The Church Point Police Department

The Church Point Police Department

Posted in the Church Point Forum

A CLOSE FRIEND

United States

#1 Feb 14, 2009
I see that the Church Point Police Department has been sued for another negligence case! Blaine Daigle killed himself with one of the Church Point Police Departments guns. Carl Thibodeaux-the assistant police chief "FORGOT" that he left his gun in the side of the police car's door. Brian Daigle would still be alive today. Is that how things work in Church Point. The Church Point Police Department never wrote up a police report that she has seen. She has contacted them several times requesting one and they say they are going to send her one, but she has never received it. It does not exist. Isn't this a violation of my friends civil rights. I thought the police were supposed to protect us. I would be scared to death to live in Church Point.
Puddie

Opelousas, LA

#3 Feb 14, 2009
You are trying to link your case to this one. It ain't happening.
wake up

Church Point, LA

#4 Feb 14, 2009
A CLOSE FRIEND wrote:
I see that the Church Point Police Department has been sued for another negligence case! Blaine Daigle killed himself with one of the Church Point Police Departments guns. Carl Thibodeaux-the assistant police chief "FORGOT" that he left his gun in the side of the police car's door. Brian Daigle would still be alive today. Is that how things work in Church Point. The Church Point Police Department never wrote up a police report that she has seen. She has contacted them several times requesting one and they say they are going to send her one, but she has never received it. It does not exist. Isn't this a violation of my friends civil rights. I thought the police were supposed to protect us. I would be scared to death to live in Church Point.
It may have been foolish to leave his gun in the vehicle, but the responsibility remains with the person who pulled the trigger. Why has our society gotten to the place where everyone wants to blame someone else for their mistakes. What has become of personal responsibility. It's time to wake up & stand up & accept blame when we mess up!
A CLOSE FRIEND

United States

#5 Feb 14, 2009
To Puddie:

I'm not trying to link this case to anything. I am simply saying that something is wrong in the town of Church Point!

I also read about the body of a woman found in Church Point. What is going on around that town?
A CLOSE FRIEND

United States

#6 Feb 14, 2009
IN POST # 1, THE "SHE" I WAS REFERING TO WAS MARY SHOEMAKER. HER AND HER HUSBAND, MELVIN SHOEMAKER, WERE BEATEN IN CHURCH POINT. I DID NOT MEAN THAT MRS. DAIGLE DID NOT GET A POLICE REPORT. I WOULD HOPE THAT SHE DID, BUT WHO KNOWS!
A CLOSE FRIEND

United States

#7 Feb 14, 2009
TO WAKE UP:

You are so right, it is time for the responsiblle people to wake up, stand up, and take action against the irresponsible and the negligent people! That seems to be exactly what the Daigle family did. I know another family who is going to stand up and take action against the irresponsible and negligent people in Church Point. As far as being awake, we have been awake since the beating & injustice that my friends "The Shoemakers" suffered. It's like they were beaten 2 times!
A CLOSE FRIEND

United States

#8 Feb 14, 2009
The link to see the pictures of the beating is

www.myspace.com/meredithshoemaker

then click on "Pics".
attention

United States

#9 Feb 18, 2009
omg
INSANE

Ville Platte, LA

#10 Feb 24, 2009
congrats to the police for a wonderful job ya'll done this past weekend with all the drunk f***ers ya'll could have made enough money to pay for ya'll new station...
Warning

Prairieville, LA

#11 Mar 2, 2009
A CLOSE FRIEND wrote:
The link to see the pictures of the beating is
www.myspace.com/meredithshoemaker
then click on "Pics".
ahh, dear Janet.
Will it ever end?
who cares its over

Turkey Creek, LA

#12 Mar 2, 2009
A CLOSE FRIEND wrote:
TO WAKE UP:
You are so right, it is time for the responsiblle people to wake up, stand up, and take action against the irresponsible and the negligent people! That seems to be exactly what the Daigle family did. I know another family who is going to stand up and take action against the irresponsible and negligent people in Church Point. As far as being awake, we have been awake since the beating & injustice that my friends "The Shoemakers" suffered. It's like they were beaten 2 times!
they deserved what they got.... no charges have been filed...seems to me the DA feels the same way....sorry deal with it
Sick of A Close Friend

United States

#13 Mar 2, 2009
To a Close Friend:

Answer the following so we can all understand:
Why did the father, brother, and son of Mrs. Shoemaker testify against her before a grand jury?
This has been asked before and for some reason you and the Shoemakers refuse to answer.

It does not matter what town you go to, if you break the law you will suffer the punishment whether it is Church Point, Lake Charles, or BFE.
The Shoemakers were breaking and entering, and when the caretaker told them to leave, they physically assaulted him with fists and a hammer.

There is less wrong in Church Point than in other major cities. I have lived here all my life and if you do not start trouble, you will not get your butt whipped like your friends the Shoemakers. All parties involved in this case, the Church Point PD, Richard Jagneaux, and the Grand Jury all acted within the confines of the law. Your friends got what they went looking for!
Sick of A Close Friend

United States

#14 Mar 2, 2009
However sad it is when someone dies, Blaine Daigle
chose to end his life. One can sue all they want to, and blame all they want to, but the truth is right in front of us. This young man had major problems that cannot be passed off on anyone. I see guns everyday and never pick one up and kill myself with it. Whatever crossed his mind he is and was responsible for his own end.

We live in a sue-happy country, and look where that has taken us!
candykisses

United States

#15 Mar 2, 2009
chris mcbride for chief ?
rehaber

Jena, LA

#16 Mar 2, 2009
rehaber for chief,mayor,councilman vote for new change no more crooks,drugs,and bums for church point..be wise vote #69 rehaber promises kept no bull sh*t
Adrian Rogers

Jena, LA

#17 Mar 2, 2009
Sick of A Close Friend wrote:
However sad it is when someone dies, Blaine Daigle
chose to end his life. One can sue all they want to, and blame all they want to, but the truth is right in front of us. This young man had major problems that cannot be passed off on anyone. I see guns everyday and never pick one up and kill myself with it. Whatever crossed his mind he is and was responsible for his own end.
We live in a sue-happy country, and look where that has taken us!
Absolutely, you're not responsible for your own actions, that's what the government wants so they can take guns/freedoms. Once that #2 amendment goes, they all go. Our sue-happy society is falling right in step with the govenment. Too many people are trying to protect idiots from Darwins natural selection. Let the dumbass's off themselves, we get smarter as a society every time one of these idiots sucks off a pistol. Stop the damn warning labels too, if a moron is dumb enough to shower with a hair drier, don't they deserve the result? Morons are breeding at an alarming rate, you can't try to get off of a crowded elevator without some idiot trying to swim upstream onto the elevator the minute the doors open. I say we give ignorance tests with square and circle blocks. If the five year old is trying to put the square block in the circle hole for more than five minutes, it's time to knock mom and dad in the head with a ball-pien hammer because they've failed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Church Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Officer Craig David 22 hr Pubben 13
Where is the discount grocery store? Sun Lynn 2
why was Joey Olivier arrested this week end in ... Jun 24 Felicia 2
to all single mothers (Nov '10) Jun 23 Flash_62 43
Watch Yout Husbands Jun 22 Pop that bitch 1
Crystal Grebinger (Aug '13) Jun 20 Hush 62
Who is the two new young cops in mamou they wri... Jun 17 Danika 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Church Point Mortgages