Local resident

United States

#44 Feb 20, 2013
Met the new owners I think they trades one bitch for another met Melissa seems like a c-nt. doubt the place will last that long and the food isn't that great.
Whittington

United States

#45 Mar 6, 2013
New people are awesome and the place is fun again, food is unreal and out selling Burtons!Everyone is so nice and the new bartenders are awesome!
Shawn

Marion, IL

#46 Mar 7, 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! What a joke!!!! If you think it's fun now and if you think the bartenders are hot then that is SAD!! The new management is running it into the ground!! At least the old manager had people in there. It's a matter of time before they close. DEAD ZONE.
hmmmm

Grain Valley, MO

#47 Mar 7, 2013
Burtons will always be around. They dedicated customers that have went in for years. The food may be good at the zone but trust me so have the last 5 or 6 different places that have been in that spot. They may survive the busy summer months but watch out for winter haha.
name here

Denver, CO

#48 Mar 9, 2013
I couldn't agree more. The place has returned to a decent place. I really like the non-smoking atmosphere. Soon that will be the way it is all over Frank. CO. and Will. CO. they both got grants to pay an enforcement officer of the non-smoking rules.
Friends

Centralia, IL

#49 Mar 13, 2013
hmmmm wrote:
Burtons will always be around. They dedicated customers that have went in for years. The food may be good at the zone but trust me so have the last 5 or 6 different places that have been in that spot. They may survive the busy summer months but watch out for winter haha.
I am friends with the new owners and they took over in late oct so they did make it thur the winter months and has changed the rep the place had and they are also new to the bar seen and trying to change the rep there also they are having a FREE FISH FRY THIS FRIDAY followed by WASHCO LOWLIFES and dales Harley sat followed by girl on top so give them a shot and chance thanks
So Happy

Denver, CO

#50 Apr 16, 2013
This palce is nice to go to now. Ifyou are looking for th old, stinky hag, drunk manager...driv e down the road to the tiny lil barn...what a dump! thesame old and i mean old people there that used to run everyone out of the zone has now been banished there. they aren't allowed to go anyplace else!
just me

Lone Jack, MO

#51 Apr 18, 2013
I agree that the owner is a bitch and the girls that work on the weekend are just as bitchy. There is a tall blonde that looks and talks like a man that is the biggest bitch of them all. She needs to see if she can get into a drag show somewhere. Her ass is just about as big as her mouth!!!
hahaha

Benton, IL

#52 Apr 18, 2013
probably the new manager Melissa's friends. She is not the owner. She just manages everything now! She's not the most likeable person around. I could say more but I'll stop. Def. not a people person!
RWV

Marion, IL

#53 Apr 18, 2013
This weekend at the ZONE come see Hollie Hiller with Mockingbird Hill band! Enjoy some great specials!
Anonymous

Herrin, IL

#54 Apr 19, 2013
I am simply amazed..All of this jealousy about the hot management and hot bartenders! I have been to the zone several times over the past few years and it is now by far the best bar in town! If you people had any balls you would say the nasty things you are saying to thier faces instead of hiding behind a name!
noname

Murphysboro, IL

#55 Apr 19, 2013
there was a girl there named Jeanne...I haven't seen her in a
while...what happened to her?
So Happy

Denver, CO

#56 Apr 19, 2013
noname wrote:
there was a girl there named Jeanne...I haven't seen her in a
while...what happened to her?
Try the skanky Barn Bar down the road.
gotta lot

Enfield, IL

#57 Apr 22, 2013
Its kind of strange Hollie has been working there and serving alcohol for a couple months now, yet she JUST turned 21 yesterday...?
Wow

Overland Park, KS

#58 Apr 22, 2013
You don't have to be 21 to serve!
Wow

Overland Park, KS

#59 Apr 22, 2013
Actually the legal age to serve or bartend on Il os18. Except Chicago and there its 21. Answer your question?
sad

United States

#60 Apr 23, 2013
seriously sounds like new management is trying to come up with business by trashing the barn bar. the zone had went down hill fast i went in on a Saturday night and they had maybe 8 people with a band
The zone

Kansas City, MO

#61 Apr 23, 2013
The zone hasn't trashed barn bar. Sorry we haven't said anything bout the barn bar we wish them the best of luck just like any bar. We here at the zone are just trying to have a good business. This Saturday we are having the BRAT PACK 9 to 1. Come on out for some good music and great times !
So Happy

Denver, CO

#62 Apr 23, 2013
sad wrote:
seriously sounds like new management is trying to come up with business by trashing the barn bar. the zone had went down hill fast i went in on a Saturday night and they had maybe 8 people with a band
I don't think they have to trash any bar...each one has it,s own personlity. most of them trash them selves with the geriatric crowd that is at the barn. the barn bar ppl need to quit turnin in every body 4 smokin n worry bout there own place.
gotta lot

Enfield, IL

#63 Apr 23, 2013
So your telling me you can serve alcohol at 18 but card people to make sure their 21??? hmmm just don't make sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kevin kondoudis 44 min Tim 11
melissa hayes 55 min ashley 1
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 2 hr Gofigger 149
Drugs in Sesser? 2 hr Corruptfranklinco 2
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Mr Ed 49,806
Eric S. 2 hr Idiots 4
kinley Mitchell 2 hr Jeremy 2
•••
•••
Christopher Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Christopher Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••