Common sense

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Jan 13, 2014
Is 12years not long enough to make some progress.
Boxer

Saint Louis, MO

#22 Jan 13, 2014
In this county it has been 70 years. Give up a little bit more time.
Stupid Should Hurt

United States

#23 Jan 14, 2014
Common sense wrote:
Is 12years not long enough to make some progress.
Classes in government finance should be mandatory in our high schools.

Like your mortgage, most constructions and other capital projects are financed by borrowing for X number of years-- let's say 20 years. Since Illinois has not defaulted on its bond payments, progress HAS been made. Illinois is also REQUIRED to balance its budget, and a huge part of its budget is for things like school aid payments, Medicaid payments, etc.. Furthermore, Illinois was affected by the Great Recession of 2008-2009, just like everyone else, causing it to lose revenue (income), while at the same time increasing its cost of delivering mandated services. Throw in the pension crisis-- something BOTH parties have ignored-- and it's hard to see how our state could be in much better financial shape than it is.

I'm an Independent, and to lay blame for the state's problems on one party is simply ridiculous, but it's what's to be expected from he typical low-information, Fox News-watching, southern Illinois voter.
Boxer

Saint Louis, MO

#24 Jan 14, 2014
He let the cat out. A fox watcher. This guy needs help. Do we really believe he is an independent. No. His research leaves a little bit to be desired.
Cowboy

Benton, IL

#25 Jan 14, 2014
TRFisk wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn how to read! My link refers to the control of the STATE House of Representatives and the STATE Senate, and Democrats have NOT controlled both houses of the Legislature since 1976, as the link clearly shows. As far as 'a couple of Republican governors', James R. Thompson (1976-1990), Jim Edgar (1990-1998) and George Ryan (1998-2002) makes 26 CONSECUTIVE YEARS of Republican governors.
Read My lips. A governor is a lame duck if he doesn't have the house and senate backing!

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#26 Jan 14, 2014
There IS a very simple and easy way to fix deadbeats living off the state......DRUG TEST.
Smokey

Saint Louis, MO

#27 Jan 14, 2014
In response to stupid. You can not blame both parties in this county.
Ralph

Benton, IL

#28 Jan 14, 2014
Smokey wrote:
Correct, just the dimmercrat party for buying votes with freebees, creating high taxes, and passing NAFTA letting many or our good paying jobs went overseas.
Now do you want to talk about Obummers national debt, and Obummercare?
Johnny McCain

Carterville, IL

#29 Jan 14, 2014
Smokey wrote:
True. The Republicans have always failed to get a candidate on the ballot. The Franklin County Republican Party is the biggest boatload of fail in history. If you can't figure out how to get on the ballot, you can't figure out solutions to our problems.
Benjamin Tunn

Du Quoin, IL

#30 Jan 14, 2014
Hahaha these people think the government and politicians actually care what we think. They want your vote and they get it by promising the good 'ol days or a better tomorrow, depending on your party of choice, but the kicker is, nothing is going to change for the better. We're too divided and that's what they want. It doesn't matter which politician is in which office. They. Don't. Care. Convince me they care about you. Do it. I'll check back.

“Common sense isn't common”

Since: Dec 12

Sesser IL

#31 Jan 15, 2014
Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text> Read My lips. A governor is a lame duck if he doesn't have the house and senate backing!
Actually, a 'lame duck' is a governor or president who is in his/her last term. If you were half a smart as you think you are, there might be some point in continuing to argue with you, but you aren't and I won't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lame_duck_%28pol...
Smokey

Saint Louis, MO

#32 Jan 15, 2014
Stupid may be the smartest player ever to dawn a uniform.
Cowboy

Benton, IL

#33 Jan 15, 2014
TRFisk wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, a 'lame duck' is a governor or president who is in his/her last term. If you were half a smart as you think you are, there might be some point in continuing to argue with you, but you aren't and I won't.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lame_duck_%28pol...
Yep same as Obama is basically a lame duck president right now in this election year. The dummercrats is scared to work with Obummer, because he has made the dummercrat party look foolish enough already, with all his failed policies and Obummer is to ignorant to listen to the republicans.
PS. TRFisk= Frank B. Yes I know you and why you back the dummercrat party. On SS Disability before the age of 40 because of a bad back. How many thousands of miles did you put on your Harley last year. That must of been hard on your back also.
Benton

West Frankfort, IL

#34 Jan 16, 2014
I know people that are on disable and work every day.I even went back doing the job he said he could,t do any more and yes give a drug test.
Smokey

Saint Louis, MO

#35 Jan 16, 2014
Keep voting democratic.
Cowboy

Benton, IL

#36 Jan 16, 2014
Smokey wrote:
Keep voting democratic.
Don't you mean dummercrat?
jerkoff

Carmi, IL

#37 Jan 16, 2014
You folks are arguing the left-right paradigm... The truth is, both parties are bought and paid for by the same corporate entities. Democrat? Republican? Its two sides of the same coin. they're both equally bad.
Cowboy

Benton, IL

#38 Jan 17, 2014
jerkoff wrote:
You folks are arguing the left-right paradigm... The truth is, both parties are bought and paid for by the same corporate entities. Democrat? Republican? Its two sides of the same coin. they're both equally bad.
I agree the democrats is robbing the bank, and the republicans is driving the get away car. Now the voters must choose what crime is worse? The political party that is actually going into the bank and holding the tax payers hostage for the loot, or the get away driver.
Personally I feel the party going into the bank is worse, the sad part is the democrats is not picking on banks anymore they are robbing Fort Knox. Just look at our national debt, at least the republicans is feeling some guilt. While the demns can't grab enough tax payer loot to make them happy.
Personally I would like to see the voters start supporting a third political party, and bust up the two party organized crime political syndicate we have now
Just saying

Herrin, IL

#39 Jan 17, 2014
There will be a time when everyone who decided to live on the system will wake up to a whole new world…where you work to eat. Might be interesting since they have never taken the time to learn anything useful.
Smokey

Arnold, MO

#40 Jan 18, 2014
How are members of the GOP to blame in this county and the state and the last 5years of the country?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
milf 27 min Sasha 7
Surrounded by drug addicts 2 hr Clueless 1
PNB, Bill Bonan II and the fraud and racketeeri... 4 hr Idiot 12
Biker wanna be 8 hr His admirer 9
Midget in town Thu for real 7
Not a alright guy Thu for real 4
Kimmy I May 24 ash 21

Christopher Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance