gypsies in benton true or untrue??
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
hmmm

Carterville, IL

#128 Mar 5, 2014
skankfort wrote:
<quoted text> ain't no bowling a gypsy lol...... Stanley's are not to be messed with people..
you are so right! do not mess with stanleys or coopers..they will scam you or out right rob ya in the blink of an eye
yeah buddy

Frankfort, IL

#129 Mar 5, 2014
Boneyard woods, my grandmother was married to Rhodell Cooper, hard worker, meaner than hell, but loved her and all of us
True

Edwardsville, IL

#130 Mar 5, 2014
There were some Kellys in Benton. I knew the old man. He passed away two years ago the same day my grandpa died and they were best friends and next door neighbors. I know he has a son but I am not sure where he is.
huh

Kansas City, MO

#131 Mar 5, 2014
yeah buddy wrote:
Boneyard woods, my grandmother was married to Rhodell Cooper, hard worker, meaner than hell, but loved her and all of us
rhodell is my grandmas younger brother....
dontknowjack

United States

#132 Mar 6, 2014
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
you are so right! do not mess with stanleys or coopers..they will scam you or out right rob ya in the blink of an eye
how do you know have they robbed you? Get your facts straight before you start runnin your mouth... we all stick together its called being a Stanley!!!!!!
doppler

Marion, IL

#133 Mar 8, 2014
read a book wrote:
if a "gypsy" claims to be a "gypsy", they aren't. they are called roma or romani. no roma would want to be called a gypsy or call themselves gypsies. just read the freaking wikipedia article. there are no such thing are gypsy royalty, and they sure wouldn't have names like cooper because the roma have roots in india and currently most currently live in eastern and southern europe. so they would have names that reflect that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
there are several families of gypsies in Benton, and it is true one was a Queen last name Cooper. she died late seventies early eighties, the was news coverage at the time. people come from allover the world for the funeral. the families are good people well respected and no different than anyone else. I hope you are aware that Wikipedia is not the greatest place to get your information. as is evident by your statement anybody can be an authority there without providing any kind of credentials.
Jami

Enfield, IL

#134 May 17, 2014
Just so you know we're everywhere and no where family that practice the tradition have long past now us younger ones only speak the language were all just like you just with more heritage and I think this is a stupid post for topix and half the family everyone has named are married in just for the recorded I live in Benton so yes we're here
yup

United States

#135 May 17, 2014
veterain wrote:
<quoted text>
the celebration is for one who use to be Queen,their are several families of the,locally,have been for years. they are usually upstanding ,good neighbors.
you will notice the graves of their lovedones every memorial day, they are elaborately decorated with flowers.
usually have beautiful flowers out.
roma i believe

Enfield, IL

#137 Aug 19, 2014
My family is Williams and I am looking for my family I was conceived and then my mother was wisked away to hide it. Now I'm back in southern Illinois and looking for my family. If anyone can help I would appriciate it.
um ok

Murphysboro, IL

#138 Aug 19, 2014
roma i believe wrote:
My family is Williams and I am looking for my family I was conceived and then my mother was wisked away to hide it. Now I'm back in southern Illinois and looking for my family. If anyone can help I would appriciate it.
Is your grandma Betty Williams?
Cooper kin

Oswego, IL

#139 Sep 5, 2014
LMAO wrote:
TIMMY THE TOOTH is not a HAMMOND thats w
orse than being a GYPSY!!!!! HAHAHA
Rhoadell cooper was my great grandfather and my grandmother just said this is true about hammonds
Cooper kin

Oswego, IL

#140 Sep 5, 2014
yeah buddy wrote:
Rhoadell Cooper was my great grandfather who was your grandma?
Cooper kin

Oswego, IL

#141 Sep 5, 2014
huh wrote:
<quoted text> rhodell is my grandmas younger brother....
Rhodell was my great grandfather was your grandma my aunt funny?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christopher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Upton Clan (Sep '12) 50 min funny 31
Scotty Cooper 2 hr duke 4
Benton needs a new city hall?!?! 2 hr Hmmm 10
who has hepatitis in christopher 2 hr nasty crotches 1
Bath salts Thu gmayo 2
Why did Cheer Gym in Benton move? Jun 29 flipfastics is a ... 2
j.t. Jun 28 Mary 15
More from around the web

Christopher People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE