Is Deer Creek in decline? the Board o...

Is Deer Creek in decline? the Board of Directors has hijacked the place

Posted in the Cibolo Forum

Bill

Tampa, FL

#1 May 8, 2009
The place is aging, and very few repairs are being done. Yet the BOD does nothing.

Mark Winn has run the place since inception, his wife is now on a comittee and the same few people keep placing themselves in office, and they are UNELECTED.

They sold homeowners association lands without votes agaisnt the rules, and they have made our park a joke.

Why cant we replace the Board of Directors with some fresh minds, and new perspectives. Why wont they just resign?
Wow

San Antonio, TX

#2 May 9, 2009
Bill wrote:
The place is aging, and very few repairs are being done. Yet the BOD does nothing.
Mark Winn has run the place since inception, his wife is now on a comittee and the same few people keep placing themselves in office, and they are UNELECTED.
They sold homeowners association lands without votes agaisnt the rules, and they have made our park a joke.
Why cant we replace the Board of Directors with some fresh minds, and new perspectives. Why wont they just resign?
I had no idea this was happening. Where is Deer Creek aging? What other repairs are needed? Let's speak up and try and get these things fixed. I love Deer Creek and my neighbors.
Leon

El Paso, TX

#3 May 10, 2009
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
I had no idea this was happening. Where is Deer Creek aging? What other repairs are needed? Let's speak up and try and get these things fixed. I love Deer Creek and my neighbors.
I definitely agree with Bill, the main drive deercreek parkway looks bad. Many weeds are growing along the road. The Park looks bad. I do not understand what the plan is for the Basketbal court. If they do not want basketball they have to remove the poles and do something with that space.
People have rocks in their patch of space between the road and the sidewalk and many of them have lots of weeds. It all looks bad. The Board of Directors should need to do a better job or just leave. I think that they do not like black people and that is why they do not fix the basketball court but spend 15k to fix tennis. It is just my opinion but I think that they are racist and do not want black people hanging around.
Jennifer

San Antonio, TX

#4 Jul 7, 2009
Do you all know when the next meeting is for the HOA? I think that the basketball court looks horrible. I am in COMPLETE agreement with Leon. I do think there is some discrimination going on. My husband and I have lived in Deer Creek a year now and the basketball court has been broke the entire time.
Deer Creek Resident

San Antonio, TX

#5 Jul 15, 2009
I haven't taken my children to the Deer Creek park in a long time due to the deterioration of the basketball courts, but also the graffiti under the children's play area. The last time I was there, I reported to the police a group of teenagers who had taken over the pavilion and were cussing and being very disrepectful to the patrons.
Deer Creek Resident

San Antonio, TX

#6 Dec 21, 2011
If you all are so concerned about the basketball court, why don't you attend the annual HOA meeting and serve on the board instead of complaining about what someone else is doing? It is easy to complain, but it is not as easy to find people to serve on their own HOA board. The basketball court has been the cause of many families with small children not using the park. It isn't because the of the court, it was the foul language being used by the teen age boys who didn't even live in Deer Creek.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cibolo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Selma taxpayers are getting robbed (Jul '14) Jun 21 unbelievable 11
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun 13 robert 994
Universal City Police are writing bogus traffic... (Oct '08) May '16 Speeders 174
selma police (Aug '09) Apr '16 mom 19
Debate: Marijuana - Cibolo, TX (Sep '10) Apr '16 John 23
Cibolo Police Department (Dec '10) Apr '16 Mmhmm 45
Deer Creek Hypocrisy Mar '16 Deer Creek Resident 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cibolo Mortgages