Benton Boys/Girls BB
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
observer

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Dec 30, 2012
What are their records this year? With the sports page going by the way side, I haven't heard or seen a whole lot of coverage about either team. Details?
jaybird

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Dec 31, 2012
boys 10-1 girls 1-10.
lefty

Ballwin, MO

#3 Jan 1, 2013
what
out of towner

Sesser, IL

#4 Jan 1, 2013
jaybird wrote:
boys 10-1 girls 1-10.
Think that is closer to the reverse of that??????
poster

Des Moines, IA

#5 Jan 15, 2013
Boys about 6-10 and Girls about 16-7
sure thing

United States

#6 Jan 15, 2013
If the Benton Evening News didn't suck these days, we just might get some coverage of our town. They prefer to highlight Marion,Herrin,JC,Instead of focusing on Benton News!
poster

United States

#7 Jan 22, 2013
Boys won a couple during the BIT but unsure of up to date record. Girls haven't lost since Christmas tournament but don't know their record either but have won over 15.
old sid

Ontonagon, MI

#8 Jan 24, 2013
No fans,do not care, no players,do not work at it,never be the same,might as well give up, benton basketball is now just like all the other teams. When i moved to benton, there was nothing like it. higgerson can play, but he tries to do it himself. I hear the oxford boy in the 8th grade is a pretty good player. Will he play on the varsity next year?
poster

United States

#9 Jan 25, 2013
Girls 18-5, Boys 8-14...
Tell the Truth

Marion, IL

#10 Jan 27, 2013
Another 2 losses for the boys team this weekend.
poster

United States

#11 Feb 3, 2013
Rich Herrin Classis: girls win, boys lose in ot. Girls get win #20. First time in a long time.
WENEEDLEFFLER

Benton, IL

#12 Feb 4, 2013
OXFORDS GONNA START. Him and nathan higgins will have a shoot out while they loose.lol
Roundball

Carterville, IL

#13 Feb 4, 2013
I think if I were Oxford or Wills and all the rest of the jr. high team,I would be looking elsewhere to play.Benton's basketball program is in shambles right now with no end in sight.
Gabber

Marshfield, MO

#14 Feb 19, 2013
Will the boys team win the regional.1
gadd

Benton, IL

#15 Feb 20, 2013
50/50 chance of winning tonight. If they win 0% against Harrisburg Thursday night.
JFK

Herrin, IL

#16 Feb 22, 2013
You have no talent in the basketball program at the varsity level, and you say it's in shambles? Most schools with an enrollment of +/- 500 go through huge talent shifts, it's all part of a cycle.

Next year, they will win 10 or so games, but the year after, watch out, this Frosh/8th grade group will be a lot of fun to watch.
Old fan

Marshfield, MO

#17 Feb 24, 2013
It is strange That we had no cycles from 1965 to 1984 .and the wheel hard been invented.
Roundball

Marion, IL

#18 Mar 10, 2013
JFK wrote:
You have no talent in the basketball program at the varsity level, and you say it's in shambles? Most schools with an enrollment of +/- 500 go through huge talent shifts, it's all part of a cycle.
Next year, they will win 10 or so games, but the year after, watch out, this Frosh/8th grade group will be a lot of fun to watch.
Have you seen how our varsity coach acts?And how he lets his players act.I hope the 7th and 8th grade boys have good attitudes instilled in themselves ,because they won't be taught anything about good attitudes or sportsmanship from the present coaches regime at the high school.
Old fan

Marshfield, MO

#19 Mar 10, 2013
It not going to make any difference ,because there is no light at the end and they do not care enough to make any changes.
Old glory

Marshfield, MO

#20 Mar 11, 2013
The glory days of benton basketball is history. The players could care less, likewise with the coaches. But, most of all the school board and others in charge care even less .this would have not been tolerated in the glory years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kiley Smith!!!! 17 hr Poisonivy 3
Poor poor Kimmy Tue Real talk 187
Blond in 4 door white jeep Tue Idddddiiittttt 5
little league ball coaches Mon truth 5
hottest girls??? Mon guess 18
true or false: Meth found in Alicia Garners new... Aug 21 Jeseeka 1
Friend Aug 21 Uuknowtoo 1

Christopher Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance