United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

It's nice to know that some of the kids getting free food to take home on the weekends are wasting it. Every Friday some of the poor kids get a brown bag of snacks at school to take home to help make sure they get enough to eat over the weekend. I have no problem with that at all. The problem i have is when they get on the bus and open the bag and start throwing the snacks at other kids. Today it was raisins. They must not be too hungry. What are their parents teaching them? Is it ok to waste food if it's free? With that being said it's not just the poor kids misbehaving. Earlier this week a bus had to turn around and go back to school because of kids being wild. Third graders flipping people off. A junior high girl calling little kids idiots. Even my 9 year old could not believe how they were acting. Good behavior starts at home. You can't always be with them but if you teach them right they probably aren't going to act like that. It's not fair to other parents to worry about why their child is not home yet and why the bus is late. It is also dangerous for our kids to be riding on a bus where the driver is distracted by kids acting like that. Parents need to step up and teach their kids to be respectful.
Polka

Carterville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

angry parent wrote:
It's nice to know that some of the kids getting free food to take home on the weekends are wasting it. Every Friday some of the poor kids get a brown bag of snacks at school to take home to help make sure they get enough to eat over the weekend. I have no problem with that at all. The problem i have is when they get on the bus and open the bag and start throwing the snacks at other kids. Today it was raisins. They must not be too hungry. What are their parents teaching them? Is it ok to waste food if it's free? With that being said it's not just the poor kids misbehaving. Earlier this week a bus had to turn around and go back to school because of kids being wild. Third graders flipping people off. A junior high girl calling little kids idiots. Even my 9 year old could not believe how they were acting. Good behavior starts at home. You can't always be with them but if you teach them right they probably aren't going to act like that. It's not fair to other parents to worry about why their child is not home yet and why the bus is late. It is also dangerous for our kids to be riding on a bus where the driver is distracted by kids acting like that. Parents need to step up and teach their kids to be respectful.
A kid throwing food!!!!? Disgraceful! Next thing you know they will be posting shit on Topix. Kids suck. Parents do too. Cool story bro. You should tell it again.
angry parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Polka wrote:
<quoted text>
A kid throwing food!!!!? Disgraceful! Next thing you know they will be posting shit on Topix. Kids suck. Parents do too. Cool story bro. You should tell it again.
you are probably one of the loser parents. Missed the point completely. Should have known better than to post something serious. Im not a bro im a caring parent. You are the disgraceful one if you thinks its ok to show no respect or appreciation.
Polka

Carterville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

angry parent wrote:
<quoted text> Im not a bro im a caring parent.
Polka wrote:
Cool story bitch. You should tell it again.
There, I fixed that for ya ma'am. I hope that makes you happy. I get the feeling that you are angry a lot.
Polka

Carterville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Lighten up Francis.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/3829042/ligh...

LOL.
Sad

Fairfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Just proves my point that the trashy welfareites of Franklin County are teaching their children that they are entitled to these "free" handouts that we are paying for. Utterly disgusting.
wakeup

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

The "free food" is food that is going to be thrown away. They give it to children to have something to eat over the weekend because a lot of the "wonderful" parents of Benton are too busy wanting to go to the shithole bars to hook up with their next fling. Some kids go hungry all weekend. The shitbum parents are too busy being hungover or laying in bed with whomever they drug home from the shithole bar to realize their kids are hungry. So from years of watching this go on the schools have decided instead of throwing away food lets give it to these kids.
Polka

Carterville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

wakeup wrote:
The "free food" is food that is going to be thrown away. They give it to children to have something to eat over the weekend because a lot of the "wonderful" parents of Benton are too busy wanting to go to the shithole bars to hook up with their next fling. Some kids go hungry all weekend. The shitbum parents are too busy being hungover or laying in bed with whomever they drug home from the shithole bar to realize their kids are hungry. So from years of watching this go on the schools have decided instead of throwing away food lets give it to these kids.
The food is donated by churches. The school does not provide the food. You have no idea what situation the parents are in. You paint with a broad brush. Because a child wasted some raisins doesn't make the parents "shitbums" and it doesn't mean the kid is a ungrateful. All it means is a kid acted like a kid. If there is a problem on the bus report it to the school and not Topix. You people need to lighten up and STFU.
Polka

Carterville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Sad wrote:
Just proves my point that the trashy welfareites of Franklin County are teaching their children that they are entitled to these "free" handouts that we are paying for. Utterly disgusting.
It doesn't prove anything you moron. The program isn't funded with tax dollars. You didn't pay for anything so STFU. Besides how do you know this even happened? Do you actually believe what is posted on Topix? You have shitforbrains.
agree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Sad wrote:
You are right. I can't believe the attitudes on here. Lincolns Ghost goes to church and is supposed to be a christian but sounds like an arrogant jerk. How does he know you aren't a member of that church. Sounds like someone wants recognition for their good deeds. Polka is on the Amy Brown thread saying terrible things about Jesus and calling people names. Like anyone is going to value his opinion sounds like a little punk. I do not think anyone was painting with a broad brush. It was pointed out that children were misbehaving on the bus which is dangerous it distracts the driver. It was also pointed out that these were not the only ones misbehaving. It does not matter what position the parents are in they should teach their kids better. That is the problem today this kids will be kids attitude. By the way people do donate to the minesterial alliance who feed the kids in the summer. Is it ok for kids to misbehave to the point where the poor driver has to turn around and go back to the school? NO!!! It is the parents responsibility not the school. Why should the principle have to come on the bus to tell them to behave. "sad" you get. I wont post on here again. By the way Polka YOU stfu!

“Common sense isn't common”

Since: Dec 12

Sesser IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

agree wrote:
<quoted text> You are right. I can't believe the attitudes on here. Lincolns Ghost goes to church and is supposed to be a christian but sounds like an arrogant jerk. How does he know you aren't a member of that church. Sounds like someone wants recognition for their good deeds. Polka is on the Amy Brown thread saying terrible things about Jesus and calling people names. Like anyone is going to value his opinion sounds like a little punk. I do not think anyone was painting with a broad brush. It was pointed out that children were misbehaving on the bus which is dangerous it distracts the driver. It was also pointed out that these were not the only ones misbehaving. It does not matter what position the parents are in they should teach their kids better. That is the problem today this kids will be kids attitude. By the way people do donate to the minesterial alliance who feed the kids in the summer. Is it ok for kids to misbehave to the point where the poor driver has to turn around and go back to the school? NO!!! It is the parents responsibility not the school. Why should the principle have to come on the bus to tell them to behave. "sad" you get. I wont post on here again. By the way Polka YOU stfu!
If anyone sounds like an arrogant jerk, it was sad. Lincolns_Ghost pointed out quite correctly that no one's tax dollars were paying for anything and that kids are going to be kids and do things like throw a box of raisins, on occasion.
wrong

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

TRFisk wrote:
<quoted text>
If anyone sounds like an arrogant jerk, it was sad. Lincolns_Ghost pointed out quite correctly that no one's tax dollars were paying for anything and that kids are going to be kids and do things like throw a box of raisins, on occasion.
It doesnt matter who paid for it or who donated it thats not the point. It has been mentioned several times now that a bus had to turn around and go back to the school because kids were misbehaving on the bus. I guess it's ok because kids will be kids.
hmmm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Why does a town have roads in poorr condition buying two cop cars for over paid pilice for what crime? Wayne irvin ... well his daughter was married to a cop. and ive seen him and beverly hitting the fruit the same weekyou get yoyr electric bill. yea the machine was open and he sinply played the same five over n over. i know several that dont go there because of him me included. i bet the day elsies closes from the police harrasment that the cops will be gone leaven the legion the only gamw n town. There needs to be ab aduit of city legion and wayne hisself. i bout garuentee hes robbin city and legion but proof is lacking. 80 for water too? And his personal golf course up at city hall shouldnt there be something for the kids there? As for the over bearing police... harasing any passerdsby. is there a crime wave i dont know about cause i can solve any in orient i know nuff peeps there to do that. and the strrets are in bad bad shape perhaps the cops have worn them out gaurding the citizens they call it protection im sure but from what certainly not feom wayne irvins sticky fingers. who makes a very good living from your tax dollers and skimms off bonuses ... paperwork has to be dr up. someone please investigate he aint that smart to have dupped u all for years wo mistakes check his income verses expences yea u bought his stuff he thanks u im sure. get rid of the naxi cops harrassing the good people of orient i was pulled over and told because we were suspisious... harassment ... iz all it was. im emailing gov. to get some attentin and hopefully results from audits to city and legion. he wants elsies closec why else would the cops be there. wen it closes theyy will be gone and legion wil be boomin
Polka

Carterville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Society has now stooped so low as to start throwing raisins. Mankind is doomed. The end is near. Now is the time to head for your underground bunkers. Forget about the nuclear threat from North Korea, Terrorist bombers in Boston, Ricin attacks on the President and massacres at elementary schools. Forget that shit. Not one mention of it on Benton Topix. We want to know about really important stuff like wasted raisins and who is a slut. We need more raisin outrage!!! Lets ear your raisin horror stories!!! I'll bet Amy's raisins are sluts. Come on you worthless bunch of retards. Post more about how pissed you are a kid would waste raisins. We should waterboard the parents of this menace to society. Who's with me? You tards really make me laugh!
Polka

Carterville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

wrong wrote:
<quoted text> It doesnt matter who paid for it or who donated it thats not the point. It has been mentioned several times now that a bus had to turn around and go back to the school because kids were misbehaving on the bus. I guess it's ok because kids will be kids.
Lincolns_Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
It apparently mattered to sad, as he or she took pains to point it out, and was completely misinformed on the subject. I provided him/her with correct information on the subject, and nothing more, other than offering to provide further correct information on the subject.
It seems "wrong" thinks it's his business how you administer your Gum Drops program. I think it's your business how you do it. Your responses in this thread indicate to me that if you have anything to do with it, I am confident it is in capable hands. You provide a valuable and needed service. Thank you for your generosity and your time devoted to this. I must now exit this weirdness for other threads that discuss matters of great importance. The sluts of Benton. Hey, it's all we got.
Polka

Carterville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

I don't suppose anybody here has ever heard of Kim Jong-un? I didn't think so. Well, it was worth a shot. See ya.
Understandable

Marion, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Kids have been acting like that since the beginning of time. Giving out raisins on the bus, even if it was free, is actually done because of acceptance and being able to give away where normally they cant give. I dont think that is misbehaving, but they dont realize that those were given for only them so they would have something to eat, but lets not try to blow it out of proportion. If they get hungry later, they will learn not to do that. The bus has had to turn around many time because of kids misbehaving and kids have flipped off others many times. Your generation has done it and many before you have. I think you should monitor your own children, teach them right and not worry so much about other peoples kids. You cant control them anyways. When your children are adults, there's going to be alot worse they are going to have to deal with and the things you have mentioned are small in comparison.
SMH

Christopher, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Raisin really who like's raisin anyways.why get on here. Its christopher you prob know their parents go talk to them about it, if your that concerned! No kid is going to perfect all the time I dont care who's kid it is.
disagree

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

It doesnt matter if it is raisins or steak. Even 2 and 3 year olds in day care are not allowed to throw food. Kids are taught to behave from the time they are old enough to understand. Sit still in church share your toys dont hit dont through your food. My child also rides that bus and the kids throwing things werent 5 or 6 year olds. They were older than my 9 year old. Kids in 5th through 8th grade are old enough to know better. At what point are they expected to act civilized. High school? College? Never? I have a whole new respect for teachers. Not just for having to deal with what they do in the classroom but for having to deal with parents who dont teach their kids common courtesy then act like its ok for them to be this way. My kids are very well behaved. It is not ok to distract the driver and cause a dangerous situation. I guess when there is an accident we will just blame it on the bus driver.
Relax

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

disagree wrote:
It doesnt matter if it is raisins or steak. Even 2 and 3 year olds in day care are not allowed to throw food. Kids are taught to behave from the time they are old enough to understand. Sit still in church share your toys dont hit dont through your food. My child also rides that bus and the kids throwing things werent 5 or 6 year olds. They were older than my 9 year old. Kids in 5th through 8th grade are old enough to know better. At what point are they expected to act civilized. High school? College? Never? I have a whole new respect for teachers. Not just for having to deal with what they do in the classroom but for having to deal with parents who dont teach their kids common courtesy then act like its ok for them to be this way. My kids are very well behaved. It is not ok to distract the driver and cause a dangerous situation. I guess when there is an accident we will just blame it on the bus driver.
You stated the driver turned around. Sounds like the driver has a handle on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Christopher Discussions

Search the Christopher Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 35 min truth 1,876
Registration 1 hr Parent 2
coach with bad attitude 1 hr redbird 12
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Audit 3,853
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 1 hr fassdle 527
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 1 hr fassdle 6,591
skanklin county retards 1 hr Tyler 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Christopher Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Christopher People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE