Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52074 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51251 Feb 16, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
For no reason at all? I made a post to Kimare and then you attacked it, dipstick. Goddamn, you are dumb.
hey that of mine wasn't for you that was CaliGirl14
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51252 Feb 16, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I think the problem is twofold.
1) It's a problem of translation.
and
2) It's a problem of prejudice and bigotry - homophobia.
BTW. I don't require you or anybody else to interpret for me what the Bible says. I'm perfectly capable of reading and interpreting for myself what it being said and what the parables are meant to convey. I don't need a minister (or you) to tell me what the Bible says. In fact, I'm not very keen at all on the Old Testament, and I believe everything you need to know to live successfully is summed up in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
You can suit yourself. I'm not going to hang around debating religion and Christianity with you because we are not likely to ever agree. I do know you're trying to exclude good people from a religion that is available to ALL human beings, and I don't know what you hope to get for the effort. If it's to feel that you're better than.........that's not very Christian, is it?

1 ) please explain further. Which translation the early bible into the modern bible or the interpretation one religious group has that another doesn't. And what about it bothers you ? Like i said its still only about God's love. All the rest is just filler.
Have a one on one with God.
2 ) if you're willing to converse without hate then i'm willing to overlook your faults.

LOL i don't ever exclude anyone from learning about God and going to church. Heck i would drive Dusty to my church if he would go.
You seem to have a problem with church in general ( your comment you dont need a minister )
But church is more then that.
its also fellowship. Making new friends. sharing God love with others
why would you want to keep God's love to yourself SHARE IT :)
Its about giving hope and support to someone who needs it ive had family members slowly die and got a lot of support from my church.
its about a place for kids to share their gifts of music art and growing up with morals.

don't let the gays in here paint you a picture of christian hate. Its not like that at all.
churches do have problems . But they are not a place of hate.
truth

Granite City, IL

#51253 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
hey that of mine wasn't for you that was CaliGirl14
You directed it towards me, dipstick. You directly mentioned me in the comment.
truth

Granite City, IL

#51254 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
don't let the gays in here paint you a picture of christian hate. Its not like that at all.
churches do have problems . But they are not a place of hate.
That's not what you demonstrate. You ask me why I keep adressing you in my comments? It's because I'm an atheist and I like winding you up and watching you go. You do far more damage to the cause with your hatred than I ever could with my reason. Every comment you leave here makes Xtians look like hateful idiots. Thank you.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51255 Feb 16, 2014
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You directed it towards me, dipstick. You directly mentioned me in the comment.
LOL sure sure if you say so.
feel all better now ?
johnson

New York, NY

#51256 Feb 16, 2014
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>I think the problem is twofold.
1) It's a problem of translation.
and
2) It's a problem of prejudice and bigotry - homophobia.
BTW. I don't require you or anybody else to interpret for me what the Bible says. I'm perfectly capable of reading and interpreting for myself what it being said and what the parables are meant to convey. I don't need a minister (or you) to tell me what the Bible says. In fact, I'm not very keen at all on the Old Testament, and I believe everything you need to know to live successfully is summed up in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
You can suit yourself. I'm not going to hang around debating religion and Christianity with you because we are not likely to ever agree. I do know you're trying to exclude good people from a religion that is available to ALL human beings, and I don't know what you hope to get for the effort. If it's to feel that you're better than.........that's not very Christian, is it?
Have a one on one with God.
Copy and Paste ... Copy and Paste. Is this all there is? Yes, homosexuals are freaks. Yes, homosexuals is a choice. Yes, homosexuals do not go to Heaven.
Ace

Benton, IL

#51257 Feb 16, 2014
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...

For all the atheist. Now say god isn't real.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#51258 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion?
Gay couples have a piece of paper claiming that your mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered relationship equates to marriage. That distinction bothers you immensely, in spite of your claim otherwise.
You know as well as I do that nothing can change the inferior status of your relationship. It is visibly a counterfeit, scientifically defective mating behavior, factually fallacious and socially a forced sympathy to denial.
Smile.
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Gay people have a marriage that is equal to yours in every way. This lack of distinction and total equivalence of gay marriage to yours bothers you immensely or you wouldn't have devoted such a large portion of your life to crying about it here.
You know, it isn't any less lame the 5000th time you repeat your denial. No matter how many times you shove your fingers in your ears like a three year old and repeatedly shout, "No, you can;t make me accept reality" it doesn't change a thing.

Honey, the truth is, the union of Mars and Venus is vastly distinct from the collision of Uranus and Uranus...
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#51259 Feb 16, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>gee i'm trying my best but then here comes TRUTH to lambast back into me for no reason at all.
Remember I'm just an old stupid guy
You should be standing up for seniors. Its the Christian thing to do.
I never called you that, go post the
person who did if it bothers you, or
better yet open your heart to Gays
especially here! Since it's their site!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#51260 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, the truth is, the union of Mars and Venus is vastly distinct from the collision of Uranus and Uranus...
Hunty, the truth is that you have no power here. Marriage equality is a reality and there's not one damned thing you can do about it.

I'm still married with all of the same rights, benefits and responsibilities that you have. Ain't that awesome?!

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#51261 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion?
Gay couples have a piece of paper claiming that your mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered relationship equates to marriage.
Not so. I have a marriage certificate, and not a piece of paper with a bunch of hermaphroditic gibberish. The distinctions that you attempt to make exist in your mind, and not in reality. Therefore, they are opinions.

Still married here and you're powerless to affect that.
truth

Granite City, IL

#51262 Feb 16, 2014
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion?
Gay couples have a piece of paper claiming that your mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered relationship equates to marriage. That distinction bothers you immensely, in spite of your claim otherwise.
You know as well as I do that nothing can change the inferior status of your relationship. It is visibly a counterfeit, scientifically defective mating behavior, factually fallacious and socially a forced sympathy to denial.
Smile.
<quoted text>
You know, it isn't any less lame the 5000th time you repeat your denial. No matter how many times you shove your fingers in your ears like a three year old and repeatedly shout, "No, you can;t make me accept reality" it doesn't change a thing.
You are a special kind of stupid. Science deals with observing the real world. It does not make value judgments on what it observes. More importantly, there are several studies showing the homosexuality in genetic fitness. Simple because you are ignorant of the science and fail to have the intellect to understand it even if someone shows you does not mean that you get to claim science is on your side. Sorry.

The inferior status of my relationship? I'm hetero, genius. Something I have told you repeatedly yet you insist on ignoring. I'm only here because I'm an atheist and watching Xtians like you spread hate helps my cause. You think you're trolling me, but you're playing right into my hand and doing exactly what I want you to. Thanks.

The simple truth is that you are a broken, mentally ill individual who tries to deal with his own mental issues by coming on the internet and trying to make people feel as miserable as himself.
truth

Granite City, IL

#51263 Feb 16, 2014
showing the role of homosexuality in genetic fitness.
zINg

Granite City, IL

#51264 Feb 16, 2014
r_a_n_d_o_m wrote:
gay men are no more prone to aids then the average hetro couple that has anal sex. thats the price you pay when you have anal sex. if there were legal civil unions then gay couples could share medical insurance eliminating tax payer costs.
its all a timing issue. some of us are ready to move forward with life some arent
LOL that is so 90`s and absolutely untrue.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51265 Feb 17, 2014
Ace wrote:
http://www.bing.com/videos/sea rch?q=amazing+angel+cloud+on+t ape&FORM=VIRE9#view=detail &mid=E65B0BBA2855EE019E1EE 65B0BBA2855EE019E1E
For all the atheist. Now say god isn't real.
thanks for sharing it made my morning
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51266 Feb 17, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never called you that, go post the
person who did if it bothers you, or
better yet open your heart to Gays
especially here! Since it's their site!
you had plenty of insults all your own such as in

51219 Narcissist
51215 Dictator
51145 nutty christian like Jim Jones
51057 minor swear word

great examples of your kind christian love towards others.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51267 Feb 17, 2014
truth wrote:
showing the role of homosexuality in genetic fitness.
where is the link to that ?
at only 3 - 4 percent of the worlds population how is that a good showing of fitness
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51268 Feb 17, 2014
zINg wrote:
<quoted text> LOL that is so 90`s and absolutely untrue.
which part do you consider untrue ?

r_a_n_d_o_m wrote:
THIS PART ????
gay men are no more prone to aids then the average hetro couple that has anal sex

. THIS PART ???
if there were legal civil unions then gay couples could share medical insurance eliminating tax payer costs.
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#51269 Feb 17, 2014
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/italian-gay-acti...

another example of the gay agenda
forcing their life choice on the rest of the world.

they held her while waiting for an interpreter that was it
That was all there was to it.
But you would think by the article they were trying to harass her.
Gays love to blow things out of proportion.

When you're in another country you have to respect their laws their rights.
You're a visitor you don't have the same rights there that you have in your own country.
And not every country pampers their gays like we do here.

As more and more foreigners flood over here the laws may shift against gays down the road. And it won't be us Christians doing it.
In spite of what gays say in here about us we don't hate gays.
The ones who really do hate gays are already coming here and growing in numbers. If you are gay those are the ones you need to be concerned about.
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#51270 Feb 17, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
only gays demand others to be in agreement with them.
like with that baker.
the silliness comes from the comments gays make.
Christians demand others to be in agreement with them. The silliness comes from the baker that thinks he has a right to ignore the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
true or false: Meth found in Alicia Garners new... 20 hr Ryan 2
Kiley Smith!!!! Fri Iknowall 5
Damon Phesant. Fri Astinedtoo 6
Friend Fri Kiolloutjiom 3
Angel Fourez Thu Shuffleboard afic... 3
Topix Thu Okkkkkwithittttt 1
Blond in 4 door white jeep Aug 23 Idddddiiittttt 5

Christopher Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance