First Prev
of 2
Next Last
puzzled

Paducah, KY

#1 Apr 12, 2011
I was at the jr high on monday to pick up my son. Two boys his age got in a fight beside the school. That sometimes happens and I know that. The teachers broke it up. But the part that bothers me is that several 8th grade boys were there encorauging them to fight. I dont think that is right. They are older and they are also some of the 'leaders' of that age group, but they were cheering them on to fight. They were smiling and thought it was funny. They should be punished to.
Momma T

Valdosta, GA

#2 Apr 12, 2011
I was there waiting on my daughter when that happened and thought the same thing. Also, about a month ago a couple boys were beating on another boy in the MIDDLE OF THE STREET, I got out of the car to break it up and the little bullies ran. Pitiful!!!!

Since: Mar 11

Marion, IL

#3 Apr 12, 2011
Yes, they should. I read that this is happening all over and not just with school kids. They do what they see. Makes me happy that I don't have any more kids to go to school and sad for the ones that do have kids in school and those that are getting ready to start.
WFT

Eddyville, IL

#4 Apr 13, 2011
Read the Daily American or The Southern, or watch WSIL. Adults do the SAME thing in West Frankfort :(
Redbird Redbird

Marion, IL

#5 Apr 13, 2011
WFT wrote:
Read the Daily American or The Southern, or watch WSIL. Adults do the SAME thing in West Frankfort :(
Your correct, it does happen with adults as well as high school kids here in West Frankfort quite frequently, however nothing is ever done to stop it or no one gets the correct punishment and therefore it continues to happen....Its a shame.
Bob El Head

Valdosta, GA

#6 Apr 14, 2011
You only hear about the bad actions, never the good.
marion wildcats rule

Christopher, IL

#7 Apr 14, 2011
thats cause theres nuthing good about westfrankforts school system
get real

Paducah, KY

#8 Apr 16, 2011
Does it surprise you that the spectators were not disciplined?
WFParent

Whitestone, NY

#9 Apr 16, 2011
I know it's bad when you see kids fighting, especially if your kid is the one getting beat up. But fighting is a part of life, and kids will watch them and cheer for them. It doesn't make it right, but it's reality. I can't think of a signle male that I know, that from one time or another hasn't got in a fight.
what it is

United States

#10 Apr 17, 2011
@WFParent I can think of several males who haven't been in a fight. It is NOT AN ACCEPTABLE part of life! The school system is surely flawed when dealing with bullies in this district. I have known several kids who have been bullied and perhaps they did have to fight back to defend themselves. Kids that are jr high or high school age don't usually report it because the torment will get even worse for them for being a "narc".In this district if it's reported the bullied child is offered counseling which means they are pulled out of class to talk to someone..this makes them feel like they are the one who has the problem and not the bully. It is very sad our kids have to go thru this and there is more than you realize that deal with it on a daily basis.
WF resident

O Fallon, MO

#11 Aug 17, 2011
Theres a difference in self defense amd startin a fight what makes me the maddest is when the kid defending his or her self gets in trouble to thats not right and wf school System SUCKS they do nothing to help these students in that kind of case
you got it

Des Moines, IA

#12 Aug 18, 2011
WF resident wrote:
Theres a difference in self defense amd startin a fight what makes me the maddest is when the kid defending his or her self gets in trouble to thats not right and wf school System SUCKS they do nothing to help these students in that kind of case
You're right. That sucks. So does what JC schools are doing now. INSTEAD of punishing the bullies, they are teaching the kids being bullied Tae kwon do so they can defend themselves. HOW STUPID IS THAT????? And as you said about the kids defending themselves getting into trouble,,,, JC seems to be encouraging them TO defend themselves so they can disipline them. OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!

If the kids are known bullies, THEY should be kicked out of school. No wonder these kids are going to school with knives and guns.
laugh

United States

#13 Aug 19, 2011
If you made your kids a lil tuff pre jr high maybe you wouldn't have this problem
you got it

Des Moines, IA

#14 Aug 19, 2011
laugh wrote:
If you made your kids a lil tuff pre jr high maybe you wouldn't have this problem
My son started getting bullied in Kindergarten for Christ's sake. What was I suppose to do, start beating and belittling him as a toddler to make HIM a bully.

Bullying usually starts in the lower grades and as they keep getting away with it, it escalates to kids finially getting their fill, toughening up as you say, and you get what happened at Columbine and Kentucky.

You were probably a bully in school, so YOU know, it doesn't matter whether the ones getting bullied stand up for themselves or not... unless the one being bullied beats the living shit out of the bully, the bullies just keep at them. They NEVER stop.

Been there seen that for 12 years with my son. Finally stopped when he had had enough and put one of the bullies in the hospital!

Stupid, stupid, stupid...
dsfu

Sesser, IL

#15 Aug 20, 2011
you got it wrote:
<quoted text>
My son started getting bullied in Kindergarten for Christ's sake. What was I suppose to do, start beating and belittling him as a toddler to make HIM a bully.
Bullying usually starts in the lower grades and as they keep getting away with it, it escalates to kids finially getting their fill, toughening up as you say, and you get what happened at Columbine and Kentucky.
You were probably a bully in school, so YOU know, it doesn't matter whether the ones getting bullied stand up for themselves or not... unless the one being bullied beats the living shit out of the bully, the bullies just keep at them. They NEVER stop.
Been there seen that for 12 years with my son. Finally stopped when he had had enough and put one of the bullies in the hospital!
Stupid, stupid, stupid...
You do not have to beat and belittle a child to teach them to stand up for themself! Teach them to not start a fight but if one IS started with them to take care of it. If they get in trouble at school it just shows that common sence is not being used by those in charge! Our school system has gone to shit and does not let children think for themselves so when they, like your son have finally had enough all the years of bullying come out in TOO much violence.Bet no one bullies your son anymore! I never like to see THAT much violence but that is what happens when you can't take it anymore. Bullies usually have low self esteem and if they realize they cannot bully someone they leave them alone!
who cares

Carterville, IL

#16 Mar 11, 2012
yes i go to that school and there r alot of kids starting fights
Person

Herrin, IL

#18 Mar 18, 2012
If you keep your kids in the government schools, this is the crap you're going to have to put up with. The government schools do not care about your kids. Get that through your head. Get them OUT of there. It's worth the extra money.
Chillin

Herrin, IL

#19 Mar 18, 2012
I say we close all school and home school are kids
silly willy

Herrin, IL

#20 Mar 18, 2012
And you...Chillin would have honor roll kids."home school ARE kids" Might be best to leave the skoolin to them there teechers.
Person

Herrin, IL

#21 Apr 19, 2012
That was done on purpose, and most likely by an incompetent teacher afraid of being exposed as incompetent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug house 35 min Hmmmmm 9
Blake Wink (Feb '13) 1 hr Birdy 44
Christopher fire department Thu Sam 22
Kaitlin Staley Thu Larry 3
Troll in benton. Look out Wed Mrsjeffmason 7
Jeremy conner Dec 7 Bert 2
Does anyone know who the \MAD JACKER IS? (Mar '11) Dec 6 Nasty 11

Christopher Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance