First Prev
of 2
Next Last
really

Johnston City, IL

#21 May 16, 2011
Shayna wrote:
At echo, they don't take "extra time to help you", you teach yourself. I'll be finished with all 24 credits by Christmas next year and start back at FCHS in January. I also start night classes at John A next spring. I'm already signed up :) I'm doing a 4 year degree. I'll most likely accomplish more then half of the people who bash echo. I don't drink, I don't do drugs, and I'm not a slut..I guess that proves that not EVERYONE that goes there is a bad kid. Alright?:)
Thats your story! You can be ANYTHING you want on the computer... For instance, someone said they were going to medical school!!LOL!
Shayna

United States

#22 May 16, 2011
I put my real name, its not like I'm trying to hide who I am? But you're right, that is my story, and its true too. You don't know me, but I took the time to explain myself anyways. Just because I attend echo, doesn't mean I'm gonna fuck up my life.
Move Forward

Kelseyville, CA

#23 May 16, 2011
Why don't you people stop bashing high schoolers and try getting a real life?? I'm sure half the perfect kids you know that went to college can't even get a career in the profession they studied due to lack of jobs in this area and all over the country, for that matter. Get over yourselves! It's obvious some of the kids that go there are trying or they wouldn't care to defend themselves against you awful people. Good job to you that are trying to make something of your life and best of luck to you all!
echo saved me

United States

#24 Jun 9, 2011
I went to E.C.H.O. to catch up on a few credits and ended up staying 4 years. I do not regret it either. I didn't go there because I was a "bad kid" or a "druggie" either.I have extreme anxiety and social phobias.If it wasn't for the teachers there I probably wouldnt have made it at all.Yes, I learned to teach myself there and that made me more ready for higher learning than other kids at my high school.I finished my senior year 2 months before my class. Im 28 now with 3 children and dont recieve anything from the state! I'm pretty sure that at least 50% of the FCHS students I went to school with DO.! THANK YOU to my teachers at E.C.H.O.!!! You truely are heroes!!!
Redbird

United States

#25 Jun 28, 2011
There is a difference between going to echo to make up one or two credits or going to finish your whole high school there. I know for a fact people that went there just because they were too lazy to get up and go to regular school Or because they chose to flunk every class because they didn't care! people like that, that don't put any effort deserve to get their GED and not a high school diploma. I agree that frankforts teaching isn't the best but that's not an excuse to drop out and go to echo. I was in all advanced classes when I was in high school, I hated it because if you werent the select few that the teacher just loved then they didn't care about the rest of us. Echo should be for students that just need a few credits not all of them because they would rather skip class.
PasrtyPuffin

United States

#26 Jun 30, 2011
Pasta, you don't even know what illiterate means.
anne

Kelseyville, CA

#27 Jul 1, 2011
For all of you who are going to Echo..I applaude you. No matter what led you there, the fact is you didn't give up and quit alltogether. Not all kids go there because of behavior problems, some kids were led there because of life situations that was beyond their control. It's so easy to just give up, but to stay in school is so hard for so many kids. Hang in there guys,
kbh

Anna, IL

#28 Apr 19, 2012
really wrote:
Echo is for LOSERS!!! I grant you that 99% of kids that go there, do not further their education. They are the ones who will live off of public aid. These are the kids who cant make it in a real school, therefore, they will not make it in the real world.
Some of my friends went to echo, and it's not for losers or drop-outs or people on public aid. and if your prissy little bitch of a self thinks it's so bad than maybe you shouldn't get help you need. almost all families on public aid need it to live and if you think we should "technically" kill of everyone by not giving them aid then you should do the same to yourself. if you face it odds are you have done worse things and you have caused more money to be spent on you than most people on public aid who want to get out of it... my fucking family was on public aid and I manage to be in the top 3% of all students in America.
this is just to help people who need it. and quick question, you are in what, the bottom 99%? ignorant people who boast facts that are false are pradctically you...
thinkin blinkin

Marion, IL

#29 Apr 19, 2012
Shayna wrote:
I put my real name, its not like I'm trying to hide who I am? But you're right, that is my story, and its true too. You don't know me, but I took the time to explain myself anyways. Just because I attend echo, doesn't mean I'm gonna fuck up my life.
have you had ur baby yet? im sure ur going to be a gd momma
Hannah

Herrin, IL

#30 Apr 20, 2012
Echo produces the future McDonald's workers and gas station attendants of Southern Illinois..haha
Wow

O Fallon, MO

#31 Apr 20, 2012
Hannah your a dumbass. You're probably one of those kids that will live off mommy and daddy your entire life. Some kids actually work for what they have. In this day and age any job is something to be proud of.
Wow

Fairfax, VA

#35 Jan 16, 2013
Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASE, for the love of God, tell us who you are or where you practice medicine! Based on your response; the inability to use the English language; I fear for my health and safety knowing you are the future of health care.
The thread was supposed to be on opinions and experiences at Echo. I'm not sure where your opinions came from but you seem like the uneducated one because if you were educated you would not treat teenagers in this manner. Not all schools allow for you to come partial days truancy is based on nine absences not full days class periods. There are options such as homebound but it seems these days they offer ECHO or John A. Logan as an alternative to be certain the students are in the classrooms the required length of time and making up their work. These are good programs with teachers that have obtained masters. I think I will stoop to your language and say you are a rpos that's short for real piece of shit for discouraging and ridiculing a student.
Could have quit

Gifford, IL

#36 Jan 17, 2013
I messed up in school and wasn't going to graduate with my class..I went to ECHO, finished up my credits and graduated a year late, but I finished! Went on to college, never obtained my degree due to needing to work full time to support my daughter, but have been at the same job now for 12 years! And I make 38k to boot.. To put all of past and current students of ECHO into one boat of druggies or troublemakers is being non-informed...
Mike

United States

#38 Jan 27, 2013
Echo helps a lotof kids that need extra help.
asdfghjkl

Eureka, IL

#39 Jan 27, 2013
really wrote:
Echo is for LOSERS!!! I grant you that 99% of kids that go there, do not further their education. They are the ones who will live off of public aid. These are the kids who cant make it in a real school, therefore, they will not make it in the real world.
Echo is NOT for losers. Some kids don't go there because they're "dumb" or "live off public aid." You don't know what goes on. My dad is a teacher at Echo, so I know a lot of things that go on there. Sure, some of the kids are bad, but that doesn't mean they're a bad person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scared 22 hr StupidGaywadd 4
Red hed Sun Inspiring 4
National anthem Sat Frank and beans 11
Demetria Patalano Sat Frank and beans 3
Jeff Sat Lord I swear 18
I dreamed about u last night Sat Love lives 3
Bearcat football sucks Sat Booger 42

Christopher Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance