Falcon Football

Lebanon, TN

#1 Aug 26, 2010
What a joke, after losing to Elizabethton, Friday Night, and then again in the JV game Monday, the Volunteer Coaches decided, they would just not show up for the freshman game in Elizabethton Thursday. The only problem with that is no one called Elizabethton. They had the stands full of fans, hotdogs and popcorn were cooked, the officials were paid, the players had warmed up, the only thing missing was the Volunteer Falcons Freshman Team. I can understand being upset about losing, but people worked hard to prepare for the game, and have fund raisers to feed the kids after school, what they did was wrong. I hope they cancel all future games with Volunteer.

“I wanna go fast!!”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 27, 2010
Volunteer used to be a good school. I don't know whats happened to it over the past few years. I used to look forward to my kids going there, now I'm not so sure.
white like Ice

Clarksville, TN

#3 Aug 29, 2010
maybe they should just join the band. seems to be the ONLY thing going good there
Anonymous

Johnson City, TN

#4 Sep 8, 2010
There was not going to be a freshman team at the start of the season. But they decided to have one when most of the freshmen did not get to play the jv game. Its good they did they beat tn high last week. the only win for falcons football so far. arnt the head coaches related ? volunteer needs something I dont know the answer but I feel bad for the kids that work their butts off and the team is not even competing. last year 0-10 / 2-8 the year before.
Anonymous

Johnson City, TN

#5 Sep 8, 2010
As a falcon parent I am sorry and embarrassed.
curious

Maryville, TN

#6 Oct 22, 2010
anybody ever wonder how chuch hill middle school and surgoinsville middle school does so well in their conference..then gets to volunteer and it all blows up.. cud it be they have no coaching. Just a thought... replace the coaches and lets see if that helps... im sure the kids r tired of losing....
Jakester

East Bend, NC

#7 Dec 28, 2010
It's probably the same now as it was in the 80's. To much politics. Even when we got a good coach, Coach Cook from Virginia, he lasted a year and a half. The good ol' boys didn't like the fact he made everyone practice hard and play hard. The parents of some of the sacred cows or should I say calf's, were upset they're kids would no longer be in the spot light ran him off. Always had some good players with great potential. Never gave them a good coach to lead them to victory. They're like a full six pack, just lack a plastic thingy to tie it all together.
Rumor

Maryville, TN

#8 Jan 8, 2011
Is it true that Rider is going to DB as an assistant coach?
dejavu

Madisonville, TN

#9 Jan 24, 2011
Rumor wrote:
Is it true that Rider is going to DB as an assistant coach?
He just simply needs to get another profession......get out of football coaching all together.....retire or something..
wondering

United States

#10 Jan 29, 2011
i dnt understand, things r not wrking , why not change them whats there to loose? not a dang thing. it wuz said he wuz going to db for a coaching job with their qb's.. lord help them
sucks

Bristol, TN

#11 Jan 30, 2011
coach rider SUCKS and needs to be fired. The only reason he got the job as head coach was only because he is jason whitten uncle.
B Hutson

Kingsport, TN

#12 Jan 31, 2011
white like Ice wrote:
maybe they should just join the band. seems to be the ONLY thing going good there
Hahaha!! i was in the band there all four years of my high shcool career and the whole entire school thought we were the best thing there! my junior and senior year was awesome!!!! everyone should be in the the band if they go to volunteer!!!
upcoming volunteer

Fort Campbell, TN

#13 Feb 25, 2011
are the cheerleaders easy at volunteer?
I know all

United States

#14 Mar 15, 2011
upcoming volunteer wrote:
are the cheerleaders easy at volunteer?
Hell yea. Especially Shawntae Williams and Brayden Riner.
localbutt

Kingsport, TN

#15 Apr 12, 2011
I know all wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell yea. Especially Shawntae Williams and Brayden Riner.
lol, use to go to church with shawntae, love to hear the story
Spear em

Bluff City, TN

#16 Sep 10, 2011
" Volunteer Football", Now there is a oxymoron....What a joke! Overall series Chiefs 25 Volunteer 8! MOBUCK!
T-Turner

Chattanooga, TN

#17 Sep 10, 2011
Spear em wrote:
" Volunteer Football", Now there is a oxymoron....What a joke! Overall series Chiefs 25 Volunteer 8! MOBUCK!
What the hell does MOBUCK mean? And for the record Cherokee suxs.
Chiefs 49 Falcons 18

Maryville, TN

#18 Sep 13, 2011
MOBUCK!!!!!!
Volunteer Alumni

Maryville, TN

#19 Sep 13, 2011
Falcon Football wrote:
What a joke, after losing to Elizabethton, Friday Night, and then again in the JV game Monday, the Volunteer Coaches decided, they would just not show up for the freshman game in Elizabethton Thursday. The only problem with that is no one called Elizabethton. They had the stands full of fans, hotdogs and popcorn were cooked, the officials were paid, the players had warmed up, the only thing missing was the Volunteer Falcons Freshman Team. I can understand being upset about losing, but people worked hard to prepare for the game, and have fund raisers to feed the kids after school, what they did was wrong. I hope they cancel all future games with Volunteer.
Why did they cancel the game? I heard a rumor that they discontinued freshman football the rest of the year? Can you elaborate on this please?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Church Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why chase married men? 10 min curious 40
Curious 17 min Know it all 2
Lora Keith 31 min samiam 21
Tiny giant 22 hr tinygiant 2
Saw you with her 23 hr scottsfriend 8
Anyone down? 23 hr ibknowing 2
Tina Strickland Alley (Nov '12) 23 hr sucksuck 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Church Hill Mortgages