Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor. Full Story

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

#16633 Jan 14, 2013
Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretending?. We have a government of the rich, by the rich and for the rich. What useful things have come out of either side for the benefit of the working people in this country?.
I realize that you have your head up Obummers ass so deep that you have a brown ring around your neck, but tell us what wondrous things that the
DemoKrats have done better than anyone else. I'm sure that you can find plenty of things about the Republicans to bitch about though.
Of course, health insurance reform is the greatest accomplishment of this term.

But my favorite interest is in ARPA-E research grants to help develop renewable energy. A lot of progress has been made in a few short years. It doesn't get much attention in the mainstream media.

Democrats are responsible for the following:

8-Hour Workday
Social Security
Minimum Wage Law
G.I. Bill of Rights
Marshall Plan
NATO
Peace Corps
Medicare
Medicaid
Civil Rights Act of 1964
Voting Rights Act of 1965
Water Quality Act
Clean Air Act
Women's Suffrage Amendment
Workers Compensation Act
Unemployment Compensation Act
Rural Electrification Act
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Federal Home Loan Program
Securities & Exchange Act
Guaranteed Student Loan Program
Family and Medical Leave Act
Whatevs

New Braunfels, TX

#16634 Jan 14, 2013
Proud Repub wrote:
Im Mexican and Im Conservative. Accept it.
Just today these latinos won the votes for governor
We now have a Latina Governor in New Mexico Susana Martinez (the first hispanic woman to be elected governor)
And We have a Latino Governor in Florida
(Marco Rubio)
Guess what they are Both Proud Republicans.
Marco Rubio isn't a Gov. dummy he's a Senator and Susana Martinez is confused, once a Dem now a Repub after being convinced at a frikinn lunch and the way the GOP is behaving badly these days I guarantee you she turns Dem again.....

Let's face it you are Chicano who is prob Repub just to be different from the rest....or I call you HISPANIC
Whatevs

New Braunfels, TX

#16635 Jan 14, 2013
Voice of Reason wrote:
Healthcare, the cure is for the government to get their political hands out of the healthcare business, and stop telling medicare recipients what company to use for their healthcare. If the government would allow Capitalism to do its work, and allow free
competition in the health industry, our health care costs would drop like a rock, saving billions of dollars for Medicare recipients. I was a business agent for one of the largest unions in the world for 25 years. When I was approached by members of an insurance company that they wanted to have a Union in their work place, and was ready to sign the union cards for a ballot to be taken by the NLRB. As I proceeded to organize them, I was told by my Union Local President, to back off and stop what I was doing.
Any guess why???
Socialized medicine you say? Try to get a doctors appointment in England, or Canada. England has the NHS that runs their medical program, and on their webiste they have posted that they had euthanized 130,000 people . Read this If you are capable:
Shock: British NHS Euthanizes 130,000 Elderly Patients Annually
by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | Share
Shocking news from England today has top NHS officials indicating doctors acting in the UK government-run health program annually kill as many as 130,000 patients prematurely because of overcrowding at hospitals, medical clinics and nursing homes.
Professor Patrick Pullicino indicated doctors are turning to a so-called “death pathway” protocol that is essentially active euthanasia of patients, according to a London Daily Mail news report. Pullicino, a consultant neurologist for East Kent Hospitals and Professor of Clinical Neurosciences at the University of Kent, made his remarks in a speech before the Royal Society of Medicine in London.
He claimed there was often a lack of clear evidence for initiating the Liverpool Care Pathway, a method of looking after terminally ill patients that is used in hospitals across the country. It is designed to come into force when doctors believe it is impossible for a patient to recover and death is imminent.
It can include withdrawal of treatment – including the provision of water and nourishment by tube – and on average brings a patient to death in 33 hours. There are around 450,000 deaths in Britain each year of people who are in hospital or under NHS care. Around 29 per cent – 130,000 – are of patients who were on the LCP.
Professor Pullicino claimed that far too often elderly patients who could live longer are placed on the LCP and it had now become an ‘assisted death pathway rather than a care pathway’. He cited ‘pressure on beds and difficulty with nursing confused or difficult-to-manage elderly patients’ as factors.
CAN YOU SAY "COMING TO AMERICA???"
“The continuing collapse of the NHS is not only an indictment of single payer health care: It is a warning to the U.S. about centralized control of health care,” he said.“The continuing collapse of the NHS is not only an indictment of single payer health care: It is a warning to the U.S. about centralized control of health care.”
“Adding injury to injury, how easy it is for the bureaucrats to lard on the goodies on the private insurance companies’ dimes–as is already happening. What makes us think that a too strained and bureaucratically suffocated private sector won’t eventually end up in a collapse–further harming the economy–and unable to provide for patients properly?” he said.“Once that happens (with malice aforethought?) Obamacarian class warriors will give a war whoop of triumph for having destroyed the dreaded private sector–and force us into single payer. See,“NHS Meltdown” posts. Lose. Lose. Lose.”
You want the Government not to tell Medicare recipients which company to use for healthcare???? Are you kidding me?? Medicare is a Govt. program and you think they should have no say???
voter

Corpus Christi, TX

#16636 Jan 15, 2013
just vote.
American Pride wrote:
Today we are having a Grand Old Party
just vote.
truth is

Cambridge, IL

#16638 Jan 15, 2013
Wait till you have no health care coverage, due to no fault of you own.
Because of health problems, they won't cover you.
Then lets watch this conversation change quickly.
meateater99

Baytown, TX

#16639 Jan 15, 2013
i love Perry. He supports gun owners rights. nuff said....

