First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wal mart

United States

#1 Sep 21, 2013
How long does it take them to call you for a job after you've taken your drug test? I've been waiting two weeks and haven't heard from them.

“Never let your fear”

Since: Apr 11

decide your fate

#2 Sep 21, 2013
I have no idea, have you called them to ask?
Jelleybean

Columbia, IL

#3 Sep 21, 2013
they would have never sent you for the drug test if they weren't going to hire you....contact them again, there must be a misunderstanding.
Trent

Marion, IL

#4 Sep 21, 2013
Jelleybean wrote:
they would have never sent you for the drug test if they weren't going to hire you....contact them again, there must be a misunderstanding.
Unless they failed the drug test.
why

United States

#5 Sep 21, 2013
Worst mistake trying to work for them... I've worked here ten years and worry everyday if I'm going to loose my job
Wal mart

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Sep 21, 2013
I shouldn't have failed it. They surely would call and let me know something.
worker

Christopher, IL

#7 Sep 22, 2013
Just because you took a drug test doesn't mean they will hire you. Walmart has put numerous people thru the whole hiring process drug test and all and then went as far as hiring them and then letting them go before they even work a full day. You cannot count on them. Also like (why) said. you work there for years and can't count on your job. People have worked there for up to 20 yrs and longer and have been let go. Not the best place to work. Also hope you don't want full time. That is something they do not want to give. Also are not family friendly like they try to say.
Wal mart

United States

#8 Sep 22, 2013
They said as soon as my drug test results and back ground check came back I'd start orientation. If they had a problem wouldn't they at least call and let me know? I would hope they would. I know they sent a bunch of us to get tested.
Worker 2

Herrin, IL

#9 Sep 23, 2013
Right now they have laid off all of the temporary employees during the day and cut everyone elses hours, I would say that is why you havent heard from them yet...they are prob hiring you for the holidays. Hours should pick up in Oct, I would def touch base with them. Did you apply for days or overnights? Overnights are the only ones that are still regular.
worker

Christopher, IL

#10 Sep 23, 2013
I know that it doesn't matter if holiday or not. If they are not showing a certain amount of profit they will not hire even the temporary holiday employees. Management wants their bonus and they won't get it unless they show a certain profit. Like I said. They have put numerous people thru the entire process. Went thru and hired them. Was at holiday time. Then let them go. They didn't even get a chance to work. They might of worked a day or two. One woman was actually crying because she needed money. Thought she had a job. But then didn't. I would call like worker 2 suggested. But wouldn't count on them. If you get another job offer somewhere else take it. Walmart is always cutting hours big time and you will probably only get part time.
mork from ork

Johnston City, IL

#11 Sep 23, 2013
Why in the hell would you want to work at such a horrendous awful place to start with. I worked there for 6 years. Management doesn't appreciate you, the workers are a gossip spreading rumor invested sewage dump and don't even get me started on the way customers treat the Wal-Mart employees. In my 44 years of working since I was 14 years old I have never EVER worked for a worse employer than walmart. No wonder they wont let Union in, hell its enough to make a grown adult hate their life.
Jelleybean

Columbia, IL

#12 Sep 23, 2013
If they sent you for a drug test they had every intention of hiring you. Walmart is NOT a bad place to work. And to you Mork from Ork does your new job appreciate you and is there less gossip?
Worker 2

Herrin, IL

#13 Sep 24, 2013
Worker I agree with you about the profit, heck our manager took a weeks vacation the week that everyone got their hours cut...nice huh? He wants his big bonus, but who gives a shit about the under-paid workers. I am looking for another job, but not having any luck, the hours are putting a damper on my home life and they expect you to bust your ass for barely over min wage...and I work overnights so I get a differential. I go to work do all I can and go home. Hopefully something will come along, anything would be better!!
worker

Christopher, IL

#14 Sep 25, 2013
Worker 2. I hope you get out of there. I know it is hard to find a decent job but keep trying. I worked there for yrs and I know how they do it. They do not care for there workers at all. And yes people there are problems no matter where you work. Just ask people who have worked there over 25 yrs how it has changed and how they are treated now.
my two sense

Herrin, IL

#15 Sep 25, 2013
I know a girl that worked there for years. She has a disability but not one that hinders her job performance They just let her go and told her that she could hire on as new employee. What is up with that?? Yeah a good place to work. Whatever!!!
worker

Christopher, IL

#17 Sep 26, 2013
My two sense. They let her go so that they don't have to pay her as much. Also depending how long she has worked there it cuts her benefits. And if she was full time they will hire her back as part time at their minimum wage. They have fired a few people that I know that have worked there for yrs only to rehire them without their benefits and at a much lower pay. They have to start all over again. Not right.
my two sense

Herrin, IL

#18 Sep 27, 2013
Worker. That is what I thought or something to that effect. This girl worked there for over ten years I know. She was very dependable and a hard worker. Thanks for the info. There is no job security any more and an employee just isn't respected at all. If you aren't there someone else will be is their motto.
no spin zone

Herrin, IL

#19 Sep 27, 2013
Yeah just no job security anymore.
Sheep

United States

#20 Oct 10, 2013
You are all fools if you believe your friends were really just let go for nothing. And if you're saying you were let go for no reason, and you weren't temp, you are a liar. I've been employed by walmart for 8yrs, some of which was spent in Benton and NEVER have I seen anyone "let go" unless they were hired as temps. There is a reason they were terminated. Job performance, attendance, integrity, there has to be a reason. And for a fun fact, when management gets their bonus, so do associates. And when you associates aren't getting a bonus, neither are management. Make sense? And fun fact number 2, the Benton walmart does not make the decisions when to hire, what or if they are hiring temp, part time, or full time. They also don't decide how many hours you get. They are given a set total hours allowance from home office and divide it up in a way that covers the store. The only power they have is who they select for the positions. The management in that store is a great bunch of people with the exception of 1 or 2.

I'm so sick of reading peoples walmart bashing about how underpaid people are. It's a basic job that requires little skill to complete. Minimal skill=minimum wage. If you want better for yourself, work hard (don't just say you work hard) and move up. That's what I did and I'm sitting comfortably at $19 an hour working for the walmart company an have a piece of cake job.

So don't let these lying sheep fool you guys. Go apply at walmart and work your ass off. It will pay off.
Sheep

United States

#21 Oct 10, 2013
my two sense wrote:
I know a girl that worked there for years. She has a disability but not one that hinders her job performance They just let her go and told her that she could hire on as new employee. What is up with that?? Yeah a good place to work. Whatever!!!
have you ever heard of the telephone game? This is a classic case of that. I can assure you that she was not just let go to be rehired. She had to have broken policy at least 4 times to have been terminated. Most common is attendance (which is insane as you can miss 21 days in a 6 month span of time or be late for work 21 times in 6 months before you're terminated. Since she wasn't fired for gross misconduct she was informed that will be eligible for rehire in 30 days. But by the time it got to you and it sat in your brain for a year prior to this topic, it got turned to this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stacy P. In Jail 25 min Wondering 5
New owners of Miranda's?! 1 hr awful 23
2000.00 1 hr iknow 43
Alecia kay dunbar (Apr '15) 3 hr DERP 37
derek manning (Mar '14) 8 hr Chicken Scraps 18
Thomas & Erin Wright? (Nov '14) 12 hr Beenthere 26
Kim I 13 hr Hahaha 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Christopher Mortgages