I have lived in Cibolo 7 yrs. I will say after working on the south side of S.A. (military) and even visiting other areas of S.A., I can appreciate the police presence. Many outsiders know that Cibolo and police are synonomous terms keeping out the truly unwanted of S.A. I have been stopped a couple of times but I will admit, I was guilty. Don't take for granted knowing that you will wake up and your car is still there in one piece or yard figurines and forgotten childrens bikes/toys are still in the yard from the day before. I have met people who live in gated communities around S.A. for the sole sake of feeling safe/protected. There is no perfect city but peace of mind is priceless.
cha6984

United States

#26 Sep 2, 2012
I'm with you Disillusioned, the Cibolo police dept has nothing better to do. I've never had any issues with the law until I moved to Cibolo. I've been harassed multiple times and when you need their help they're never around or just don't want to help. Our cars have been vandalized and broken into right in front of the house, as well as the house being vandalized and all those times the police we're nowhere to be seen. Just recently I had to call the police on an older guy who's been walking by and breaking tree limbs off our trees, simply because they were in his way.(real mature) I caught the guy red handed and when cops arrived they just wanted to bring up code compliance issues. Whether we were up to code or not wasn't the issue, the issue was that he was destructing our property. Basically they turned me into the bad guy,let the guy go and called code compliance on me. I run everyday down Cibolo Valley Drive and I am constantly ducking my head as I'm running to avoid low hanging tree limbs, but I'm not breaking them just because they're in my way. If they really bothered me that much I'd just run somewhere else. The bottom line is the Cibolo Police dept. is a joke and not a funny one either.
cha6984

United States

#27 Sep 2, 2012
And by the way they're also leaving tickets on our cars for facing the wrong way. So we've corrected the problem and what do they do, they come out now and they measure how far our cars are from the fire hydrant. SERIOUSLY!, a cop was out there with a tape measure. We do use our driveway but sometimes have visitors or just need to park in front of the house for other reasons. I'm all for feeling safe and having police patrol the neighborhood but they have succeeded in making me feel like a victim and a suspect.
Cop

San Antonio, TX

#28 Sep 14, 2012
Many of you do not understand why we are out there doing what we are doing. Yes, parking by a fire hydrant may seem petty, however, what a lot of people don't realize is that (most) of the calls we get for parking issues are called in by your own neighbors. We are REQUIRED to a respond to ALL calls for service, whatever they may be. When we are out on calls we are more often then not being scrutinized by the people who called, usually anonymous complainants. If we go out there and find a violation and take action, you are upset with the police department. If we go out there and find a violation but take no action, we have to answer to our superiors why we did not enforce the law. If we go out there and find no offense and take no action, sometimes the person who originally called files a complaint against the officer saying they did not do their duty to uphold the law. If they are out there taking measurements it is because the officer is trying to be fair and determine if the vehicle is actually in violation. The best course of action as a citizen of the city is to familiarize yourself with the state laws and the city ordinances, which can all be found on the city's website. The city of Cibolo is a community oriented police department striving to keep the community as a whole happy and to allow them to enjoy the lowest crime rate in the area. In example, traffic laws are enforced so that the many people who jog and cycle on the main roads and neighborhoods may do so without worrying about reckless drivers and so forth. It is understandable that some people may have had unpleasant encounters with the police department. However, the city holds high standards of the officers it employs and does not tolerate the infringement of citizens rights. That being said, unfortunately it does not always turn out favorably to all involved parties to calls we have for service. Officers use their best judgment to the situations presented to them to determine the correct legal action that must be taken. I'm sorry that some of you have had less that pleasant encounters with the police department but I hope that this sheds at least a little light on what and why we do what we do.
lady tiger

Universal City, TX

#29 Aug 1, 2013
those who are not using your garage you are all idiot, the police should give you ticket for parking in front of the house or the side street, it causes a lot of inconvenience, use your garage,park your car inside and not outside,don't use it as storage,you deserve to pay,no matter what beautiful or ugly track/car,don't park in front of your house nor the side street period,all the house have garage but you are not using it for the right purpose,all those car should be towed and you desrve to pay a lot
lady tiger