“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#16640 Jan 15, 2013
meateater99 wrote:
I support gun owners rights.Perry says, we have to look at the mental health issue here.Then, he slashes funding for mental health care, repeatedly.hmmm....sounds like a disingenuous piece of crap to me.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#16641 Jan 15, 2013
meateater99 wrote:
Heck, most any republican will support gun owners rights.Let's just find a COMPETENT one for governor.

“Activist, Comedian, Con Man!”

Since: Jan 09

www.HeavyFed.com

#16642 Jan 15, 2013
waco1909 wrote:
Fed...don't you want to get a girlfriend, settle down and have some kids?
I can only have one love.

If I had a wife or a girlfriend... I would not be half the activist I am.

www.HeavyFed.com

#16643 Jan 15, 2013
Hezekiah wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, health insurance reform is the greatest accomplishment of this term.
But my favorite interest is in ARPA-E research grants to help develop renewable energy. A lot of progress has been made in a few short years. It doesn't get much attention in the mainstream media.
Democrats are responsible for the following:
8-Hour Workday
Social Security
Minimum Wage Law
G.I. Bill of Rights
Marshall Plan
NATO
Peace Corps
Medicare
Medicaid
Civil Rights Act of 1964
Voting Rights Act of 1965
Water Quality Act
Clean Air Act
Women's Suffrage Amendment
Workers Compensation Act
Unemployment Compensation Act
Rural Electrification Act
Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Federal Home Loan Program
Securities & Exchange Act
Guaranteed Student Loan Program
Family and Medical Leave Act
More Democrats voted against the Civil Rights act than did Republicans and a higher percentage of Republicans voted for it than did Democrats.

If there had been more Democrats in office at the time... the Civil Rights act would never have passed.

Yet... you credit the Democrats for it's passage?

www.HeavyFed.com

#16644 Jan 15, 2013
sorry, I misspoke, if there had been more Democrats in office the Civil Rights act MAY not have passed.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#16647 Jan 16, 2013
You misspeak a lot Fed. Pointless drivel; as in the first sentence of your last post, and everything else you have posted. And the reason you have no wife or girlfriend, you can't find a woman dumb enough to have you, not to mention you are looking for a tranny. The only thing you got correct was to say YOU ARE SORRY.
equote

Llano, TX

#16648 Jan 16, 2013
tesd

Castroville, TX

#16651 Jan 16, 2013
test

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

#16652 Jan 16, 2013
Heavy Fed wrote:
<quoted text>
More Democrats voted against the Civil Rights act than did Republicans and a higher percentage of Republicans voted for it than did Democrats.
If there had been more Democrats in office at the time... the Civil Rights act would never have passed.
Yet... you credit the Democrats for it's passage?
This revisionist history is disingenuous to say the least.

Kennedy first proposed the legislation. A Democrat brought it to the floor. LBJ made it happen.

A majority in both parties voted for it. The Southern Democrats were bigots and fought against it. These ignorant racists are who LBJ was referring to when he said the Civil Rights Act lost them the South for generations. The Democratic bigots became Reagan Republicans in the next decade.

The 1964 Republican nominee Barry Goldwater opposed the bill. Even today, Teabagger politicians like Rand Paul and others say the Civil Rights Act was a mistake.

So, Yes, I credit the Democrats for its passage.
we want what is ours

Corpus Christi, TX

#16653 Jan 16, 2013
Get out and vote.

www.HeavyFed.com

#16654 Jan 16, 2013
Hezekiah wrote:
<quoted text>
Kennedy first proposed the legislation. A Democrat brought it to the floor. LBJ made it happen.
A majority in both parties voted for it. The Southern Democrats were bigots and fought against it. These ignorant racists are who LBJ was referring to when he said the Civil Rights Act lost them the South for generations. The Democratic bigots became Reagan Republicans in the next decade.
The 1964 Republican nominee Barry Goldwater opposed the bill. Even today, Teabagger politicians like Rand Paul and others say the Civil Rights Act was a mistake.
Revisionist?

The facts to back up what I said are here--> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Act...
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#16655 Jan 17, 2013
Facts per Wikipedia, better than no facts I guess. And Heavy Fed can't figure out why everyone but Know Notheeng and Damn invasion knows him for the lieing false prophet that he is. What an idiot.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#16656 Jan 17, 2013
Hezekiah wrote:
<quoted text>
This is correct.
Texan

Falls Church, VA

#16657 Jan 17, 2013
You guys do realize that Heavy Fed will never accept that as truth don't you? Also you might want to define revisionist for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cibolo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is up with the Mathom Landing Townhomes? (Nov '08) Dec 22 Mathom Guru 97
Dillon Springfield Dec 21 Old friend 1
Young girlfriend that wants to have sex (Jun '10) Dec 19 Piratebro90 15
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Review: Kellum Medical Group PA (Aug '08) Dec 11 DCW 25
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Cibolo Police Department (Dec '10) Nov '14 Resident 33
Cibolo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cibolo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cibolo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cibolo

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:48 pm PST