The Truth About Healthcare Premiums

The Truth About Healthcare Premiums

Posted in the Church Point Forum

Really

Opelousas, LA

#1 Aug 17, 2012
You go to work for a company and the HR person tells you the amount you will earn per hour/month. Then moves on to the Health Insurance: Company pays this amount and you pay this amount.

The truth is, the benefit the company is really offering you is the fact that they administer health insurance (enroll, collect/pay premiums and provide forms and to some degree assistance with claims).

The portion they pay is really considered your compensation. By paying it this way, they don't have to match FICA nor pay Workers' Comp. premiums on it. That is why their portion is usually so large.

So really, you pay the entire amount from your compensation each month. When premiums go up, your " payroll raise" usually is very small. This is why you should be grateful for Obamacares. With more people able to purchase insurance, the premium cost should come down and you should get larger payroll raises.

By the way, none of the extreme warnings the Repubs put out there since 2010 have come true. Relax!
cajunfreak

Sunset, LA

#2 Aug 19, 2012
and you woke are still sleeping
GodLoveAndCompas sion

Opelousas, LA

#3 Aug 21, 2012
I really don't get what the big deal is about Obamacare and Medicare.

Those who say God first, surely don't act like he/she is.

God wants us to show love and compassion to our fellow human beings. Affordable healthcare (whether it is Obamacare or Medicare) should be available to all. There is a place for For Profit in healthcare "extreme lifestyles". When you want to jump out of a plane, smoke, drink too much, eat too much... Basic healthcare should be affordable to all.

I would like Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney to explain when God said it was OK to put profits/money/greed ahead of love and compassion.

Don't take my word for it, research it. Paul Ryan's plan will put an end to Medicare because young people WILL NOT support something that WILL NOT be there for them. The voucher plan will bankrupt Medicare. Just look at where premiums in healthcare are today vs. 10 years ago. Too many people taking alot more than they put in (not taking care of themselves nor following doctor's orders), FRAUD in healthcare and GREEDY insurance industry executives. Can you imagine getting a bonus for denying treatment to someone and they die? It goes on.

People this is alot more than HATING OBAMA. It is about securing our healthcare future!

Paul Ryan is not telling you about his cuts to Medicare - his cuts will go to defense (killing people). How is that better?
GodLoveAndCompas sion

Opelousas, LA

#4 Aug 21, 2012
Clarification: The money Paul R cuts from Medicare will go to defense spending (killing people).

Obama cuts will go to Obamacares (stablize healthcare throughout peoples lives and the Medicare costs will go down).

Which sounds more like an act of GOD?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Church Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cricket castille Sun Hysterically amuzed 11
Danielle Russells Boobs (Sep '14) Sun Toe toe 51
Mayor "Coach" Stelly Jul 25 over here 9
Which Canadidate for Sheriff Jul 25 busta 3
red light pick up Jul 25 not sure 4
Crystal Grebinger (Aug '13) Jul 24 ForumFollower 56
Where is the improvements???? Jul 24 voter 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Church Point Mortgages