Who is the best athlete ever at Sesse...
You name it

Paris, IL

#104 Oct 10, 2013
Best Female Athlete – Chelsea Miller ask anyone who has seen her on the court and on the track. Arguable the one of the best defensive players (wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t hold record for steals) on the court scored over 1000 pnts in her career. 10 Medals at state on the track including a state championship and two runner ups. Unsure of how many school records she holds
Teacher

Herrin, IL

#105 Oct 11, 2013
She's from Waltonville, but yeah, a great athlete. Still not quite as good as Rhonda Brown.
coal miner

Arnold, MO

#106 Oct 12, 2013
Tina dawson by far. beth guthrie good also
Random

Fairfield, IL

#107 Oct 14, 2013
Sarah Shurtz!
You name it

Paris, IL

#108 Oct 21, 2013
Yes she is from Waltonville but played/ran for Sesser, so you don't count the co-op now. and I will say it again 10 STATE MEDALS. I would be interested to see how many state medals all of the sesser teams have!
Teacher

Herrin, IL

#109 Oct 21, 2013
You name it wrote:
Yes she is from Waltonville but played/ran for Sesser, so you don't count the co-op now. and I will say it again 10 STATE MEDALS. I would be interested to see how many state medals all of the sesser teams have!
She's a Waltonville student, not Sesser-Valier.
Also, it's hard to compare track, which awards medals for individual accomplishments, with any other sport. But again, not taking anything away from her. Tremendous athlete!
You name it

Paris, IL

#110 Oct 22, 2013
Wow.... "She's from Waltonville, but yeah, a great athlete. Still not quite as good as Rhonda Brown" was your statement. Rhonda was a great athlete I’m sure but wasn’t her accomplishments on the track as well. I’m not trying to make this a dig on Rhonda but how do you justify your remark. Keep in mind Chelsea played basketball as well (unsure what else Rhonda did) she scored 1000pnts, started all four years and would be arguable one of the best defensive players to play at Sesser and in Southern Illinois. Sesser-Valier have won the Girls Basketball regional championship twice (2002 Class A and 2012 Class 2A) the second team was Chelsea’s Jr. year. She holds six track and field records at Sesser Valier. By the way the topic of the post doesn’t state who was the best student ever at Sesser –Valier.
Facts do not cease just

Arnold, MO

#111 Nov 13, 2013
Larry Hammond, now who was it that was a s good a baseball player, football player and while he wasn't Mr. Limelight, excellent ball handler: Don Styve
it be interesting to see those guys get plastered coming up the middle by a 250 lb middle linebacker, it's all relative.
Too funny

Arnold, MO

#112 Nov 13, 2013
john Galik. Wtf???
Moi wrote:
Tim Sample
Tina Dawson
Wesley Wilt
John Galik
Movinonup

United States

#113 Nov 20, 2013
What's Tim Sample up to these days? I've not seen him in forever.
sesser track

Sesser, IL

#114 Dec 6, 2013
I'd say phillip wilkerson, I was his coach 8th grade he took sesser to state in the 400 meter dash. That young man ran it 49.9. 2nd place. After that he moved away.
Beth

Carmi, IL

#115 Jan 4, 2014
Football - Jeff brown.
Long Gone

Mount Juliet, TN

#116 Jul 29, 2014
Each generation has it's youthful vigor. All full of cocky arrogance. Sports have always been the place they can shine. But when the rubber hits the road.....everybody leaves their own mark. And sports
turn out to be the very least important. Really..truly great men & women
are not remotely concerned with sports.
honest

Kuwait, Kuwait

#117 Aug 7, 2014
Got to go with the class of 2010.
Tyler Rock- 1 of the best full backs SVWW will ever see. 3 year varsity starter. You try and tackle him..
Justin Matyi- 2 year All-State and a 4 year varsity starter in basketball. Didn't have the height to play college ball, but will be remembered as one of the greatest big men to walk through the hallway with Burzynski.
TJ Eubanks- Started varsity basketball games all 4 years of HS. One of the purest and deepest shots throughout the years. Could be considered not that quick, but he always had a mismatch. And he was one of the smartest linemen I think we've ever had, which is pretty hard to come by.
Dane Eubanks- 3 year starter in both football and basketball. Has all conferences. Has both hurdle records for the school. Could drive on anyone on the floor. If only he had a right hand, he would definitely be at the top of the list. Plus he can sing now haha!
Kendall Gibson- 3 year varsity starter at quarterback. Got starts in all 4 years in basketball. I would put money on him being the best defensive player to ever walk down the hallway, and to guard any of the names on that list. He was a great captain on and off the floor and he even became a college quarterback.
Myles Tinsley- 3 year varsity starter in football. Started in games all 4 years in basketball. Most Outstanding Male athlete in So. Ill track his senior year. State medals in track and basketball. I can only remember 1 turnover in his whole post season career as a point guard. No one could stay in front of him. Always seemed to make the big play when they needed it. He was the best spark plug in my opinion.
Football- 9-0 BDC Conference Champs. Played 3A football, which hardly anyone at this school has experienced and had even a shot. Ranked top 10 that year.
Basketball- We all know what they achieved. Turned the program completely around. Better then what we could ever imagine if they hadn't laid the ground work.
Track- Dane Eubanks and Myles Tinsley, those 2 alone are the best track team ever to walk the hallway at SV. They only had the best finish as a team in school history at the state meet with only 2 competitors.
I would just like to say thank you to the class of 2010 for all that they did and making 2006-2010 very enjoyable time in our 2 small communities.
Wheres the Effingham

Herrin, IL

#118 Aug 7, 2014
honest wrote:
Got to go with the class of 2010.
Tyler Rock- 1 of the best full backs SVWW will ever see. 3 year varsity starter. You try and tackle him..
Justin Matyi- 2 year All-State and a 4 year varsity starter in basketball. Didn't have the height to play college ball, but will be remembered as one of the greatest big men to walk through the hallway with Burzynski.
TJ Eubanks- Started varsity basketball games all 4 years of HS. One of the purest and deepest shots throughout the years. Could be considered not that quick, but he always had a mismatch. And he was one of the smartest linemen I think we've ever had, which is pretty hard to come by.
Dane Eubanks- 3 year starter in both football and basketball. Has all conferences. Has both hurdle records for the school. Could drive on anyone on the floor. If only he had a right hand, he would definitely be at the top of the list. Plus he can sing now haha!
Kendall Gibson- 3 year varsity starter at quarterback. Got starts in all 4 years in basketball. I would put money on him being the best defensive player to ever walk down the hallway, and to guard any of the names on that list. He was a great captain on and off the floor and he even became a college quarterback.
Myles Tinsley- 3 year varsity starter in football. Started in games all 4 years in basketball. Most Outstanding Male athlete in So. Ill track his senior year. State medals in track and basketball. I can only remember 1 turnover in his whole post season career as a point guard. No one could stay in front of him. Always seemed to make the big play when they needed it. He was the best spark plug in my opinion.
Football- 9-0 BDC Conference Champs. Played 3A football, which hardly anyone at this school has experienced and had even a shot. Ranked top 10 that year.
Basketball- We all know what they achieved. Turned the program completely around. Better then what we could ever imagine if they hadn't laid the ground work.
Track- Dane Eubanks and Myles Tinsley, those 2 alone are the best track team ever to walk the hallway at SV. They only had the best finish as a team in school history at the state meet with only 2 competitors.
I would just like to say thank you to the class of 2010 for all that they did and making 2006-2010 very enjoyable time in our 2 small communities.
Thanks for the run down, Milo.
Good job and stay safe. ;)
You Name It

Paris, IL

#119 Sep 19, 2014
Long Gone wrote:
Each generation has it's youthful vigor. All full of cocky arrogance. Sports have always been the place they can shine. But when the rubber hits the road.....everybody leaves their own mark. And sports
turn out to be the very least important. Really..truly great men & women
are not remotely concerned with sports.
That's where you would be wrong
Seen em both

Marion, IL

#120 Jan 10, 2016
You name it wrote:
Best Female Athlete – Chelsea Miller ask anyone who has seen her on the court and on the track. Arguable the one of the best defensive players (wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t hold record for steals) on the court scored over 1000 pnts in her career. 10 Medals at state on the track including a state championship and two runner ups. Unsure of how many school records she holds
Hannah Garascia is blowing her away.
Scored 32 last game. Basketball not even her best sport. Will play college softball.
6'1 with the skills of a guard or shortstop. Special.
wanna know

Fairfield, IL

#121 Jan 11, 2016
Seen em both wrote:
<quoted text>Hannah Garascia is blowing her away.
Scored 32 last game. Basketball not even her best sport. Will play college softball.
6'1 with the skills of a guard or shortstop. Special.
Are you serious? She is "athletic" but what has she accomplished? 32 last game? Write back when she does that 10 games in a row. And against someone other than Cobden in a 50 point blowout.
sesserite

Marion, IL

#122 Jan 13, 2016
Careful, you all are showing your intelligence. "The best all time" was the question asked. If anyone thinks that Wes Wilt is not. I say line up against him even today. He's like almost 50, and I bet he can still beat you at your own game with your own rules.
Southeast Sesser

Herrin, IL

#124 Feb 29, 2016
obvious wrote:
Northwest benton is a chuchetto!!
A pacifier?
Put down the bottle of vodka and step away from the keyword.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Curious about Bearcat football Mon Curious George 1
Ronna Sun Detective James G... 2
Franklin county Sun Poisonivy 1
Sexiest men in Christopher? (Aug '11) Sun Poisonivy 98
Blond in 4 door white jeep Aug 27 Yoyo 6
Thieves moving into Emma St home Aug 27 Getsome 5
true or false: Meth found in Alicia Garners new... Aug 26 Ryan 2

Christopher Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Christopher Mortgages