Teachers 2012 Paychecks 168 district.

Teachers 2012 Paychecks 168 district.

Posted in the Christopher Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
SUSAN

Carbondale, IL

#2 Oct 26, 2013
What a waste of money. Noto is a waste of money for sure.
Liza

Carbondale, IL

#3 Oct 26, 2013
Do you have the link to the salaries?
Berra

Marion, IL

#4 Oct 26, 2013
You can go to thechampion.org and look at all the salaries in il. But, beware, its a biased site. They lump all of the retirement benefits into the yearly salaries to over inflate them.
Poco

Herrin, IL

#5 Oct 26, 2013
It's includes all the money the district has to pay on behalf of each employee. It's not inflated.
go cards

West Frankfort, IL

#6 Oct 26, 2013
you couldn't pay me enough money to put up with these disrespectful snot nosed monsters.. Kids today, am I right???
dido

Enfield, IL

#7 Oct 26, 2013
go cards wrote:
you couldn't pay me enough money to put up with these disrespectful snot nosed monsters.. Kids today, am I right???
You are right, they should still whoop kids a$$es in school like I got then kids wouldn't be brats
truth

Marion, IL

#8 Oct 26, 2013
Ya you are right there are some bad kids. Just to let you know there are also some scumbag teachers/coaches in the school. There are some that do not follow school regulations and disrespect, curse, bully, and teache however they want to. Besides that im pretty sure that there are some teachers who are having trouble with prescription and non prescription drugs, and the old left hand cigarettes. What a waste of the tax payers money. If you ever have a problem and go complain to Superindt, AD, or principle.... you are wasting your time. They could care less about the kids.
dennis

Carbondale, IL

#9 Oct 29, 2013
http://www.familytaxpayers.org/salary.php

teachers keep taking it off here is link
alf

Carbondale, IL

#10 Oct 29, 2013
gotcha

Carterville, IL

#12 Oct 29, 2013
Most of those salaries are not that outlandish. If you want to talk about overpaid, look at the salaries of school administrators.

Herrin Unit 4 -$196,000
Marion Unit 2 -$170,000

How in God's name are those acceptable salaries for people who don't have to deal with any of the pressure that teachers are put under?

If test scores go down in a district, the superintendent has a whole network of teachers to put the blame on. And if the teachers complain about not having enough supplies or enough support with unruly children, the superintendents can blame it on the state's budget or Illinois discipline policies.

And for all that money they make, they aren't even subject to the voting public. They're hired by the school board! I think we should make district superintendent an elected position if they're going to make that much. And then they might actually do some work and listen to the people in their district.

At least teachers have to show up every day and are subject to evaluations. Not to mention most of them fear for their jobs constantly because all it takes is one false accusation or one instance of excess discipline for them to lose their jobs. And there isn't exactly a shortage of unemployed teachers just waiting to take your job.
gotcha

Carterville, IL

#13 Oct 29, 2013
Sorry, I meant to point out that those are the salaries of the superintendents of those districts.

Also, teachers are the ones fighting against the implementation of the state's Common Core Standard, which is going to make our kids even dumber. It's these spineless overpaid administrators who are ramming the Common Core down their teachers' throats and trying to whitewash it to the public.

I attended a meeting about Common Core earlier this year, and it was like watching a Russian propaganda film. The school principal just gushed about how great it was and presented a Power Point full of empty jargon that didn't answer any questions. Then he brought up 3 teachers who shilled for Common Core while all the rest of the teachers in the audience tried to speak up about how bad it was going to be. No matter what anyone said, the response was always, "Trust us; you'll see."
Alicia

Paoli, IN

#14 Oct 30, 2013
I am from West Frankfort, and I teach in Indiana now. We are paid based on how are students do on standardized tests and our effectiveness in the classroom. We are "graded" 4 times a year, and then wait for test results. I think it's fair, because I have to earn my wages. However, most people do not agree. It has turned around a lot of education systems over here. Illinois education is in shambles. They should take a look into what we are using.

http://www.riseindiana.org/
old coal miner

Royalton, IL

#16 Nov 3, 2013
Go to the Springfield journal register newspaper site and it has a salary base attachment. Anyone receiving a paycheck from Illinois can be checked for 2012.
dennis

Carbondale, IL

#17 Nov 4, 2013
you would think some of these high paid lazy bums would of went to the national honor society TONIGHT. this is the highest honor for a fchs student and AND THE PRINCIPAL WAS A NO SHOW WITH ALL OF HER CRONIES surprised GLODICH WASNT AT THE DOOR BEGGING FOR A DOLLAR. school board should be ashamed too. priorities are wrong for these over paid waste of space teachers what do they care about????
cartwheel

Herrin, IL

#18 Nov 5, 2013
I think MOST not all of our teachers deserve the pay they get BUT think the administration's pay is not deserved! They do not care about our kids and are just there for the money. I do not know the new principal at the high school but she definitely should have been at the awards. That shows me a lot about her not caring about the kids! Goins should have been there too. Worthless!! Why do we have an assistant principal at FIS? If Miller can't do her job get rid if her too! As far as I know there has never been an assistant at one of the grade schools! Can anyone explain why we have one now in such a poor district?
Red bird

Marion, IL

#19 Nov 20, 2013
Alicia wrote:
I am from West Frankfort, and I teach in Indiana now. We are paid based on how are students do on standardized tests and our effectiveness in the classroom. We are "graded" 4 times a year, and then wait for test results. I think it's fair, because I have to earn my wages. However, most people do not agree. It has turned around a lot of education systems over here. Illinois education is in shambles. They should take a look into what we are using.
http://www.riseindiana.org/
Amen! The days of sitting in a classroom and "preparing" lesson plans for your own self serving agendas is quickly coming to an end. Now it is fair and balanced. Watch the squirming begin. I guess for $80,000 plus it is time to take responsibility. Union protected the slugs and the workers stand by and let it happen. Those days are ending
curious

Carterville, IL

#20 Nov 20, 2013
Indiana teachers wages are based on student grades . The better the students grades are , means the teacher get their regular pay . Buy , if the students grades go down . well , so does the teachers salaries, that's the way it should be !!!!
Chandler

Marion, IL

#21 Nov 21, 2013
curious wrote:
Indiana teachers wages are based on student grades . The better the students grades are , means the teacher get their regular pay . Buy , if the students grades go down . well , so does the teachers salaries, that's the way it should be !!!!
Idiotic.
If that was the system, WF would lose all of the good teachers that they DO have. They would head to better paying jobs. The rich towns would get richer and Franklin county towns would just get poorer, and instead of teachers trying to prepare our kids for the workforce or college, they would be teaching toward the test.....and who could blame them?
lol

Tampa, FL

#22 Nov 21, 2013
Chandler wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiotic.
If that was the system, WF would lose all of the good teachers that they DO have. They would head to better paying jobs. The rich towns would get richer and Franklin county towns would just get poorer, and instead of teachers trying to prepare our kids for the workforce or college, they would be teaching toward the test.....and who could blame them?
Ummm....yeah.... Pretty sure teachers are suppose to teach well enough that a kid can pass a test. Your logic doesn't even make any sense.
curious

Tampa, FL

#23 Nov 21, 2013
Chandler wrote:
<quoted text>Idiotic.
If that was the system, WF would lose all of the good teachers that they DO have. They would head to better paying jobs. The rich towns would get richer and Franklin county towns would just get poorer, and instead of teachers trying to prepare our kids for the workforce or college, they would be teaching toward the test.....and who could blame them?
I'm pretty sure the teachers couldn't find a 80,000 plus job around here in southern ill , they are all taken , I know people that have graduated high school here , and went to SIU. And doesn't even know where to start . Some went to U of K in Kentucky , and said they was so lost on everything , while they had friends from Marion and Herrin. Had done just fine in the colleges . That has to say something for West Frankfort schools

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
roundup drug bust first weekend of June/ tell y... 28 min scared for our kids 11
Jojo Johnson 55 min Tasmanian devil 21
Joe from Extreme (Jul '14) 1 hr renegade 19
Rental Home Warning 4 hr lessonlearned 21
looking 4 hr WHOA 4
j.t. 8 hr Danny 6
Erin Watkins 15 hr Fed Ex Fan 19
More from around the web

Christopher People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]