Universal City, TX

#30 Aug 1, 2013
We salute the Cop of Cibolo,if you don't want to live in there, then get out of our city,if you violates the law then you need to pay for that,don't blame the police shame on you blame yourself
lady tiger

Universal City, TX

#31 Aug 1, 2013
to Disillusioned and cha6984,you deserve what you get,use the driveway properly,the street is for passing only and not for parking,take out all your junks and park you car,don't use it as storage or gym
Cibolo Resident

Converse, TX

#32 Jan 18, 2014
As a military family we have lived in many different places, no where is the driving as poor quality as we have found here in the San Antonio area (Maybe San Francisco comes close.) yet, in the city of Cibolo people watch better because the police are visible and make the stops. I feel better about my family being out and about in the city limits because of that. The police I have encountered have been very kind and helpful. I normally do not post to these things but felt the need to after seeing so many negative comments. I think we have to respect the tough job the police have. Having lived in areas where they are not as visible and seeing the difference in both crime and traffic, I appreciate the police in the Cibolo area!
Donut

Fort Worth, TX

#33 Feb 4, 2014
Dont blame the street cops. The management is probably pushing a ticket quota down their throat at the City Managers urging. They probably learned it in Seguin. Someone whose seen this before.
coyotman

San Antonio, TX

#34 Nov 17, 2014
Wow, lots of negative comments about those that have chosen to protect us every day. I could have been a police officer because I feel the freedom to choose what I want to do. But put on a badge and encounter drunks, etc.? No thank you. Don't get me wrong, I have complaints but mine tend to lean towards the citizens. Don't park on the street facing the wrong way. It's the law. Don't like the law? Move. Or do something to change the law. But if you park the wrong way and get a ticket, don't complain, it's the law. Park in front a cross walk or too close to a cross walk and get a ticket? Shame on you. Take your ticket, pay your fine, get smarter, don't do it a again or you will get another ticket.

In the past few years, since 3009 has become more congested and along with all neighborhoods that feed off of 3009, the speed of travel, the following distances and chances people take behind the wheel boggles my mind. I live in Deer Creek and the speed that people travel through this neighborhood is very dangerous. A large park where people believe that they need to park as close to the cross walk as possible because God forbid they would need to walk a few more steps to get to an exercise area. This action makes using the crosswalk more dangerous than not. And this concerns me. But what concerns me at least as much if not more is the speed up and down the "other than main" streets. I will use Rio Vista as an example. When people turn off of Deer Creek on to Rio Vista, it's an absolute drag race to their next stop. And it goes both ways; those leaving the top of Rio Vista are going like bullets to Deer Creek. There are so many small children playing here that I'm terrified every time I see this and I see it every day. I live off of Rio Vista, on a corner, and I watch as people careen from Rio Vista on to our small cul de sac and wonder just how long it's going to take before someone gets hurt. And it will happen. And when it does, people will curse the police department for not doing more. If people followed ALL the rules of society, we wouldn't even need a police department but no, we cannot so we ask for others to help remind us of the rules. And when we cannot follow the rules, we get a ticket or worse, someone gets hurt.

Don't get me wrong. I have had a few contacts with our local police department and while I have not always agreed, I know that they are doing their best job. If I stop believing that, I run the risk of additional contacts which I do not want. I can say that in every instance, the officers were kind, polite and respectful. And their respect gets mine. I know they are stretched but I would like to see more radar patrols on the streets mentioned in my rant. And thank you for providing me this opportunity.
Resident

Austin, TX

#35 Nov 20, 2014
You say the tickets are ridiculous, seems to me there is an easy fix. Don't break the law. If you park the wrong way, it's illigal. Don't park the wrong way. Simple fix. Everyone is blaming the police instead of the person committing the illigal action
my3cents

United States

#36 Jan 16, 2015
You are probably a cop who looks the other way getting underpaid. Martial Law is here just sugar coated. When you don't give a s### all you can do is justify by utilizing corrupt governments ways of s####ing on their people also.
my3cents

United States

#37 Jan 16, 2015
my3cents wrote:
You are probably a cop who looks the other way getting underpaid. Martial Law is here just sugar coated. When you don't give a s### all you can do is justify by utilizing corrupt governments ways of s####ing on their people also.
My comment is for: RUKIDDINGME
my3cents

United States

#38 Jan 16, 2015
Cibolo Resident wrote:
About that parking thing. Someone on my street complained because they did not like my truck parked in front of my house. They called the cops to complain and the officer had to respond. He apologized and was polite about it. It really has to do with nosy busy body neighbors. I did not get a ticket and the officer said I was not doing anything wrong and could contiue parking there if I wanted to. These people need to mind their own business and get a life.
They will tell you what you want to hear so you remain against your nieghbor. Most of the time your nieghbor has your back but keeps to themself. Its hard to trust a community that banwagons. Cibolo has no sence of sticking together. Back in the 90's people would take care of there fellow man and that is what we lack. Instead time is wasted on the blame game. The city has to pay for the upgrades made despite the citizens objections. Cibolo is all about stepping on others to get ahead and materialism.
my3cents

United States

#39 Jan 16, 2015
RUKiddingMe wrote:
In my experience, people who complain about the cops being unfair are usually guilty. I'm not saying they are always perfect, but you should all be thankful we have these folks out there trying to protect us. If you really think they are out of control, take a trip across the border or pick up a mexico newspaper to see how good you have it.
Wake up and smell the politics. Thumbs down for you
my3cents

United States

#40 Jan 16, 2015
cha6984 wrote:
I'm with you Disillusioned, the Cibolo police dept has nothing better to do. I've never had any issues with the law until I moved to Cibolo. I've been harassed multiple times and when you need their help they're never around or just don't want to help. Our cars have been vandalized and broken into right in front of the house, as well as the house being vandalized and all those times the police we're nowhere to be seen. Just recently I had to call the police on an older guy who's been walking by and breaking tree limbs off our trees, simply because they were in his way.(real mature) I caught the guy red handed and when cops arrived they just wanted to bring up code compliance issues. Whether we were up to code or not wasn't the issue, the issue was that he was destructing our property. Basically they turned me into the bad guy,let the guy go and called code compliance on me. I run everyday down Cibolo Valley Drive and I am constantly ducking my head as I'm running to avoid low hanging tree limbs, but I'm not breaking them just because they're in my way. If they really bothered me that much I'd just run somewhere else. The bottom line is the Cibolo Police dept. is a joke and not a funny one either.
Agreed
my3cents

United States

#41 Jan 16, 2015
lady tiger wrote:
We salute the Cop of Cibolo,if you don't want to live in there, then get out of our city,if you violates the law then you need to pay for that,don't blame the police shame on you blame yourself
Your a bored wife. When you get a gun in your face and you did nothing sing the same tune. Not all but most are corrupt so save your negativity and continue to pay your taxes so we can have nice cop cars and another big ass walmart next to our already close walmart.
covgirl48
#42 Jan 17, 2015
My sons 21 year old pregnant girlfriend was pulled over by CPD for stopping at a stop sign and then 'signaling too late'. Upon pulling her over to inform her off her offense they processed to ask her who she lived with and how long she had lived with them. They had her valid license with her current address. They then informed her that they wanted to search her car and called for a K9 unit and proceeded to search her car. When they found nothing they didn't give her any citation. She left feeling very scared and violated. Oh, and late for work. CPD is a joke. They are bullies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cibolo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Accident on 08-18-15 Aug 19 shaw 056 1
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 17 District farts 977
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Aug 15 More farts 790
police officer (Oct '13) Aug 7 karma 4
selma police (Aug '09) Aug 7 George Chambers 18
Universal City Police are writing bogus traffic... (Oct '08) Aug 7 George Chambers 172
What is up with the Mathom Landing Townhomes? (Nov '08) Aug 4 texasbear 100
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cibolo Mortgages