Fiery Porsche Crash Jams South Bay Fr...

Fiery Porsche Crash Jams South Bay Freeway

There are 21 comments on the NBC San Diego story from Sep 3, 2008, titled Fiery Porsche Crash Jams South Bay Freeway. In it, NBC San Diego reports that:

Traffic backed up for miles in the South Bay after a speeding sports car crashed into the back of a big rig and bursts into flames.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC San Diego.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anon

Altoona, PA

#1 Sep 3, 2008
Porsche 928
This is horrible.
fine

United States

#2 Sep 3, 2008
I bet he won't do that agian!!
928 GUY

Waterford, PA

#3 Sep 3, 2008
may I point out the media has the facts WRONG as usual... it is a Porsche 928 not the slower and lesser 944
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOW

San Diego, CA

#4 Sep 3, 2008
CRAZY BUT SAD
William

Ogden, UT

#5 Sep 3, 2008
How did they know what kind of car it was? What a shame, amazing how people find ways to die everyday.
Ryan

Concord, CA

#6 Sep 3, 2008
SLOW DOWN DUMB@$$! I take the 5 everyday from Del Mar to downtown- I'm usually going 70/75 and people are blowing past me. Theres NO reason to be going 100 mph! The roads are scary anymore
alyssa

Chula Vista, CA

#7 Sep 4, 2008
that accident was crazzzy. saw it on fire. poor guy buuut he def. shouldn't be going that fast.
A Daily Commuter

Fort Collins, CO

#8 Sep 4, 2008
I was 7-10 seconds behind that accident. Hate to say it, but he deserved it. Endangering the lives of other drivers is asinine. I'm so glad he hit no one else except the largest object (trailer) on the highway (and thankfully the trucker was okay too). I mean, what if it was you he hit? I even saw the trailer swerve from the distance after impact. I'm sure his death was painless because when I passed the scene in my car, it was obliterated with pieces everywhere! I have never in my life seen a car go so fast past me (while I'm driving 65-70 mph). People, slow down! No need to rush to work. Work isn't that crucial (well unless you have a Porsche payment to make)...
WiseGuy

San Diego, CA

#9 Sep 4, 2008
It doesn't matter what time of day it is, or which hwy. or road either ... some people in this county drive too fast. Slow down you egotistical morons. That goes for the people who jack rabbit between lanes without turn signals, cross over 3 lanes to exit, think the fast lane is the slow lane or can't merge properly too. The only time I see CHP on the hwy. is if it's a 3 day drunken holiday. And then only one lonely unit is tied up with a stop while hundreds of cars fly by mocking that unit.
Reggie

San Diego, CA

#10 Sep 4, 2008
928 GUY wrote:
may I point out the media has the facts WRONG as usual... it is a Porsche 928 not the slower and lesser 944
What difference does it make?!!!!
Jay

Scottsdale, AZ

#11 Sep 4, 2008
Reggie wrote:
<quoted text> What difference does it make?!!!!
Because a 944 is hardly a Porsche.
Grieving Son

Imperial Beach, CA

#12 Sep 4, 2008
It was my father,age 65. The family is extremly grateful that no on else was hurt. My Father has suffered with mental illness and two hospitals denied him admission two days prior to this. The family is going to be looking into possible negligence on the hospitals behalf.

When people are mentally ill and end up in the hospital for treatment, the hospitals need to admit these cases.

Again, the family is so grateful that he did not injure anyone else.

thank you.
the other Fred

San Diego, CA

#13 Sep 4, 2008
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Because a 944 is hardly a Porsche.
So is a 928 when talking to traditional flat 6 enthusiasts but that's beside the point. It sounds as though the driver purposely
ran into the back of the truck. If the post before me is true, it is heart wrenching to see a family member struggle with mental illness especially if the end result is suicide. It's a result you hope can be avoided until it happens.
Please be reasonable

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Sep 4, 2008
Guys: Please don't judge people for the first action you see. Someone is asking for forgiveness because of the action of his father.

We all made mistakes, we all have driven over the speed limit. Unfortunately this was a big mistake for this person.

I'm sure that God will grant also forgiveness so the driver will rest in peace.
Jennifer

San Diego, CA

#15 Sep 5, 2008
Grieving Son wrote:
It was my father,age 65. The family is extremly grateful that no on else was hurt. My Father has suffered with mental illness and two hospitals denied him admission two days prior to this. The family is going to be looking into possible negligence on the hospitals behalf.
When people are mentally ill and end up in the hospital for treatment, the hospitals need to admit these cases.
Again, the family is so grateful that he did not injure anyone else.
thank you.
This has got to make your loss all that more difficult. Please accept my heartfelt sympathies.
irene

Chula Vista, CA

#16 Sep 5, 2008
MY PRAYERS GOES TO HES FAMILY, AFTER THIS DRIVERS HOPE YOU TAKE YOUR TIME TO DO YOUR ARRANGMENTS GOD BLESS.
928 guy

Lorain, OH

#17 Sep 7, 2008
the other Fred wrote:
<quoted text>
So is a 928 when talking to traditional flat 6 enthusiasts but that's beside the point. It sounds as though the driver purposely
ran into the back of the truck. If the post before me is true, it is heart wrenching to see a family member struggle with mental illness especially if the end result is suicide. It's a result you hope can be avoided until it happens.
Wow, very sorry and I wish you all the best.
the other Fred

San Diego, CA

#18 Sep 7, 2008
928 guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, very sorry and I wish you all the best.
Sarcasm my friend directed at those more concerned with the merits of the car than with the driver who died.
Wow, I'm sorry you didn't get it.
Pray for the family who lost a loved one.
Barker

Kalaheo, HI

#19 Sep 7, 2008
fake. mentally ill people don't drive Porsches.
Grieving Son

Imperial Beach, CA

#20 Sep 8, 2008
I'm just appauled that some people are just so cold hearted as this "Barker A**Hole".

He's had that car for 10 years. You are right, mentally ill people don't drive Porsches. If he was driving a chevy, would that be better for your small mind to understand?

Thank you for all the other supportive comments, the family appreciates it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chula Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News McDonald's restaurants honor police with Blue l... Wed hey 3
Looking for a Home girl to make money with (Feb '15) Wed Capine 7
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Wed Ron 182
rocky dee hines conviction Tue dean 1
News Six Reasons Why Trump's Wall is Even Dumber Tha... Jan 16 spytheweb 2
News Mexico protects islands off Baja California's P... Jan 16 walter 1
Gay teens (May '13) Jan 15 Really 54

Chula Vista Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance