morthland college grant??????????????...

morthland college grant??????????????????????????

Posted in the Christopher Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
eddie

Carterville, IL

#1 Nov 15, 2012
why did the city council do this what a joke. they could have gave it to the park dist which brings in more money than morthland college will ever bring in...real waste of grant money...
Tormentor

Herrin, IL

#2 Nov 15, 2012
eddie wrote:
"they could have gave it to the park dist"
This is why we need more edcation in West Frankfort.
mkay

Paducah, KY

#3 Nov 15, 2012
This whole Morthland college thing pisses me off. It's not the first time the city has made a foolish decision involving grants/loans and it won't be the last.
educator

Johnston City, IL

#4 Nov 15, 2012
It is my understanding that this college is not accredited. Is this true? And did not tell the students or family about it? If so that is NOT GOOD!!
letmeguess

Marion, IL

#5 Dec 1, 2012
educator wrote:
It is my understanding that this college is not accredited. Is this true? And did not tell the students or family about it? If so that is NOT GOOD!!
I think you need to do your homework educator.
I am not a fan of the college .But I do respect Dr.Morthland for his efforts in trying to do something positive for our area.
He could have done this anywhere,he could have practiced medicine anywhere ,but yet he chose to stay in this area for the people of our poor struggling area.
He is truly a man that loves West Frankfort ,it's people and God.
Wonder what all these bashers have contributed to society lately?
educator

Marion, IL

#6 Dec 1, 2012
letmeguess wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you need to do your homework educator.
I am not a fan of the college .But I do respect Dr.Morthland for his efforts in trying to do something positive for our area.
He could have done this anywhere,he could have practiced medicine anywhere ,but yet he chose to stay in this area for the people of our poor struggling area.
He is truly a man that loves West Frankfort ,it's people and God.
Wonder what all these bashers have contributed to society lately?
I think you need to do your homework. The college is NOT accredited. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Morthland and am glad he is trying to do something good for our area BUT facts are facts. Students were not told about the accreditation issues and I know students and their families are not happy. Please show proof that they are accredited and accept my apology.
student at morthland

Marion, IL

#7 Dec 1, 2012
No the college is not accreitted yet, but it will be in the next year. The college is bringing a lot to frankfort and many of you may not like it then simply don't go. I am getting a great education and can get the same degree i could get at John A or SIU. Besides me getting the same degree, i am learning a lot more. The staff at morthland is very serious with the criteria and other students that have attented Murry, SLU, and SIU have said that morthland is more serious than any other college. The least you could do is be happy for the town of west frankfort?? unless you enjoy skummy, drug addicts, and girls getting pregnant at junior high level. At least we are getting an education
AuburnBlue

De Soto, IL

#8 Dec 1, 2012
I smell BS.
Just Wondering

Marion, IL

#9 Dec 2, 2012
Tormentor wrote:
<quoted text>This is why we need more edcation in West Frankfort.
great statement: How do you spell education? You say we need more education on a post that is slamming a college.
Fart letter

De Soto, IL

#10 Dec 2, 2012
student at morthland wrote:
No the college is not accreitted yet, but it will be in the next year. The college is bringing a lot to frankfort and many of you may not like it then simply don't go. I am getting a great education and can get the same degree i could get at John A or SIU. Besides me getting the same degree, i am learning a lot more. The staff at morthland is very serious with the criteria and other students that have attented Murry, SLU, and SIU have said that morthland is more serious than any other college. The least you could do is be happy for the town of west frankfort?? unless you enjoy skummy, drug addicts, and girls getting pregnant at junior high level. At least we are getting an education
You sure are a bad speller for a college student. Maybe you need to back up a few grade levels.
student at morthland

Benton, IL

#11 Dec 2, 2012
Okay. You win. I'll put my word in for Dr. Morthlnd to shut it down because none of you approve. And since i don't have correct spelling i guess i will drop out and get a link card so you can pay for my ass... Thanks for the groceries =]
Fart letter

De Soto, IL

#12 Dec 3, 2012
Good plan, go for it.
Amen

Enfield, IL

#13 Dec 3, 2012
I just had to say love love love to "student at Morthland". Great response to all the idiots on here!
mike

Herrin, IL

#14 Dec 3, 2012
city council fleeced us again...grant money what a joke...
student at morthland

De Soto, IL

#15 Dec 3, 2012
Well,what do you want young generation to do? You bitch if we are lazy and don't go to college and you still bitch if we go to college. Why dont you bitch about why its Decmeber and its 65 degrees outside.
Anonymous

Harrisburg, IL

#16 Dec 3, 2012
I saw a basketball roster for Morthland that said two of the players were from "West Frankfurt". You'd think they would know how to spell the name of the town they're in.
Tax Payer

Enfield, IL

#17 Dec 23, 2012
I know the athletic director was looking for housing for athletes I wonder where they will put them. Sorry but I don't want a bunch of college kids living next door to me.
Sisportsdad

Mount Vernon, IL

#18 May 11, 2014
My son went to mid continent university which is closing June 30th. It was a joke. Good school bad people running it so don't be so quick to judge Morthland they have some good people backing this school and all of them have a lot of money. Bill Bonen of people's national bank gives a $5,000.00 scholarship for each student entering the school for business if they meet the requirements. Remember Rendlake college started as Mt Vernon community college and look at it now! For the people of west Frankfort this can be a positive thing for there community. Mt vernon the mistake they were offered the SIU college or the appellete court house. They took the later wow what a mistake! It brought in 6 jobs!
Sisportsdad

Mount Vernon, IL

#19 May 11, 2014
eddie wrote:
why did the city council do this what a joke. they could have gave it to the park dist which brings in more money than morthland college will ever bring in...real waste of grant money...
do you really thing a park district bring in people they cost the tax payers money sir you don't have a clue.
God fearing person

Lockwood, MO

#20 May 11, 2014
SIU enrollment is down, rend lake enrollment is down so why not start another place to let the tax payers support. Are those not very good places to get an education ? We pay for rend lake on our property taxes already . Don't forget john a Logan another 15 min drive , all very good schools. The city council is doing there best to improve west Frankfort and I won't happen over night. The southern part of our state has been drained by blood sucking Chicago . If the people in our town and county don't work together we will continue to spiral down as we will continue getting the families of the big muddy prison inmates as our population. So don't sit on your asses and complain when all you have to do is get involved in what goes on around you. It's so easy to pick someone apart from behind closed doors. Get involved with your schools and your children, give them the support they need to have successful lives. That's what will make the changes in our communities . It took years to get in the shape we are in now, step up and help fix it and maybe one day you can sit back saying ( I helped save my home town)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1% ers 25 min captain 214
grade school teachers getting fired 48 min Just curious 282
Old people trying to be young 1 hr Pumpkin 13
Tara Fasol - Rt 149 1 hr in my opinion 23
Beware Pot smokers 2 hr Just a thought 37
Jimmy hester 2 hr rooster 20
fat an who live at the,corner of Bush and Linco... 3 hr Darryl Mullenix 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Christopher Mortgages