New Business Idea for Church Point

Posted in the Church Point Forum

Ping

Opelousas, LA

#1 Aug 12, 2012
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/10/spin...

SPiN L.A. At The Standard Downtown: Susan Sarandon & Andre Balazs Announce New Club

Susan Sarandon has something she'd like to tell the good people of Los Angeles. The ping pong-obsessed actress is bringing her nightclub-cum-sports venue to their town.

Sarandon and her partners at SPiN, the company behind swanky table tennis/bar hybrids in New York, Milwaukee and Toronto, have teamed up with hotelier Andre Balazs for an expansive new location, right in the heart of L.A.'s downtown.

Wouldn't this be a fun idea. Not only ping-pong sports, but a place to eat (BBQ HB's, pizza, shrimp PoBoys, Chicago style hot does).

Tournaments would draw people in. Great idea!
Ping

Opelousas, LA

#2 Aug 12, 2012
Thurs. and Friday nights would be for teens and Saturday nights would be for adults!
Ping

Opelousas, LA

#3 Aug 13, 2012
Business people should come together to open this kind of place.

Different vendors under one roof. Sharing costs would improve profit margin. More affordable. Better chance to succeed in a small town.
jtg1974

Euless, TX

#4 Aug 18, 2012
It would never work. Not in CP. 3 no fail business ideas IMHO: a restaurant that serves rice & gravy at night instead of simply for lunch, an indoor shooting range, and a slaughter house (quality to rival Rod's, but cheaper). Since the one in Branch closed our options are Rod's or the Suparette in Eunice. If I had the money I'd have the slaughter house & restaurant. What better way to ensure food is fresh and reduce cost.
Ping

Opelousas, LA

#5 Aug 18, 2012
jtg1974 wrote:
It would never work. Not in CP. 3 no fail business ideas IMHO: a restaurant that serves rice & gravy at night instead of simply for lunch, an indoor shooting range, and a slaughter house (quality to rival Rod's, but cheaper). Since the one in Branch closed our options are Rod's or the Suparette in Eunice. If I had the money I'd have the slaughter house & restaurant. What better way to ensure food is fresh and reduce cost.
Good idea. With the way things are going, it would be great to beable to depend on our food supply. A local Farmer's Market would be great!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Church Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cricket castille 3 hr hormonalhottie 1
Danielle Russells Boobs (Sep '14) 8 hr Whyaskwhy 51
Beauty Pageants 11 hr Tootloo 10
Opinions on Current Events Sat GOP Gives Up 34
2016 potus race Apr 18 JustMe 39
std spreaders in cp Apr 16 really nah 4
addicted? Apr 14 suzyq 7

Flood Warning for Acadia Parish was issued at April 20 at 10:00PM CDT

More from around the web

Church Point People Search