Mount Miguel Transformer Explosion

Mount Miguel Transformer Explosion

Posted in the Chula Vista Forum

Chula Vista, CA

#1 Feb 15, 2013
The transformer substation located near the 125 Freeway and the Mt Miguel exit had an explosion and fire last night around 10:30 pm. The fire dept appears to be letting it burn out. The explosion shook nearby homes and caused lights to flicker. One neighbor reported seeing a streak of light go across his window immediately before the first explosion.

Chula Vista, CA

#2 Feb 15, 2013
Flames leapt about 50 to 80 feet high and created a vertical column of thick black smoke. Many residents of the Maravilla community in which I live felt the concussion and thought that something had crashed into their homes. As the fire burned, additional explosions were heard, though the flames seemed to stay concentrated in one area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chula Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) 5 hr Sammy 132
Chargers to move to Las Vegas as a football team Oct 16 Local 1
Vote For Donald Trump (Apr '16) Oct 14 Juan Medraino 18
News Just how bad is Yahoo's security breach? 'Equiv... Oct 14 Mary Luckylick 3
News Low-income residents to receive free Christmas ... (Nov '06) Oct 12 Kendall Martinez 248
Chula Vista Auto glass replacement and Windshie... Oct 10 Natalie 2
Gay teens (May '13) Oct 4 ghost 47

Chula Vista Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chula Vista Mortgages