Wal Mart Loss Prevention
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: May 09

Chula Vista/San Diego

#1 May 27, 2009
Has anybody had any dealings with the Loss Prevention (security) at the Wal Mart located near Palomar and Braodway?(by Costco) I might be contacting a lawyer due to inappropriate handling of my son and his friend both of who are minors. They were caught opening ipod cover packages(rude I admit) and were taken by security into the back and searched. I don't have any problem with that if they were looking for stolen merchandise,but the security told the boys they knew they had stolen nothing. What I'm upset with is the abuse my son and his friend went through. The boys were handcuffed so tightly that the cuffs broke the skin on my sons friend wrist. The security told my son he was bi polar and it was due to the fact that his mother was a hooker. One of the boys was also forcibly shoved down when he tried to stand up. These are not law enforcement officers. I have worked in retail management for years and loss prevention is not allowed to do any of these things. The police were called by Wal Mart and my son was charged with shop lifting even though no merchandise was found on his person and the cameras also found no evidence of them taking anything. This was 3 weeks ago and we have not heard from the DA so I'm assuming Wal Mart is not going to press charges. If anybody has a similar story with this same Wal Mart location I'd like to hear from you. PS. I'm not a hooker. lol
Tanner

San Diego, CA

#2 Jun 1, 2009
Some telling points.

First being minors or not has no bearing on this action.

Second the security guards said they knew they did not steal anything.

Third being handcuffed is never a easy fun thing most do break the skin or are tight and hurt.

Fourth it was the The security guard that told your son he was bi polar and it was due to the fact that his (the security guards) mother was a hooker,not you.

Being shoved down will be hard to prove security will say it never happened.

Next The police were called by Wal Mart and your son was charged with shop lifting even though no merchandise was found on his person and the cameras also found no evidence of them taking anything so they can’t be charged with shoplifting.


Please contact your lawyer and give the lawyer just the facts of what happened, Wal-Mart is a very big dog and won’t go down easy be prepared for several years of taking this issue to task.

Don’t contact Wal-mart on your own please let your lawyer call them to task.

Last you may consider the news media try the turko files sometimes the news media can cut years of problems.

http://www.kusi.com/features/turko

Please keep me up on your actions

Tanner San Diego Ca.
modello man

San Diego, CA

#3 Jun 1, 2009
all i got to say is if you catch illegals shop lifting at wal mart and you send them back make each one of them carry a couple of cases of modello with 'em so we can get that shit out of the country also. it gives me a terrible headache.
Boi

United States

#4 Jun 1, 2009
what?
Tanner

San Diego, CA

#5 Jun 4, 2009
So what happened?
Loss prevention

Chula Vista, CA

#6 Jul 30, 2009
Hi, I think that you should hear both story's not only your sons because I work loss prevention for a retail store and we cannot give any information out on any video. So, how do you know that its not on video, second: the police took the teens, so there was something wrong. Before saying stuff like that you should be sure that your son is saying the truth.
I think you should go to court so they can take their evidence and maybe they will teach you son a lesson.
dani

Tijuana, Mexico

#7 Jul 31, 2009
well, there teens, its wal-mart,its hard to reconize that hour children shoplift, our do other stupid stuff,that teens do in these days. if cops where there, something was wrong.good luck lady.
Roads

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Jul 31, 2009
Tanner wrote:
Some telling points.
First being minors or not has no bearing on this action.
Second the security guards said they knew they did not steal anything.
Third being handcuffed is never a easy fun thing most do break the skin or are tight and hurt.
Fourth it was the The security guard that told your son he was bi polar and it was due to the fact that his (the security guards) mother was a hooker,not you.
Being shoved down will be hard to prove security will say it never happened.
Next The police were called by Wal Mart and your son was charged with shop lifting even though no merchandise was found on his person and the cameras also found no evidence of them taking anything so they can’t be charged with shoplifting.
Please contact your lawyer and give the lawyer just the facts of what happened, Wal-Mart is a very big dog and won’t go down easy be prepared for several years of taking this issue to task.
Don’t contact Wal-mart on your own please let your lawyer call them to task.
Last you may consider the news media try the turko files sometimes the news media can cut years of problems.
http://www.kusi.com/features/turko
Please keep me up on your actions
Tanner San Diego Ca.
some good points
mavis

AOL

#9 Jul 31, 2009
Being that it was like 3 months ago and no charges were ever filed speaks for itself,the security guards were watching my son on the camera monitor and thats how they said they knew they werent taking anything also THE POLICE verified what the boys were saying and seemed uncomfortable with the way LP handled everything. The boys were taken because of the escalating situation with LP and because they found pot on them. Not because they were stealing.. I'm sorry for you that you work in loss prevention. I also worked retail for many years so I know what loss prevention is and is not allowed to do, but we use to watch people on the camera monitors all the time so I don't quite get your point on that. Just because you are in Loss Prevention you feel the need to automatically take the side of some other LP person. Whatever..
Loss prevention wrote:
Hi, I think that you should hear both story's not only your sons because I work loss prevention for a retail store and we cannot give any information out on any video. So, how do you know that its not on video, second: the police took the teens, so there was something wrong. Before saying stuff like that you should be sure that your son is saying the truth.
I think you should go to court so they can take their evidence and maybe they will teach you son a lesson.
LOSS PREVENTION 2

United States

#10 Aug 13, 2009
Its really sad how a parent does not seem to realize when their own son makes a mistake. Me working in Loss Prevention their is allot of policy's to follow, We can watch a million people on camera but we can not stop them if you son was caught is because he was stealing and the fact that they had weed we know what kind of teenager we are dealing with. Their is a thing called a bad stop and thats when you stop someone with no merchandise, and your job, a law suit and police charges against the store or you can say security. The fact that the teenagers where taken by police it saids everything. The teens stoled from the store, they had weed. What else do you need. I will bet you anything that the security guards are still working there following the policy's and catching people who steal.
Good luck with your teenage star that he probably got kicked out of regular school, smoking weed and shoplifting.......... WHAT A FUTURE.
But you should call turko files so they can show evidence and you should go to court for that.
SUPER STAR MOM!
Barron

United States

#11 Aug 13, 2009
As what I have seen In my job I dont think that the officers would take the teens with no evidence of shoplifting. The kids are guilty thats why they take in the patrol car, I dont think they went for a ride along. did they?
Security know what they are doing.And for Mavis, that you worked or work in retail doesnt mean you can judge how loss prevention works. Do you know the rules or are you qualified to stop someone.????????
You have to see that if they where caught its because they were stealing.
Best LP Ever

United States

#12 Aug 16, 2009
The All Star Mother here has no clue what is or isn't on tape... She has no idea what her Son took or did not take... I'll put money she never spoke to the arresting LP officers at Wal-Mart.... So basically she got all of her information from her All Star son. Wow... now here's a question... actually more like a comment... police wouldn't have taken your son unless he stole before (which wouldn't shock me), or couldn't contact you (great job), or maybe he had something illegal on him???? Hmmmm... I don't know... I think before you come onto a website and start talking shit about some LP Officers that are doing they're job and dealing with your punk ass son, you should get your facts straight so you don't sound like a dumb ass hillbilly.
Tanner

San Diego, CA

#13 Aug 16, 2009
Can we have an update on this story ?

we should all get our facts straight.

thanks
mavis

AOL

#14 Aug 16, 2009
Best LP Ever wrote:
The All Star Mother here has no clue what is or isn't on tape... She has no idea what her Son took or did not take... I'll put money she never spoke to the arresting LP officers at Wal-Mart.... So basically she got all of her information from her All Star son. Wow... now here's a question... actually more like a comment... police wouldn't have taken your son unless he stole before (which wouldn't shock me), or couldn't contact you (great job), or maybe he had something illegal on him???? Hmmmm... I don't know... I think before you come onto a website and start talking shit about some LP Officers that are doing they're job and dealing with your punk ass son, you should get your facts straight so you don't sound like a dumb ass hillbilly.
Alittle bitter?? Maybe if you could have been a real cop instead of making crap money helping some business line their own pockets and never yours you wouldn't be calling other peoples kids punk ass. In all my years of retail management I never met an LP person that wasn't a total pussy ass overgrown hall moniter. And by the way, Hillbillies don't come from S. CAl. and if I was a hillbilly it would be better then being a small minded person who loves to pass judgement on other people because all they have in thier life is their pathetic $13 an hour job that a trained monkey could do. And don't bet cuz you lose
mavis

AOL

#15 Aug 16, 2009
LOSS PREVENTION 2 wrote:
Its really sad how a parent does not seem to realize when their own son makes a mistake. Me working in Loss Prevention their is allot of policy's to follow, We can watch a million people on camera but we can not stop them if you son was caught is because he was stealing and the fact that they had weed we know what kind of teenager we are dealing with. Their is a thing called a bad stop and thats when you stop someone with no merchandise, and your job, a law suit and police charges against the store or you can say security. The fact that the teenagers where taken by police it saids everything. The teens stoled from the store, they had weed. What else do you need. I will bet you anything that the security guards are still working there following the policy's and catching people who steal.
Good luck with your teenage star that he probably got kicked out of regular school, smoking weed and shoplifting.......... WHAT A FUTURE.
But you should call turko files so they can show evidence and you should go to court for that.
SUPER STAR MOM!
So everybody that smokes pot is a theif? Is that what they teach you in LP school? My son is an honor role student, who does volunteer work with animals. This is so not what this topic was about. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one. Do you really feel the need to stand up for every LP person out there. Why so defensive?
katie

Chula Vista, CA

#16 Aug 17, 2009
Hey APA or APC whatever the hell you call your self today! Work harder and next time you might pass the police exam! your job is a joke you are a joke! just of bunch rejects that cant make it as cops!
LOSS PREVENTION 2 wrote:
Its really sad how a parent does not seem to realize when their own son makes a mistake. Me working in Loss Prevention their is allot of policy's to follow, We can watch a million people on camera but we can not stop them if you son was caught is because he was stealing and the fact that they had weed we know what kind of teenager we are dealing with. Their is a thing called a bad stop and thats when you stop someone with no merchandise, and your job, a law suit and police charges against the store or you can say security. The fact that the teenagers where taken by police it saids everything. The teens stoled from the store, they had weed. What else do you need. I will bet you anything that the security guards are still working there following the policy's and catching people who steal.
Good luck with your teenage star that he probably got kicked out of regular school, smoking weed and shoplifting.......... WHAT A FUTURE.
But you should call turko files so they can show evidence and you should go to court for that.
SUPER STAR MOM!
Tanner

San Diego, CA

#17 Aug 17, 2009
Please don't feed the trolls it just gets them off gang.

Peace

I guess this story is dead RIP...
dani

Cancún, Mexico

#18 Aug 17, 2009
ya its a joke, when you have a petty theft misdeamenor in your record, and your in front of a judge saying your soory, and paying a fine for it, and not being able to get a job for being a theive, ya its a joke all right.
rampage

San Diego, CA

#19 Aug 19, 2009
your son is stupid and got caught not only shoplifting and with weed...for all the people in denial that say his innocent and like the mom you guys are stupid and the mom you are just hurting your son for not realizing he fuck up.... i agree with Dani loss prevention is no Joke they might be rent a cops but is not funny when they are in court saying im sorry or even worse lock up. And for Mavis your stupid and dont know shit..you got caught shoplifting thats why you hate LP so much...jajaja
mavis

AOL

#20 Aug 19, 2009
rampage wrote:
your son is stupid and got caught not only shoplifting and with weed...for all the people in denial that say his innocent and like the mom you guys are stupid and the mom you are just hurting your son for not realizing he fuck up.... i agree with Dani loss prevention is no Joke they might be rent a cops but is not funny when they are in court saying im sorry or even worse lock up. And for Mavis your stupid and dont know shit..you got caught shoplifting thats why you hate LP so much...jajaja
You can't read and I hope your punk ass gets locked up. If my son stole, he would have been charged and the cops would have told me he stole. They said he didn't, just that he and his friend were opening packages. This wasn't about me trying to convince people of my sons innocence, it's about how LP treated a minor. Look up Wal Marts past LP issues and you will see what I'm talking about. And who here is really qualified to pass out parenting advice. You guys have nothing better to do than talk shit to people after reading half of what was said. And sorry LP is a joke shitty pay for protecting someone elses shit. You are just like the rest of the people on this site, Pussy ass people who don't have shit to say unless their in front of a computer. Loser

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chula Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Experimental Aircraft Association (Jun '13) 15 hr glasspilot 6
Chargers have said YES on moving the football t... Sat Local 1
Chargers have said NO on moving the football te... Sat Local 1
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) Dec 2 Ron 151
Review: Liberty Lawyers (May '16) Dec 2 HarrisonD 3
A reminder for all of us Nov 29 rotfool 1
News Trump deportation plan sends South Bay leaders ... Nov 29 spytheweb 2

Chula Vista Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chula Vista Mortgages