Proposed SCUCISD rezoning is an assault on Cibolo

Posted in the Cibolo Forum

Cibolo resident

El Paso, TX

#1 Jun 18, 2011
The proposed school rezoning by the scucisd is adversely impacting the students and residents of Cibolo. The only students that will be effected are residents of Cibolo, they will forfeit scholarship opportunitiess and be disassociated from the educators they have formed relationships with.

These 500 high school students will have no Alma Mata, no ties to a hometown. The city of Cibolo and our growing tax base is supporting the SCUCISD, and the aging communities of Schertz.

Our elected officials need to intervene. Mayor Hartman and the Council needs to stand up for our kids.

Do we have recourse? Can we disband SCUCISD and go it alone?

Why is Cibolo, the faster growing tax base, playing second fiddle to Schertz and allowing our kids education to be sacraficed so that Schertz kids can enjoy a good education on our tax dime.

Mayor Hartman needs to chime in-ASAP!
SK Parent

El Paso, TX

#2 Jun 18, 2011
I agree that the residents of Cibolo are being unfairly impacted in the rezoning, the board and decision makers need to consider grandfathering the current HS students instead of forcing them to change schools.

Forcing a student to change High Schools half way through the process creates an adverse impact, with virtually no positive effect. That the plans only seem to impact Cibolo residents seems targeted in a way that it seems contestable in court.

Our City Council does need to weigh in, we are being exploited.
Oh no

El Paso, TX

#3 Jun 18, 2011
My baby is going to be devestated if they do not grandfather existing students. She will lose eligibility for a scholarship she has been working towards. The district simply has to grandfather the high school students.
student

San Antonio, TX

#4 Oct 27, 2011
i am angry with the new laws they made aginist self defence thats right SELF DEFENCE if some one assults you they say get an adult, but you can people get their legs broken in the hallways and the teachers dont do jack squat i need to defend my self if someone hits me without being sent to JAIL for up to a year or up to a 2000$ fine!
we need to adress this to the school board because this is ridicoulus that we cannot defend our selfs look i might sound retarded but i thing self defence is in the constition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cibolo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 52 min why 701
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Gasman 543
county line regulator Oct 22 PGarcia9120 2
Hauntings (Dec '10) Oct 18 Elise Gingerich 3
What is up with the Mathom Landing Townhomes? (Nov '08) Oct 6 kymbethe1 96
girl Sep 30 SDC 1
Candidate seeks District 3 council seat Sep '14 seguinhead 1
Cibolo Dating
Find my Match

Cibolo People Search