First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Johnson Field

Sesser, IL

#89 Oct 28, 2013
You got a fight comin.....comin today.
I see you soon....

Har Har. I have not yet begun to defile myslef....
Jeff Cima

Marion, IL

#90 Oct 28, 2013
Someone called me and said I was commenting on this ridiculous thread. Sorry folks, it is not me. So leave my name out of it, I have no dog in this hunt. Never have been offered a job at WF or have never applied. I like Coach Beery and would NEVER bash any coach. I like Richard Glodich and all the Glodich family, good people. Now you have my opinion, but please never assume you know who or what your debating. I'm done with you all. Leave my name off this ridiculous topic.
Jeff Cima

Marion, IL

#91 Oct 28, 2013
One more thing, at least I have the balls to sign my name and back it up, unlike the rest of you.
Johnson Field

Sesser, IL

#92 Oct 28, 2013
Jeff Cima wrote:
Leave my name off this ridiculous topic.
Mr. Cima, thanks for setting the record straight, but where was your name mentioned??
Jeff Cima

Marion, IL

#93 Oct 28, 2013
It was pretty obvious with your prior post, nobody throws "Tombstone" quotes around like I do! Brian.
Dale

Herrin, IL

#94 Oct 28, 2013
Look people, if you want to see the downfall of our sports program look at the Jr. High. Not one coach knows what they are doing. Then they pass these kids off to HS coaches that are just not very good. We have such a losing tradition in WF that our kids expect to lose. Not one coach puts in the extra effort it takes to win. If you want your kid to learn how to play, better be prepared to play travel ball.
Chillin

Herrin, IL

#95 Oct 28, 2013
Football over!!!! Let's see Basketball !!!!!
Teacher

Marion, IL

#96 Oct 29, 2013
Jeff Cima wrote:
One more thing, at least I have the balls to sign my name and back it up, unlike the rest of you.
Cima, you'e an oak.
Winter

Belleville, IL

#97 Oct 30, 2013
Chillin wrote:
Football over!!!! Let's see Basketball !!!!!
Wrestling, enough said.
Johnny Ringo

Marion, IL

#98 Oct 31, 2013
Looks like the fake Cima slinked away with his tail between his legs when the real one showed up.
Jeff Cima

Marion, IL

#99 Oct 31, 2013
I'm your huckleberry!
Parent

Belleville, IL

#101 Nov 1, 2013
Why is it coaches in every sport, have their kid in the main important place? That's not fair! Every baseball team, football team so on! Just so the coach gets a big name! It's so wrong! Their kid isn't always the best! Most of the time their the worst!
Johnny Ringo

Marion, IL

#102 Nov 1, 2013
Parent wrote:
Why is it coaches in every sport, have their kid in the main important place? That's not fair! Every baseball team, football team so on! Just so the coach gets a big name! It's so wrong! Their kid isn't always the best! Most of the time their the worst!
LOL!
You're kidding, right?
Alicia

Paoli, IN

#103 Nov 5, 2013
observer wrote:
Sorry but i have to put my two cents in... To "the teacher" who thinks Richard is a classy guy...I have a little story to tell you..... In the fall of 2011, two assistant coaches (for girls softball) took a group of girls to play on a traveling team tournament (during softball season), before i go any farther the head coach (Jack Calvert ISHA umpire) was there at that tournament. Soon after, Richard called the two assistant coaches into the office to have a meeting. Richard said ISHA rules say that they played too many WF girls during the fall tournament which can make them ineligible for their spring softball season. Richard then fired both coaches (one female one male). In the mean time the female called ISHA to check the situation out. Apparently there is no such rule and not only was Richard lying, he has NO AUTHORITY to fire anyone, that is the school boards power. ISHA said the most that would happen would be one day suspension. After the female coach went to the school board they did not know what the hell was really going on. They said they would get back with her next spring. In the mean time Richard hired Aldrig to take the female coaches place and rehired the male coach they had fired. That is what you call a personal vendetta that Richard and the head coach had against the female coach, considering she was a better coach out of them all. That is what you call a double dose of discrimination. So "teacher" i hope you rethink about how "classy" of a guy Richard really is. As you can see he only cares about saving his ass and his buddies.
I have been out of West Frankfort for a few years, so I don't know the coaches you are speaking about. However, Richard has the rule correct in saying that they had to many girls on their team if they had more than 3. In any team sport's off season you cannot have 3 players from the same high school team on the same traveling team. If this rule was not in place, entire school teams would sign up for tournaments and play year round. So to make it fair, that rule is in place. I know for a fact it's been in place for at least 6 years, because it dictated teams at my club program.

I'm not saying I agree with the rest of the story, nor do I care. I'm not sure what "IHSA" told them about the rule or who they even spoke to, but it is a rule in every single state. And it's also common sense.
Glodich

Herrin, IL

#105 Nov 14, 2013
Don't know the guy and don't care to, but I love when people post stories that don't add up. Said Glodich fired two coaches, hired a new one, rehired another one, and in the same paragraph said he doesn't have the authority to fire anyone because it is up to the school board. If that's the case, then there was no legal firing that happened, was there? You were right about one thing. Personnel decisions, including those involving paid and volunteer coaches, must pass before the school board for official approval. Otherwise that person is not legally fired and will still continue to earn a paycheck. Someone has to file the paperwork, and the AD can't do that without school board approval. Otherwise the entire thing is incredibly illegal and should have resulted in a lawsuit. If you went to the school board to ask them about it, you would have had to meet them in closed session, because they are legally not allowed to discuss any individual by name in an open meeting. If they claimed they had no knowledge of it, then either it was illegal or they were lying and actually DID vote on it. These rules exist in every school district in Illinois, so if a coach was fired and the school board explicitly stated that they didn't vote on it, then the victim should have filed a lawsuit. Otherwise you're just playing the victim and letting them win, and at that point you have no right to complain about it.
Kleenex

Carlyle, IL

#106 Nov 14, 2013
Parent wrote:
No, what's NOT fair is the whine ass parents like you who is either trying to live through their kid or their kid is just terrible and instead of you acknowledging it, you continue to force them to look ridiculous while all the other parents talk about you. Also, it's idiots like you that have this "everyone deserves a trophy" mentality and think that your kid should be in the game and get equal amounts of play time so they can screw it up, all the while, the kids who ARE good get to sit back and watch their team get beat because Ralphie Jr. can't dribble/can't run/can't catch but he should get to play because mommy said so, even though he's not wearing the proper attire and has missed almost all the practices, and well, that's just how the real would should be. HA!

Coaches kids USUALLY are the best because their parents PRACTICE, DRIVE, INVEST, SHOW UP, DEDICATE, WORK HARD, TEACH, COMMIT, PRACTICE, AND MORE PRACTICE, not just sit back and piss and moan on Topix that their kid wasn't picked or don't have the right last name or not fair garbage. Not how the REAL world works!

And before you try it, no coach here!
Johnny Ringo

Sesser, IL

#107 Nov 15, 2013
Last straw wrote:
Why are you LOLing Johnny Ringo? I absolutely agree with you "parent", you see this in West Frankfort every year and in every sport. For example, it was just last year that the girls highschool softball team got new equipment, new uniforms, and even the coach got a ipad to keep track everyone's stats....so he says. They even got individual and team action shots and put them up on the field they play on. WHY IS THIS?!?! Because Jack Calvert's daughter was now in highschool. Also don't you think it is weird that all three coaches daughters got all conference??
And to you Alecia, I don't know ISHA rules, but you are probably right. The problem here is how dirty they did the female coach. All the players loved her and she would not take any crap from the other coaches. And who is behind all this bullshit???? RICHARD GLODICH!!!!!!!!!!
Coaches can't vote for their own players, Einstein.
The opposing coaches select which kids are all-conference. You want to punish a player because her dad happens to be a coach? Shame on you.
Wowee

Herrin, IL

#108 Nov 15, 2013
Johnny Ringo wrote:
<quoted text>
Coaches can't vote for their own players, Einstein.
The opposing coaches select which kids are all-conference. You want to punish a player because her dad happens to be a coach? Shame on you.
. Johnny, your beating a dead horse here. These fools are just pissed because they don't have all- conference for being water boy. I'm sure not one of these whiners would have a clue which end of the bat to hold let alone know which hand to put a glove on .
none of your business

Wayzata, MN

#109 Nov 15, 2013
I find it hilarious that these posts can be tracked and since a full name has been used I sure hope the persons whose name keeps coming up in full, files grievances against whomever is writing these posts. But I am sure everyone probably has a good idea who it is.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Home Rule Vote November 4th 3 hr overtaxed 51
Dollar General 4 hr truth 3
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr KiMerde 49,868
Miranda's on main 4 hr WF Local 39
stetion dial (Mar '14) 5 hr smh 51
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 6 hr Corrupt Democrats 1,929
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 14 hr Correct 4,032
•••
•••
•••

Christopher Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Christopher People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Christopher News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Christopher