Charles Abner Ritchey Jr.

Posted in the Christiansburg Forum

Jimmy Isaac

Tyler, TX

#1 May 8, 2011
http://www.news-journal.com/news/police/artic...

By JIMMY ISAAC jisaac@news-journal.com Longview News-Journal | 3 comments

Authorities say when 62-year-old Charles Abner Richey Jr. approached who he thought was a 14-year-old girl for sex at a Longview truck stop, he told her, "You didn't think I'd come, did you?"

Apparently, Richey thought police would not arrive either, as the woman he thought was a 14-year-old was actually an undercover police officer.

Longview police apprehended the Christianburg, Va., man about 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the Texas Best Smokehouse and truck stop in the 3300 block of South Eastman Road.

The arrest culminated a more-than-two-week online operation in which police detective Kevin Brownlee posed as a 14-year-old girl who lured Richey into email correspondence, court records showed Friday.

Precinct 1 Justice of the Peace B.H. Jameson set Richey's bond at $200,000. He remained Friday in the Gregg County Jail, charged with online solicitation of a minor, a second-degree felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison and a $10,000 fine upon conviction.

Brownlee said Richey engaged in numerous sexually explicit emails with him, posing as a young girl, and eventually asked to meet him at Texas Best Smokehouse and engage in sexual intercourse with him and his wife.

When Richey approached the undercover officer at the truck stop, he said, "You didn't think I'd come, did you?" and handed her a fraudulent birth certificate that showed her age to be 24, records showed.
David Simpson

Longview, TX

#2 May 10, 2011
Why haven't any Virginia news organizations reported this story?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiansburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny's in Christiansburg (Oct '13) 15 hr yeah right 8
gateway 21 hr maybe get lucky 1
Katie byrd (Jul '12) Sat byrdistheword 6
emotions confused Fri confused 24
Kratom Jan 23 kratom guy 2
Kratom Jan 23 Doll 1
Any Body no Timothy McCoy aka Junior (Dec '10) Jan 23 countryswag 2
Christiansburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web