First Prev
of 2
Next Last
happy

Du Quoin, IL

#1 Feb 15, 2013
I am SO HAPPY we got a Tequilas! LaFiesta always sux and the workers are always grumpy! I love the food at Tequilas and they have workers thatI can understand their english! Im wondering if anyone has used their delivery service?
really

Lawrence, KS

#2 Feb 15, 2013
I personally love LaFiesta!
Hambone

United States

#3 Feb 15, 2013
happy wrote:
I am SO HAPPY we got a Tequilas! LaFiesta always sux and the workers are always grumpy! I love the food at Tequilas and they have workers thatI can understand their english! Im wondering if anyone has used their delivery service?
I hope you don't ever go to Mexico and try to order food....duh!
youranidiot

United States

#4 Apr 11, 2013
happy wrote:
People like you only perpetuate stereotypes...booo!
Remo

Sesser, IL

#5 Apr 11, 2013
happy wrote:
Why? The franklin county location won't even serve actual Mexican food. La fiesta is the same way. You have to drive to Carbondale to find real Tex-Mex. La Fiesta actually tried when they first opened and the hillbillies didn't like it, so they started cranking out the bland stuff they serve today. You have to hand it to them. They are good business people, but cheesy chicken rice (Chicken Cancun, Lol) is NOT real Mexican.

I gave Tequila's a chance on Saturday with the all you can eat Taco and Enchilada lunch. Unseasoned ground beef (and poor quality ground beef at that) with a teaspoon of mild cheese and a handful of shredded iceberg lettuce is NOT a taco. Boiled, shredded, unseasoned chicken folded with a dab of cheese in a flour tortilla is not my idea of tasty enchilada either. I hate to say it, but you'll get more taste at Taco Bell or Hardee's. It's a shame, because they know how to cook real Tex-Mex, they just don't think we hillbillies will like it.
youranidiot

United States

#6 Apr 11, 2013
Remo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? The franklin county location won't even serve actual Mexican food. La fiesta is the same way. You have to drive to Carbondale to find real Tex-Mex. La Fiesta actually tried when they first opened and the hillbillies didn't like it, so they started cranking out the bland stuff they serve today. You have to hand it to them. They are good business people, but cheesy chicken rice (Chicken Cancun, Lol) is NOT real Mexican.
I gave Tequila's a chance on Saturday with the all you can eat Taco and Enchilada lunch. Unseasoned ground beef (and poor quality ground beef at that) with a teaspoon of mild cheese and a handful of shredded iceberg lettuce is NOT a taco. Boiled, shredded, unseasoned chicken folded with a dab of cheese in a flour tortilla is not my idea of tasty enchilada either. I hate to say it, but you'll get more taste at Taco Bell or Hardee's. It's a shame, because they know how to cook real Tex-Mex, they just don't think we hillbillies will like it.
Although I agree with you, calling people around here hillbillies is uncalled for. You should just say people here didn't like real "tex-mex". I myself prefer real "Mexican" food, not Tex-Mex. Where in the world can you get "real" in Carbondale....try Fairmont City,IL. That's where the real food is....
lol

Herrin, IL

#7 Apr 11, 2013
tequillas sucks!!! they need to learn what seasoning is!!!!!
Remo

Sesser, IL

#8 Apr 12, 2013
youranidiot wrote:
<quoted text>Although I agree with you, calling people around here hillbillies is uncalled for. You should just say people here didn't like real "tex-mex". I myself prefer real "Mexican" food, not Tex-Mex. Where in the world can you get "real" in Carbondale....try Fairmont City,IL. That's where the real food is....
Lol. You call me out referring to our population as hillbillies (including myself) yet your forum name is "youranidiot"

To answer your question, fellow hillbilly, Tres Hombres in C'dale has authentic taste.

My point was, why would you walk into a Mexican restaurant if you really don't want Mexican? Hillbillies who don't know what Tex-Mex actually is.
youranidiot

United States

#9 Apr 12, 2013
Remo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. You call me out referring to our population as hillbillies (including myself) yet your forum name is "youranidiot"
To answer your question, fellow hillbilly, Tres Hombres in C'dale has authentic taste.
My point was, why would you walk into a Mexican restaurant if you really don't want Mexican? Hillbillies who don't know what Tex-Mex actually is.
Tres Hombres....that is too funny! I can make better Mexican food than that. Do you know what lengua,chicharonnas, pastor,chorizo,is? Do you know what's in a torta? Go to Don Luna in West Frankfort or Fairmont City to Mexican Restaurants there. You will find REAL Mexican food...not Americanized form
Remo

Sesser, IL

#10 Apr 12, 2013
youranidiot wrote:
<quoted text> Do you know what lengua,chicharonnas, pastor,chorizo,is?
Yes, of course.
I prefer Tex-Mex, though.
I'm not sure what you ordered at Tres, but it has been critically acclaimed. You must be a gourmet Southwestern cook if you can provide a better meal than they. How about you apply for the chef position at Tequila's?
happy

Du Quoin, IL

#11 Apr 12, 2013
Apparently only children on this site. Oh well.
tomuchtime

United States

#12 Apr 12, 2013
You haven't had Mexican food until you have your Mexican mother n law fix it!
Marie

Herrin, IL

#13 Apr 12, 2013
happy wrote:
Apparently only children on this site. Oh well.
Because they have taste buds and understand and tolerate people who speak with an accent? OOOOK..........
BlahBlahBlah

Brookport, IL

#15 Apr 12, 2013
There are no Mexican restaurants around here that have authentic un-Americanized foods. The only places I have found authentic cuisine is in Oklahoma or Texas. Or if I make food from scratch.
tomuchtime

United States

#16 Apr 13, 2013
BlahBlahBlah wrote:
There are no Mexican restaurants around here that have authentic un-Americanized foods. The only places I have found authentic cuisine is in Oklahoma or Texas. Or if I make food from scratch.
Bam....somebody nailed it!

“Common sense isn't common”

Since: Dec 12

Sesser IL

#17 Apr 13, 2013
BlahBlahBlah wrote:
I agree. As far as Tequila's is concerned, however, I have to say that the place is clean, the service is good and the prices are fair.
FeedMe

United States

#18 Apr 18, 2013
Tequilas Rocks! Much better the La Fiesta. The only people that like La Fiesta more, are the girls that only order chicken canun! lol
LOVE

Du Quoin, IL

#19 Jun 26, 2013
I absolutely LOVE our tequilas! Its the best of them all! Super clean (unlike most), super friendly workers, & the best most fresh delicious food EVER! I eat there at least once a week!!!
Confused

Herrin, IL

#20 Jun 27, 2013
If you all love mexicans so much, why dont you get the hell outta my town and move to mexico. I would prefer a burger on the grill any day of the week... but then again... I'm an American.
Marmalard

Marion, IL

#21 Jun 27, 2013
LOVE wrote:
I absolutely LOVE our tequilas! Its the best of them all! Super clean (unlike most), super friendly workers, & the best most fresh delicious food EVER! I eat there at least once a week!!!
If that is your opinion, then you simply MUST try Gerber's Strained Peas......a taste explosion in your mouth......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dealer slugs 5 hr Buzzkill 16
StoP Calling me! 5 hr Buzzkill 7
Demetria Patalano Sun Hmmm 6
Poor Jason Burnett Sun Jason 1
Meagan Bunton pregnant? Sat jay done 2
Junior and senior Sat jay done 6
Where’s kiley Smith? Fri Wondering 3

Christopher Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance