I'm 37 weeks pregnant and have questi...

I'm 37 weeks pregnant and have questions for other local moms!

Posted in the Christiansburg Forum

Kitty

Riner, VA

#1 Nov 28, 2011
Hey other mamas! This is my first (and hopefully only..) child. If any of you could give me some advice I'd greatly appreciate it.

Who was your OB?

What hospital did you deliver at?

Did you have vaginal or c-section delivery?

How would you rate the staff at the hospital/birthing center? Friendly/understanding/etc?

Did you take pain medication during birth?(epidural, spine block, IV narcotics, none at all?)

Did you continue to take pain medication after the birth (if so, was it for the duration of your stay or did you also take home some?)

Did/do you breast feed?

Who is your pediatrician? Do you like them?

Any advice for a woman about to have a baby?

Thanks!
wondering

Church Hill, VA

#2 Dec 5, 2011
I would hope with you being almost ready to deliver you would have already investigated much of this already.
Helper

United States

#3 Dec 8, 2011
I will be glad to give you some breast feeding practice.

“USS Bainbridge CGN-25”

Since: Jun 11

San Diego Pier 5

#4 Dec 8, 2011
wondering wrote:
I would hope with you being almost ready to deliver you would have already investigated much of this already.
You would think so, huh?
Momma to 2 Boys

Natural Bridge, VA

#5 Dec 8, 2011
My first child was delivered in BSG. My second was delivered at NCH in Norton. In Big Stone the nurses were very friendly and helpful. But at Norton Community they were very grouchy and hateful. I had my first child all natural. It was very painful. But my second I had an epidural. And it was a lifesaver. After you take the baby home, and you bond with your baby, everything comes very natural. You know when they are hungry, need to be changed, held, or sleepy. And while you are in the hospital, the nurses will try to push you into keeping your baby on a feeding schedule, but please dont. I tried it with my first child and I was miserable and so was the baby. Let your baby eat untill he or she is full. If not you will never get to sleep.. If you do the schedule you will have to get up and feed every 2 to 3 hours. But if you let your baby eat untill it gets full, it will sleep longer and not be as fussy. Yes I took the pain medicine.. but why wouldnt you? You just had a baby. You will be very sore. I was for a couple weeks. They will give you medicine to take home as well. It depends on the doctor how many. They gave me enough to last a week with my first one. But I tore really bad, too. As for baby doctors, I take both of mine to Dr. Potter for now. But I am changing. He is a piece of crap. If your child is sick he wont give medicine or run any tests. Make sure to do your Kegals excersizes to tighten that thang back up lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiansburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheena walker (Sep '14) 1 hr James k 16
christiansburg high school tale (Oct '09) Sat SACG 11
Opinions on Mark Young Jul 17 Crispy 1
Places to meet Jul 16 Pat 4
Anyone know where Pamela Page is these days (Sep '15) Jul 15 Old friend 8
Arrests made Jul 11 Racist jim 3
Eric Cumbee and Cheyenne Sevy (Dec '10) Jul 8 Esc 49

Christiansburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance