First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dirty Hurst

Murphysboro, IL

#1 Mar 28, 2013
I have lived in Hurst all my life and I swear it has become nothing but a dumping ground. Back in the day people cleaned their yards now there is trash everywhere, mattresses and furniture in people's yards. People throw trash right out of their cars on the roads and ditches. It is just a shame. I use to be proud of this town. The roads are awful, they were suppose to be better after the new sewer lines were installed. Come on people of Hurst CLEAN UP YOUR YARDS!!! There is no reason our town has to look like this.
horse pecker

Carbondale, IL

#2 Mar 28, 2013
change is coming
TKG86

United States

#3 Mar 30, 2013
I agree with you on this issue every weekend I have to pick up beer bottles and cans that some idiot throws in my ditch every week. I understand you like to drink your Budweiser but my ditch is not a trash can! Have some respect to others property & not treat it as your own. As for the roads I agree, we get a significant amount of rain and the potholes appear again, you can only waste gravel so much!
Stars and Bars

Murphysboro, IL

#4 Mar 30, 2013
You have people who dont keep their dogs on a chain when they know they go after people and throw mattresses and box springs in their yard. Yet when you tell the owner about their dog or dogs they get bitchy and when you tell the city cops about them going after you or your grandkids they dont do a flippin thing about it. Yet they are worried about sleepin with the meth heads and helping them out. A certain councilman is like that not going to mention any names.*cough* JR. He runs around doing whatever he wants saying whatever he wants and everyone looks the other way. He was caught stealing gas from the Fire Department and he is still on the city council.
hurst resident

Herrin, IL

#5 Mar 30, 2013
before you can clean up trash in yards,need to get the trash out of city goverment this town and its officals are a joke!!
Anonymous

United States

#6 Mar 30, 2013
Here we go again lets here some more bitchn...got a council meeting and express these complaints...bitchin pn here will get nothing done
TKG86

Sesser, IL

#8 Mar 30, 2013
Like guru said if you have that big of a complaint and might have some ideas on how to make the town a little better go to a council meeting 2nd Monday of the month @ 6pm. Those folks would like to hear ideas from community members on how they can improve our small town. Complaining on this joke of a web forum isn't going to get you no where. Also, if you feel you can do a better job than our community leaders next election whether for mayor or council board member put your name on the ballot.
big easy

Murphysboro, IL

#9 Mar 31, 2013
well, looks like the pieces of shit in hurst is at it again
jenny

United States

#10 Apr 1, 2013
This could be beautiful town
james

Carbondale, IL

#11 Apr 2, 2013
to stars snd bars if you have a problem or have sumthing to say dont hide behind a fake name like a little punk and i wasnt kicked off i resighned for your info but like i said use your real name and to hurst resident if you have sumthing to complain about please come to a city council meeting and say what you have to say instead of puting it on topics
Stars and Bars

Murphysboro, IL

#12 Apr 4, 2013
yeah yeah whatever "james"
fukital

Murphysboro, IL

#13 Apr 4, 2013
Hurst is horrible. When my kids don't want any of their friends to come over because of how our neighborhood and neighbors are is pretty pathetic. And these so called "council meetings" are a freaking joke! This town is not going change until all the " good ole boy" bullshit is eliminated. AND WE ALL KNOW THAT ANIT GONNA HAPPEN. Everybody plays favorites. Everybody and bitch and moan about this and that.....its a waste of time. I say we all move out of this nasty town, and leave everybody else to their own demise. Because it will eventually happen. A town less than 300 people in it with 3 nasty bars in with a children's park RIGHT SMACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THEM ALL! PERFECT! How classy is that? Not to mention all the drugs and knob slobbering going on. Is this a town you want your kids growing up in? Oh I forgot, most parents in this town don't give a damn about their kids. Its sad. Really sad.
Stars and Bars

Murphysboro, IL

#14 Apr 4, 2013
My family has been in this town for generations. It use to be a good town, but now? What is sad a lot of the council members are the same way. I wonder what their family members would say about what they are doing to this town. I know mine are rolling over in their grave. James what would your Aunt Emma think about what you are doing to this town?
james

Carbondale, IL

#15 Apr 4, 2013
first of all you p.o.s it would be my grandma and she would be proud that her grandson represents the city of hurst and volunteers his time on hcap and also works a fulltime job and supports 2 kids and im sure your family is proud of you that you get on a website to bash people instead of saying sumthing to there face instead of hideing your name you must not work and you are one of those people is the reason my taxes went up cause you dont work so i must be supporting you to
Letting you know

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Apr 4, 2013
You go James most these punks are just talkin about them selfs and tryin to make them selfs look good when it just shows how stupid they really are
TKG86

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Apr 5, 2013
My great-great grandfather founded this town and it had gone down hill like many of the once thriving towns in southern Illinois. Would I have liked to seen this town when it was absolutely thriving, yes, but unfortunately when the coal mine shutdown, the train yard closed, schools consolidated, and businesses left our small town became a has been. Instead of talking about how disappointed you are about our council board, our emergency services, & our neighborhoods find out on how we can improve relations amongst other things in our town. We can make this small town a beautiful community, but all the belly aching has to stop before we can make progress.
Stars and Bars

Murphysboro, IL

#18 Apr 5, 2013
Yeah I bet she would. I knew your grandma. I doubt she would be happy about what you have been doing.
My grandfather was on the council for years. He brought housing to hurst the park and other things. What have you done besides stealing gas from the fire department. It's funny how things where better back then when people who actually cared about the town ran it instead of people who have their own agenda's. What is really said is that you are related to the people who where on it and cared. What the heck happened to you?
easy

Murphysboro, IL

#19 Apr 5, 2013
For the person who put their flyer on my door today I know you family, I know what you did and I would not vote for you for anything. P.S. I am glad I was at work because if my car was home and somebody in your family was with you my gas may have been stolen.
easy

Murphysboro, IL

#20 Apr 5, 2013
Stars and Bars you rock! By the way how can I get my yard mowed and cleaned up by city employees like some council members kin does. Do I have to be doped up to get it done? Just asking.
james

Carbondale, IL

#21 Apr 5, 2013
to stars and bars just letting you no im getting real close to finding out who you are and i do no you live on bush ave or on seba st. im getting close

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heroin drug raid coming 19 min You a snitch 5
Haulin Azz 37 min Haha 56
Sesser mayor race 1 hr lifelongresident 2
News Marion man files suit against sheriff, employee... (Dec '07) 2 hr soldier 37
Men 5 hr Yes 6
NURU massage (Jul '14) 5 hr EnterSlowly 5
Dale Allen 7 hr sesserite 2

Christopher Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Christopher Mortgages