Corning Inc. abusing Worker's Rights

Corning Inc. abusing Worker's Rights

Posted in the Christiansburg Forum

Corning Employee

Sulphur Springs, TX

#1 Aug 13, 2009
We are letting the public know how Corning is treating their employees. Back in March, Corning moved their employees from 12 hour swing shift to 5 days a week at 8 hour swing shift. They said when business picks back up they would return to 12 hour swings so people could get back to their normal lives with their families. Recently Corning has went back to full strength and management said the employees coould return to 12 hour swing shift if they give up their union bargaining rights. The employees said no and they forced them to go to 7 days a week 8 hour swings. They are trying to bargain the employees rights to grievances and policies and hold their lives with their families hostage.
Wild Bill

Roy, WA

#2 Aug 31, 2009
Hang in there!! Your fight proves that companies don't care about there employees, it shows that all they care about is their bonuases! What they don't relize is that without us, they have no job as well!!
church goer

Sulphur Springs, TX

#3 Aug 31, 2009
aman that
hereweare

Floyd, VA

#4 Nov 15, 2011
My step dad is an employee there and I've heard they are pretty brutal at times with people taking breaks and or bathroom breaks and people being so many seconds and or a minute late....these poor people who struggle and take this type of treatment because they have bills to pay and a family to take care of, not to mention that awful schedule they work, swing shifts and 12hrs?...whew! How do these people know wether they are coming or going. Businesses are ruthless anymore....I have family that has worked in factorys, industries, etc for years and I heard lots of negative. But they completely do not care what your complaints or problems are with the company....you've got 2 choices..... keep your mouth shut & work or get out the door
seriously

Princeton, WV

#5 Jan 14, 2012
really be glad you have jobs,what its ok to be late?
union jobs are for those who want a job they can get away with everything because it takes a whole lotto be firedfrom a union job.
you dont like your job give it up to the thousands who need one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiansburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
henry Arrington 4 hr chatcher 4
Ashley Poff (Dec '12) Fri Get real Ashley 18
Christian Kinder Jun 22 hesaconman 2
Paula Cozort Jun 21 Billybobsbikerider 1
Giles co CPS lies Jun 21 iisbitchdeal 4
Clarence E. Sherman (C J Sherman) (Feb '12) Jun 20 Grad98 7
Looking for a Lady Jun 19 Billybobsbikerider 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Christiansburg Mortgages