Chula Vista Woman Dies Getting Liposu...

Chula Vista Woman Dies Getting Liposuction in Tijuana

There are 59 comments on the San Diego 6 story from May 27, 2010, titled Chula Vista Woman Dies Getting Liposuction in Tijuana. In it, San Diego 6 reports that:

A cosmetic surgery across the border in Tijuana turns deadly for a Chula Vista woman and now the family is demanding answers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Diego 6.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#1 May 29, 2010
I am a victim of Plastic surgery malpractice. Please Beware of DR JAIME CAMPOS LEON. He butchered me. I got Pectoral implants with him, and from day one i had complications. The implants he used did not fit the size of my chest, they were small and looked breast like. As time went by i got severe pain on the right pec, it turned out i had formed lots of scar tissue. He offered to do a capsulectomy, a process that removes the scar tissue that forms around the implant. After i could not tolerate the horrible sharp pains, so i had him remove them. When i removed the bandages i cried in horror..It looked like the muscle was gone! I went to a medical Dr and he sent me to an orthopedic surgeon. The results showed a pectoral tendon tear. I had surgery to fix it. When i woke the Dr said that the muscle was damaged and there was a piece of muscle missing, there was nothing he could do to salvage my pec. Now i live with this deformity and i was severely depressed for a long time, i am not the same outgoing guy i used to be and now take sleeping pills because i don't sleep and i have horrible nightmares. I still cry some times but i try to make the best out of life and thankful for the people that are in my life. I hope this story will make people think twice if they consider going across the border for any type of surgery.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Malcom Reynolds

Orem, UT

#3 Oct 12, 2010
Wow. They demand answers? How about, you went to freaking Tijuana for your surgery! That's mistake number one!
http://www.classiquemedspa.net
Larry Stephens

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Nov 9, 2010
Tijuana has plenty of world leading plastic surgeon's, and like any other surgery, people need to take two or three surgery evaluation consultations prior to electing a dr. to do their surgery, if they don't make their due diligence, they are at fault. Cheap prices will get you cheap results, why would you want to save an extra $100 when you are already saving thousands? The reason most Americans go to have cosmetic surgery in Mexico is very simple, YOU END UP PAYING AT LEAST HALF OF WHAT IT COSTS IN THE U.S., SOME TIMES A THIRD, And it's not just Mexico, Thailand, Brazil, Argentina, they all have thriving medical tourism industries. With excelent results i might add. When you think of Tijuana, you think of funny jokes, but Tijuana, Mexico is just across the San Diego, California US-Mexico Border. A modern thriving city, that believe it or not, is very technologically advanced and medically, it is way up there with the best of the world. Some 300 surgeries a day are performed in the Tijuana Medical District which is just 6 sq miles. There are cancer treatments, cosmetic surgery, orthopedic surgery, gynecological surgery, IVF, lapband, dentistry and more being done every day in Tijuana. just search for TIJUANA PLASTIC SURGERY and look thru all the options, and LOOK AT THE CREDENTIALS FIRST, THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICS SECOND.
http://www.interestica.com or http://www.tjplast.com can be of some help if you are looking for cosmetic surgery. http://www.tjsmile.com or http://www.brittondental.com if you are looking for dental services, or http://www.loosemyobesity.com for lapband and gastric by-pass.
Colleen

Las Vegas, NV

#5 Nov 19, 2010
The real sad thing here is we u.s. citizens can't afford u.s. doctor's because our doctor's are way to greedy. We are also going out of the country to get medicine because again the u.s. is way to expensive. And if you want something badly enough but can't afford the u.s. doctor's you will go to another country and take that risk. But nobody wants to die. This was a tragedy and I don't blame the family for wanting answers. I would expect the same answers if the surgery was here in the u.s. or Mexico. They are wanting closure. I'm sure alot of you commenting negatively are the ones that go over to Mexico and party. Isn't that taking the same risk. Don't judge anybody! We all do things for certain reason. GOD BLESS THE FAMILY. I HOPE YOU FIND CLOSURE.
meme

San Francisco, CA

#6 May 2, 2011
Fu** the family they shoulda coffed up the extra cash then that wouldn't have happendduh
EJJ2011

Rockland, MA

#7 Jul 16, 2011
Tony3331 wrote:
I am a victim of Plastic surgery malpractice. Please Beware of DR JAIME CAMPOS LEON. He butchered me. I got Pectoral implants with him, and from day one i had complications. The implants he used did not fit the size of my chest, they were small and looked breast like. As time went by i got severe pain on the right pec, it turned out i had formed lots of scar tissue. He offered to do a capsulectomy, a process that removes the scar tissue that forms around the implant. After i could not tolerate the horrible sharp pains, so i had him remove them. When i removed the bandages i cried in horror..It looked like the muscle was gone! I went to a medical Dr and he sent me to an orthopedic surgeon. The results showed a pectoral tendon tear. I had surgery to fix it. When i woke the Dr said that the muscle was damaged and there was a piece of muscle missing, there was nothing he could do to salvage my pec. Now i live with this deformity and i was severely depressed for a long time, i am not the same outgoing guy i used to be and now take sleeping pills because i don't sleep and i have horrible nightmares. I still cry some times but i try to make the best out of life and thankful for the people that are in my life. I hope this story will make people think twice if they consider going across the border for any type of surgery.
I am so sorry to hear about this Tony. I hope all is well with you now. It is tough when we trust the person and allow them to sedate us and we hope that we get the result promised. I am so tired of people blaming it on Mexico and saying "what do you expect you went to Mexico". It happens here in the f'n USA also!! Can you have fat grafting done to that area? How are you managing now. My heart goes out to you and I pray you have been able to sleep well and resume confidence. It is easier said than done. How are things now? Please advise.
EJJ2011

Rockland, MA

#8 Jul 16, 2011
Larry Stephens wrote:
Tijuana has plenty of world leading plastic surgeon's, and like any other surgery, people need to take two or three surgery evaluation consultations prior to electing a dr. to do their surgery, if they don't make their due diligence, they are at fault. Cheap prices will get you cheap results, why would you want to save an extra $100 when you are already saving thousands? The reason most Americans go to have cosmetic surgery in Mexico is very simple, YOU END UP PAYING AT LEAST HALF OF WHAT IT COSTS IN THE U.S., SOME TIMES A THIRD, And it's not just Mexico, Thailand, Brazil, Argentina, they all have thriving medical tourism industries. With excelent results i might add. When you think of Tijuana, you think of funny jokes, but Tijuana, Mexico is just across the San Diego, California US-Mexico Border. A modern thriving city, that believe it or not, is very technologically advanced and medically, it is way up there with the best of the world. Some 300 surgeries a day are performed in the Tijuana Medical District which is just 6 sq miles. There are cancer treatments, cosmetic surgery, orthopedic surgery, gynecological surgery, IVF, lapband, dentistry and more being done every day in Tijuana. just search for TIJUANA PLASTIC SURGERY and look thru all the options, and LOOK AT THE CREDENTIALS FIRST, THE BEFORE AND AFTER PICS SECOND.
http://www.interestica.com or http://www.tjplast.com can be of some help if you are looking for cosmetic surgery. http://www.tjsmile.com or http://www.brittondental.com if you are looking for dental services, or http://www.loosemyobesity.com for lapband and gastric by-pass.
I am glad to hear someone on this blog has sense. I had surgery at Bumrungrad International in Thailand in March and just had surgery in Tiajuana at the beginning of this month. I used a medical tourism service both times and have had great results! I am going back to Tiajuana for my final phase of surgery and dental work. I get treated better abroad than I do in the uSA.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#10 Sep 14, 2011
EJJ2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
... I get treated better abroad than I do in the uSA.
it s normal,, latin people know how to treat a patient, they are very nice person, the service is excellent everywhere in latin america. That's why I highly recommend to people looking for an affordable plastic surgery abroad to go to latin america. Surgeons are excellent (you just have to find the right one) and you can make big savings.
I mean I had a Mommy makeover done in south america at MakeoverTravel clinic and my results are AMAZING!
The price I paid was very affordable compared with the price I had to pay in the US. I paid $6,500 for - a breast lift + breast implants - full body liposuction and tummy Tuck.
The cost of this surgery in the US would be of $20,000 maybe more,, the difference is just HUGE.
My emotional state is also much better,,, since my surgery, I have noticed that people treat me so much better and my works seems to be better now too. I feel much stronger then before the surgery.

“USS Bainbridge CGN-25”

Since: Jun 11

San Diego Pier 5

#11 Sep 14, 2011
Most people don't realize how much blood loss occurs during liposuction. I wonder if that might have been a factor in this case?
Rhonda C from HB

Pomona, CA

#12 Sep 22, 2011
I used Dr. Jaime Campos for tummy tuck, lipo, breast lift, implants and fat grafting. I couldn't be more thrilled with my results. He specializes in plastic surgery in woman that had had lots of weight loss and girls that want BIG booty's. He is an artist. I dont know why you would go to him for peck surgery. You should have done better research. Did you see before and after pics of peck implants done by him??? I think this is on you. And how could you blame scar tissue or rejection on a DR?

Location hidden

#13 Sep 22, 2011
Rhonda C from HB wrote:
I used Dr. Jaime Campos for tummy tuck, lipo, breast lift, implants and fat grafting. I couldn't be more thrilled with my results. He specializes in plastic surgery in woman that had had lots of weight loss and girls that want BIG booty's. He is an artist. I dont know why you would go to him for peck surgery. You should have done better research. Did you see before and after pics of peck implants done by him??? I think this is on you. And how could you blame scar tissue or rejection on a DR?
Rhonda How dare you! If you only knew the pain and suffering i have gone through thanks to this butcher who lied to me and told me he had done many male Pec augmentations, He offered the procedurue.. I am still living with the TRAUMA and deformed chest thanks to this man that calls himself a plastic surgeon. THIS IS NOT ON ME! I Trusted him, He is the one that left me with out half a chest muscle after a capsulectomy . NOT ONLY DID HE REMOVE TISSUE HE REMOVED MY MUSCLE!!!! I have the horrible scars and the medical documents and my family to prove it. And one more thing i left out, i had also underwent liposuction with this butcher and I have dents on the side of my hip and legs. He is also horrible doing liposuction. Do you know how much money i have spent in medical thanks to this Butcher? Every thing i had. Where has he been through out all of my suffering? You think he would have at least paid all of my medical bills, after all, he is the one that did this. He has no remorse. I have been to so many Hospitals and the all say it is unfixable. So , what the F#*K do you know RHONDA C,. i am glad your surgery was good, you had all the sagging fatty loose deformed skin lifted and snipped , so of coarse , any thing he did would look better than what you had before. Because your body was deformed prior, you don't know any better Rhonda. Now If i could go back in time i would have never chosen Jaime Campos Leon, he disfigured my body, He stole my confidence and and i live life disfigured and depressed. So Rhonda Don't judge. I am glad your surgery work for you but it didn't for me. AND YES IT WAS HIM WHO LEFT ME THIS WAY. Now to all those considering any kind of surgery, Do it in the States. I am a good example. I am not saying all the Surgeons are bad but, if something happens to you, the laws are very different in Mexico and they look after their own. I am mexican American and know how it works. Mexico is very corrupt. Good luck to all considering surgery in Mexico. Yes its cheaper but you definitely get what you pay for and more.

Location hidden

#14 Sep 22, 2011
Jordana35 wrote:
<quoted text>
it s normal,, latin people know how to treat a patient, they are very nice person, the service is excellent everywhere in latin america. That's why I highly recommend to people looking for an affordable plastic surgery abroad to go to latin america. Surgeons are excellent (you just have to find the right one) and you can make big savings.
I mean I had a Mommy makeover done in south america at MakeoverTravel clinic and my results are AMAZING!
The price I paid was very affordable compared with the price I had to pay in the US. I paid $6,500 for - a breast lift + breast implants - full body liposuction and tummy Tuck.
The cost of this surgery in the US would be of $20,000 maybe more,, the difference is just HUGE.
My emotional state is also much better,,, since my surgery, I have noticed that people treat me so much better and my works seems to be better now too. I feel much stronger then before the surgery.
Yes, there are some good surgeons but there are very few. It is definitely a choice, but if you live in the United states you are better off going to a surgeon here. It might be cheaper in mexico or other foreign countries "But" You get what you pay for most of the time. Just save that extra 3 grand and go to a real Dr in the United States. Thaw laws Are different here than mexico. If some thing goes wrong here you can immediately can the help you need and you can get the best legal help in the U S too ,In Mexico, the cops and the law are crooks, they all look out for one another, it is a very corrupt country. Good luck!

Location hidden

#15 Sep 23, 2011
Larry Stephens wrote:
Yes, i agree that there is good surgeons but there are very few. A lot of Americans cross the border for surgery because of the cost. But in the united Stats there are many places where you can get the same price, for that you would need to do a lot of research on the surgeon. Now, if you get a procedure in Mexico And something goes wrong, they will do nothing to cover you. If you decide you want to Sue in mexico. good luck because the legal system works different over there. They are cooks, all of them. The Cops. The Judges. a plastic surgeon could pay the judge and side on his defense, they look out for one another. Mexico is very corrupt. In the U S if something happens, we have the best medical care and we have grate attorney's and an awesome legal system. Really think about the consequences before you decide getting it done in Mexico. Take it from some one that had the worst experience of my life, i still suffer thanks to Jaime Campos Leon
Melinda M

United States

#16 Nov 5, 2011
To Rhonda C.
Im interested in gettin the Baja Butt Lift. I have seen pictures from his procedures and i am impressed. Would u go to him [email protected] Tony, im sorry about ur procedure and ur n ur comments are appreciated and both of ur posts will be takin under consideration. Please help.

Location hidden

#17 Nov 7, 2011
Melinda M wrote:
To Rhonda C.
Im interested in gettin the Baja Butt Lift. I have seen pictures from his procedures and i am impressed. Would u go to him [email protected] Tony, im sorry about ur procedure and ur n ur comments are appreciated and both of ur posts will be takin under consideration. Please help.
Hi Melinda, I chose to share my story so that others won't fall victim to this butcher. Doesn't my story or the chula vista woman that died make you realize the dangers? There are a lot of people like Rhonda that work for these butchers and bring people to mexico or they promote to get deals on surgeries. Think about it before you do it, i am living proof of what this man did to me. Melinda, The saying goes, You get what you pay for. Yes it's dirt cheap but the results might not be what you wanted. Surgery is a major thing, it is not like getting your roots done. Choose a real Dr. here in the U S . I will never be the same, i now live with a major deformity and regret the day i met Jaime Campos. Good luck and god bless
Houston24

Houston, TX

#18 Nov 16, 2011
Rhonda C from HB wrote:
I heard Dr Campos is amazing... how is your butt lift now?
Sandra

Phoenix, AZ

#19 Nov 22, 2011
@ Tony - There is always the possibility of complications in EACH AND EVERY SURGERY. With that said, I have had MANY procedures in TJ, MX - AND my life was saved BECAUSE of the medical care I received there because doctors in THIS country wouldn't help me because it wasn't "viable".

IF you had issues with Dr. Campos or any other doctor there, you should talk to them, not just write things online - this makes me and others think that you are not credible. When I had massive procedures done by him, I also had some scar tissue form (WHICH IS NORMAL) and when I went back - he fixed it for free - something US doctors never do!

I have been so grateful for him and his incredible skill that I have helped many, many, MANY see him for their work. Not once - EVER did ANYONE have one single complaint. Dr. CAMPOS CORRECTED DAMAGES CAUSED TO ME BY THE MAYO CLINIC - and all of that is documented with records, reports AND photographs.

FOR THE RECORD - you need to do some research and learn how many AMERICANS die in the US while having cosmetic surgery, dental surgery, even having babies. Sometimes it happens - unfortunately. I've taken women who were BUTCHERED by US Cosmetic Surgeons, where body parts were discarded, and Dr. Campos not only reconstructed and made the patient thrilled, but also didn't rape the patient on the cost!

What you have written here pisses me off because Dr. Campos is one of the leading cosmetic surgeons in the world. He has an incredible staff, wife and family. EVERYTHING you write has damages and ANYONE whom has been to see him, LOVES him and KNOWS that they can return anytime. Before I believe ANYTHING you've written, I would want to see medical records that confirm what you've written. If you don't have it, I hope you are able to deal with the backlash because I for one will be bringing this to his attention. I think you're a plant by another facility and there is something called slander and defamation. You put it in writing, and if it's not true, then you can be in major trouble.

IF this were true, in any form - then you would know that there are reporting agencies and requirements, yes, even in Mexico. In fact, MEXICO has MUCH HIGHER STANDARDS THAN THE US when it comes to medical, homeopathic, etc. In Mexico, I was CURED of Diabetes, people are CURED of cancer - why not in the US??? Oh yeah, that's right, because IN Mexico - it's NOT about GREED - it's about saving lives!

@ EVERYONE ELSE: Don't believe everything you've read by this original rant. If you want to know who this incredible surgeon is, I will be happy to help you out. DO I get anything for this? HELL NO! I am grateful for the life he has given me. He changed me forever and I will be FOREVER GRATEFUL!
Sandra

Phoenix, AZ

#20 Nov 22, 2011
Rhonda C from HB wrote:
He also does work on men. You are correct, his blaming Dr. Campos for HIS scar tissue is silly. Rejection? Makes me wonder if the patient may have not followed orders, used drugs, went drinking or something else.
Sandra

Phoenix, AZ

#21 Nov 22, 2011
@ Tony3331 - YOU SOB!

So EVERYONE KNOWS - Tony3331 took advantage of a story that has NOTHING TO DO WITH DR. CAMPOS, in fact, if you click on the story link at the very top, you will see it's about someone else, and I quote...

"Dr. Louis May Villanueva performed the surgery. Ten minutes later, Lourdes died."

Tony3331 - I have already sent this over to the Doctor and I really hope that he rips you a new one.

Location hidden

#22 Nov 23, 2011
@ Sandra, were you there? Were you the one that got butcherd? I speak nothing but the truth and i don't want any one to fall victim. i posted this because of my dreadful experience getting surgery in tijuana with Jaime Campos, he knows what he did, he is my biggest regret. And i plan on sharing my story with Everyone so that it will not happen to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chula Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Facebook vs Twitter 2 hr Biased Mayhem 3
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Colorful Digi... 12 hr No Net 125
Ron Fleishman is the World's Most Underrated Ph... (Sep '15) 12 hr No Net 421
Bing is a Terrible Search Engine (Jun '17) 23 hr Microsoft Problem 29
Comcast is Worse Than You Think (Jun '17) 23 hr Changing Guard 65
Wal Mart Loss Prevention (May '09) Fri Whamo 132
gay/bi teens (Feb '15) Dec 11 pbaldwin60 8

Chula Vista Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance