First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just sayin

United States

#1 Mar 9, 2011
It's a good school, I go there myself. But seriously, the drama needs to stop! Rumors, fights, everything!
Jordan

Waterloo, IA

#2 Mar 9, 2011
Echo may be a good school but you weren't a good little kid to get your ass there. Try to stick it out in the real public school next chance you get.
CJHS Dragon

Mascoutah, IL

#3 Mar 10, 2011
I saw this topic and thought it was going to be about the old CJHS Echo student newspaper.
OutSpoken

Mascoutah, IL

#4 May 11, 2011
Jordan wrote:
Echo may be a good school but you weren't a good little kid to get your ass there. Try to stick it out in the real public school next chance you get.
OK well that isn't the only reason people go there!! some people go there because they can't keep up in school and the school doesn't provide the help they need. Which I happen to be one of their students, because of that reason!!
Shayna

United States

#5 May 11, 2011
I go to echo. But not because I'm a bad kid..its because I got sick and was hospitalized for almost 2 months..rather then giving up, echo gave me a second chance to get caught up. You know nothing about echo, obviously.
pasta

Waterloo, IA

#6 May 11, 2011
i went to echo to for a semester. and dumbass when you go to wf it's kinda hard to do shit there. so much drama and retarded principles. luckyly i had a principle that wasn't a drill sargaent. but u need to get the facts. it's to help ppl get there credits back not for dilequents or however u spell it. so stop talkin shit you illeterate son of a bitch!!
OK REALLY

Waterloo, IA

#7 May 11, 2011
pasta wrote:
i went to echo to for a semester. and dumbass when you go to wf it's kinda hard to do shit there. so much drama and retarded principles. luckyly i had a principle that wasn't a drill sargaent. but u need to get the facts. it's to help ppl get there credits back not for dilequents or however u spell it. so stop talkin shit you illeterate son of a bitch!!
Really? You have the nerve to call someone else a dumbass when you can't spell half the words in your response. Looks like to me Echo isn't teaching you kids much if you can't spell commonly used words.
OutSpoken

Mascoutah, IL

#8 May 11, 2011
It's obviously because we are smart and don't use those words. It just pisses people off when you dis their school. I was a honor roll student and then got behind after being sick and my school was going to fail me and not let me walk with my class because of ONE CREDIT!! I went to echo and got caught up and got to walk with my class. and he is using slang,that's the way people talk sometimes!!
Tiger2387

Waterloo, IA

#9 May 11, 2011
Slang is not misspelling words moron. Slang is shortening words. For a smart kid defending the misfits of echo, you sure don't know much about the real world. I as well missed too much school for illness and went to John a Logan college for their ASE program. When I met with the teachers at Echo, the kids there seemed all liked misfits and drug addicts. Plus it was such a ran down shitty school. There is more to life than defending a worthless school. Go focus on your studies and get off topix.
really

Lafayette, IN

#10 May 11, 2011
Echo is for LOSERS!!! I grant you that 99% of kids that go there, do not further their education. They are the ones who will live off of public aid. These are the kids who cant make it in a real school, therefore, they will not make it in the real world.
mother01

United States

#11 May 12, 2011
really wrote:
Echo is for LOSERS!!! I grant you that 99% of kids that go there, do not further their education. They are the ones who will live off of public aid. These are the kids who cant make it in a real school, therefore, they will not make it in the real world.
I think when echo first started it was for kids that were in trouble at their regular school but I know for a fact that this is not always the case now. My child had to go for one class because he did NOT get the extra help he needed at WF. He only had to go for 3 or 4 weeks and was caught up do to the fact that he DID get the help that he needed there. He went on to college and has a great job and has NEVER been on public aid.I also know for a fact that there are way too many kids that are going there now from WF because the people in charge of the high school are more worried about their own little head games than making sure our children get the education they need at their home school! Does anyone know the number of students that have to go there from WF? Do the taxpayers from WF have to pay for this? Maybe if the cost came out of the paychecks of the administrators they would be more interested in making sure our children get the education they need where they are supposed to get it instead of having to go to another school.My understanding is that WF scores are below that of the state average and we have the highest paid administrators. So it seems like the problem is only going to get worse unless something changes.
Wondering

Waterloo, IA

#12 May 12, 2011
Whatever happened to tutors and/or parents helping their children with their school work and teaching them some things at home to make up for the lack of education received by our school system. I sit with my kids every night to help them with issues, studying and grade their homework. WE are the parents and the school is not meant to be the sole educators in our children's lives. Both my girls are in the WF school system and both are on the honor roll.
OutSpoken

Mascoutah, IL

#13 May 12, 2011
ok well first off Im not a drug addicted. I have nothing lower than a B and was in honors classed for a long time and gradutaed top 5 of my class. I am not defending anyone!! Yea SOME KIDS that go there are bad and do drugs but NOT ALL of them. I did futher my education!! I went to JALC the fall after I graduated to be a doctor and I am still going and I have made all good grades. I also work and live on my own and pay my own bills. Also school has changed SO much that sometimes the parents can't help. That school has done good for the kids that try and that's why they moved it to a different location!! So not all of use are losers and drug addicts. And what exactly do you mean by "misfits"?
really

Lafayette, IN

#14 May 12, 2011
OutSpoken wrote:
ok well first off Im not a drug addicted. I have nothing lower than a B and was in honors classed for a long time and gradutaed top 5 of my class. I am not defending anyone!! Yea SOME KIDS that go there are bad and do drugs but NOT ALL of them. I did futher my education!! I went to JALC the fall after I graduated to be a doctor and I am still going and I have made all good grades. I also work and live on my own and pay my own bills. Also school has changed SO much that sometimes the parents can't help. That school has done good for the kids that try and that's why they moved it to a different location!! So not all of use are losers and drug addicts. And what exactly do you mean by "misfits"?
Doctor! Humm, who would of guessed you would have said that? I would! Thats called sarcasm there! I highly doubt that anyone who couldn't keep up in a real school, is going to be a doctor. Besides all that, you dont go to JALC to be a doctor!

I knew someone that was sick with cancer a full year, and that child made a decision to keep going to school and when the treatments made them sick, they simply made up all the work, and went when they could. When it came to tests, they would go at 7:00 in the morning to test. Determination and desire to be somebody and something, pushed this child.

I believe if they are truant... FLUNK THEM, they will find out soon enough that its not easy in the real world.
If they are sick, hire them a tutor!
This school (ECHO) is a joke! It is the easy way out. It's like telling the kids that it's ok not to work hard, its ok to be lazy, we'll still pass you because we might lose district dollars! We are creating lazy, good for nothing, welfare recipient kids with this school!
OutSpoken

Mascoutah, IL

#15 May 14, 2011
I went to JALC for what I needed like generals and stuff. I have been in nursing classes since high school and continued at JALC. Also I went to my regular school while going here to make up my one credit. Yea she made the decision to keep going after she got sick so she had to go here and schools won't hire a tutor!! But anyways unless you are in our shoes you don't know all I was saying is that this school does do good!!
really

Carterville, IL

#16 May 14, 2011
OutSpoken wrote:
I went to JALC for what I needed like generals and stuff. I have been in nursing classes since high school and continued at JALC. Also I went to my regular school while going here to make up my one credit. Yea she made the decision to keep going after she got sick so she had to go here and schools won't hire a tutor!! But anyways unless you are in our shoes you don't know all I was saying is that this school does do good!!
No, she didn't go there! She went to a REAL high school, and schools do hire tutors. Thats what I'm saying, she didn't take the easy way out... she worked for it! That "school" is a joke!
Reason

Ostrander, OH

#17 May 14, 2011
OutSpoken wrote:
PLEASE, for the love of God, tell us who you are or where you practice medicine! Based on your response; the inability to use the English language; I fear for my health and safety knowing you are the future of health care.
Shayna

United States

#18 May 16, 2011
You have no idea what you're talking about. You've obviously never been near the school nor known anyone who has attended it. You've just heard the rumors about it.
wow

Davenport, IA

#19 May 16, 2011
hahaha if you cant make it in FCHS or any other high school how do you plan to make it in college? they sure wont take out extra time to help you.
Shayna

United States

#20 May 16, 2011
At echo, they don't take "extra time to help you", you teach yourself. I'll be finished with all 24 credits by Christmas next year and start back at FCHS in January. I also start night classes at John A next spring. I'm already signed up :) I'm doing a 4 year degree. I'll most likely accomplish more then half of the people who bash echo. I don't drink, I don't do drugs, and I'm not a slut..I guess that proves that not EVERYONE that goes there is a bad kid. Alright?:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sesser Audit. Attorney General / Police not pu... 2 hr carrol kelly 15
Kiley Smith (May '14) 6 hr truth 33
Miranda's on main 9 hr True 64
Steve Irvin having a baby at 50 or what 9 hr HAPPY 3
quote for today 19 hr whitey 4
Lacey Jean 23 hr lol 4
wht can people tell me bout brandon snider? goo... Fri frost 3
Christopher Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Christopher People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Christopher News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Christopher

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:02 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:02AM
The Coach That Could Turn Around Bears
Bleacher Report11:28 AM
Jay Cutler Rumors: Latest Details, Speculation on Bears QB's Future
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
ESPN 7:36 AM
Sources: Goodell says no L.A. team in 2015
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler