First Prev
of 4
Next Last
mike

Herrin, IL

#1 Nov 28, 2012
well i guess we are in for another loser season like football. clean house.............
xxxxx

United States

#2 Nov 28, 2012
Clean House???? It's easy to root for your team if they are always winning. They really need our support when they are not winning. Lets take a lesson from Cub Fans and root for our REDBIRDS no matter what. No disrespect to Cub Fans!

Mike Patton
one who defiantly knows

Pocahontas, IL

#3 Nov 28, 2012
God forbid we dont want to be like Cub fans. What we need is for our children to get a Coach that can Coach. ONe that respect the children not run them away from the game they love. He has ran the entire Junior Class out of Basketball. Speaks well for his abilities.
Jane

Saint Joseph, IL

#4 Nov 28, 2012
Way to be a stick in the mud...These kids are in high school, not the NBA, so what if they don't win every game? And there's always people that gotta bash a coach in some sport in this town..How annoying. Let the kids have fun in a sport they love, and leave all the trash talk out of it. Go Birds!! Boo Haters!!!
reap what you sowe

Marion, IL

#5 Nov 30, 2012
Got rid of Coach Toney... most respected coach in prolly all of southern illinois about ends and outs.. The problem is on the school board and administration.
rumor

Marion, IL

#6 Dec 1, 2012
reap what you sowe wrote:
Got rid of Coach Toney... most respected coach in prolly all of southern illinois about ends and outs.. The problem is on the school board and administration.
I heard Toney is an assistant coach at Marion. Does he still teach at WF? That doesn't seem likely.
Not really

Herrin, IL

#7 Dec 1, 2012
Coach Toney was an excellent coach..didn't have tons of talent his last few years. But no body GOT RID of him,he retired.
I think the new coach will be alright,he's young and so is the core of his talent.Its kind of unfair to judge his ability until he has a few years and a fair amount of talent to work with.....just my opinion.
Just Wondering

Marion, IL

#8 Dec 1, 2012
Not really wrote:
Coach Toney was an excellent coach..didn't have tons of talent his last few years. But no body GOT RID of him,he retired.
I think the new coach will be alright,he's young and so is the core of his talent.Its kind of unfair to judge his ability until he has a few years and a fair amount of talent to work with.....just my opinion.
A good coach can take no talent and win at least a few games.
How many games have we won in two years. I think one.
Lets see what happens this year.
mike

Herrin, IL

#9 Dec 3, 2012
they are losers they stink ..
reap what you sowe

Marion, IL

#10 Dec 4, 2012
Coach Toney is prolly the most respected coach in all of southern illinois... He may have retired from coaching, but he could be an asset in any program and be the best head coach in any of them.. glad we have him here in Marion
rumor

Marion, IL

#11 Dec 5, 2012
reap what you sowe wrote:
Coach Toney is prolly the most respected coach in all of southern illinois... He may have retired from coaching, but he could be an asset in any program and be the best head coach in any of them.. glad we have him here in Marion
so he is coaching in Marion? Is he teaching there too? I don't see where ethically he could do both.
Lol

Stockton, MO

#12 Dec 5, 2012
rumor wrote:
<quoted text> so he is coaching in Marion? Is he teaching there too? I don't see where ethically he could do both.
i think when someone has been teaching 25 plus years in a district and been an amazing asset to a community, and no longer coaching, can go somewhere else... That's a complete joke you are calling him unethical.. He did a great job for west frankfort while a coach and poured his heart and soul out.. The guy still wants to coach... U think he is gonna be an assistant for a team he was just the head coach for?? Coach Toney is an amazing coach and person and is much respected by the players that played for him... If he is leaving school early to go to Marion, I see that as being wrong.. Sorry, my son says he gets to practice around 4 cause he is faithful to his contract..
rebel

Pocahontas, IL

#13 Dec 5, 2012
Coach Toney did not retire. He is teaching in WF and coaching as and assistant at Marion High School under Shane Hawkins.
xxxxx

United States

#14 Dec 6, 2012
rebel wrote:
Coach Toney did not retire. He is teaching in WF and coaching as and assistant at Marion High School under Shane Hawkins.
Good for KT. He is the BEST!!!

Mike Patton
rumor

Nashville, IL

#15 Dec 6, 2012
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>i think when someone has been teaching 25 plus years in a district and been an amazing asset to a community, and no longer coaching, can go somewhere else... That's a complete joke you are calling him unethical.. He did a great job for west frankfort while a coach and poured his heart and soul out.. The guy still wants to coach... U think he is gonna be an assistant for a team he was just the head coach for?? Coach Toney is an amazing coach and person and is much respected by the players that played for him... If he is leaving school early to go to Marion, I see that as being wrong.. Sorry, my son says he gets to practice around 4 cause he is faithful to his contract..
Maybe unethical was not the word I should have used. I have nothing against the man but it does not seem right to teach in one town and coach in another. I was not aware that that was an option because I have never heard of this situation before.
dierk

Evansville, IL

#16 Dec 7, 2012
another butt whipping at max morris gym tonight...clean house... five coaches on the bench and they all stink...
Omg

Herrin, IL

#17 Dec 11, 2012
dierk wrote:
another butt whipping at max morris gym tonight...clean house... five coaches on the bench and they all stink...
that is awesome!!! And who cares if the former coach is at another school your own damn principal and vice don't even live in this down so give it a rest
from the cheap seats

Carterville, IL

#18 Dec 11, 2012
dierk wrote:
I think its time for the athletic diector to step up and do his job.The problem starts with 7th grade coaches on up.They coach how they want play six boys everybody else sits.Of the six by the time they get to high school mabey three are still playing the other boys that have not played either quit or are so far behind on fundamentals that we can't compete and thats the situation our progam is in now!The school board is on the hot seat an election is coming up.Who is going to go coaches, athletic director,school board members,time will tell but something better start changing soon or there won't be a sports program!
OMG

Marion, IL

#19 Dec 12, 2012
Benton 49 West Frankfort 12 W.F made 6 shots.
Jane

Saint Joseph, IL

#20 Dec 12, 2012
from the cheap seats wrote:
<quoted text>I think its time for the athletic diector to step up and do his job.The problem starts with 7th grade coaches on up.They coach how they want play six boys everybody else sits.Of the six by the time they get to high school mabey three are still playing the other boys that have not played either quit or are so far behind on fundamentals that we can't compete and thats the situation our progam is in now!The school board is on the hot seat an election is coming up.Who is going to go coaches, athletic director,school board members,time will tell but something better start changing soon or there won't be a sports program!
Very well said...A friend of mines son is on the Freshman team, and he sits because the 5 stars are in all the time...I don't understand not letting everyone have a chance to be the star..We lose games most times anyway, so why not let everyone have a shot? It won't make or break anything..All parents put in the same effort, especially those boys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ladies need cash??? 33 min looking 16
David and Laura Huff ? 1 hr Asking 11
Chance Pauls 1 hr Asking 1
outcome of WC water clerk 3 hr Sad 7
Best football players to go through Benton in t... 3 hr Lmfao 20
grade school teachers getting fired 4 hr crazy 145
wreck between motorcycle and car in heights 4 hr amanda 26
More from around the web

Christopher People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE