Chiefs want DAs to oust Williamson sh...

Chiefs want DAs to oust Williamson sheriff

There are 11 comments on the The Tennessean story from Feb 9, 2007, titled Chiefs want DAs to oust Williamson sheriff. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

Two police chiefs in Williamson County say Sheriff Ricky Headley should resign and have spoken with local prosecuting attorneys about ousting him from office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

I TOLD YOU SO

United States

#1 Feb 11, 2007
HEADLEY NEEDS TO RESIGN AND THE COUNTY COMMISSION NEEDS TO APPOINT SOMEONE OUTSIDE THE AGENCY TO RUN THE DEPARTMENT UNTIL THE NEXT ELECTION. THE PUBLIC NEEDS TO KNOW THE DEPARTMENT IS PILL FREE. MAYBE DERREL CAGLE WILL BE ASKED (WE HOPE) TO RUN THE DEPARTMENT. HE RAN AGAINST HEADLEY IN THE 2006 ELECTION.HE TRIED TO TELL THE VOTERS WHAT RICKY HEADLEY WAS. THEY WOULDN'T LISTEN. HE WORKED AT THE SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT FOR 25 YEARS BEFORE HEADLEY BLEW IN TO OFFICE AND GOT RID OF THE STRAIGHT UP DEPUTIES. ASK AROUND, CAGLE IS HONEST,HARD-WORKING AND FAIR, HE WOULD BE A GOOD PICK TO RUN THAT OFFICE,, JUST DONT ASK HEADLEY SUPPORTERS!!
Chris Lyons

White House, TN

#2 Apr 24, 2007
Wha is this world coming to when your sheriff is doing more drugs than the people who get locked up for it!I guess this all gets swept under the carpet because he is a white elected prominent figure. I hope he is not going to be down at my kids school running the D.A.R.E. program anytime soon!! God bless America! Shamrock
Blondie

Franklin, TN

#3 Jun 1, 2007
Should Ricky Headley be ousted from office? Heck yes he should!! If I were caught red handed breaking the law (especially one I had campaigned on and promised to uphold) I would be fired. Why shouldn't he? The sheriff should be held to a higher standard. He's supposed to be a role model. Now I have to convince my teenager that drugs are STILL not the cool thing to do, even though the SHERIFF does them! As a voter, I strongly resent being placed in that position by a weak power hungry politician who can't uphold his own campaign promises.
Rob

Nashville, TN

#4 Jun 7, 2007
This is another example of someone committing a crime and being shown favoritism. How many people has he locked up for drugs? I would bet he isn't the only one to illegaly purchase drugs, he's just one who got caught. He will more than likely get juust a slap on the wrist. This is not fair
Careful in Franklin

Nashville, TN

#5 Jul 1, 2007
Headley has not been indited for one thing at this point. You all should watch your uneducated mouths. Crime is down 14% in Williamson County and we should take a breath before we convict the wrong guy!
Paradox

Nashville, TN

#6 Aug 28, 2007
Headley admmitted to illegaly purchasing those drugs. Another case of law enforcement privilege. Do the crime but don't do the time.If it were anyone else I'm sure you'd want them to fry.
Former Deputy

Madisonville, TN

#7 Aug 29, 2007
Maybe you don't know Cagle the way you think you do. I know from experience that he is a womanizer and not a good person. When he was at Wiliamson under Lecates he fired alot of good male Deputies and passed over others just to hire females with big hooters with no experience just to get into thier pants.
I TOLD YOU SO wrote:
HEADLEY NEEDS TO RESIGN AND THE COUNTY COMMISSION NEEDS TO APPOINT SOMEONE OUTSIDE THE AGENCY TO RUN THE DEPARTMENT UNTIL THE NEXT ELECTION. THE PUBLIC NEEDS TO KNOW THE DEPARTMENT IS PILL FREE. MAYBE DERREL CAGLE WILL BE ASKED (WE HOPE) TO RUN THE DEPARTMENT. HE RAN AGAINST HEADLEY IN THE 2006 ELECTION.HE TRIED TO TELL THE VOTERS WHAT RICKY HEADLEY WAS. THEY WOULDN'T LISTEN. HE WORKED AT THE SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT FOR 25 YEARS BEFORE HEADLEY BLEW IN TO OFFICE AND GOT RID OF THE STRAIGHT UP DEPUTIES. ASK AROUND, CAGLE IS HONEST,HARD-WORKING AND FAIR, HE WOULD BE A GOOD PICK TO RUN THAT OFFICE,, JUST DONT ASK HEADLEY SUPPORTERS!!
Wth

Nashville, TN

#8 Sep 5, 2007
Careful in Franklin wrote:
Headley has not been indited for one thing at this point. You all should watch your uneducated mouths. Crime is down 14% in Williamson County and we should take a breath before we convict the wrong guy!
lots of innocent guys have been convicted,because they are males. headley admitted to
a b in florida

Gibsonton, FL

#9 Oct 5, 2007
hypocrite
luvjennifer

Franklin, TN

#10 Oct 24, 2007
Careful in Franklin wrote:
Headley has not been indited for one thing at this point. You all should watch your uneducated mouths. Crime is down 14% in Williamson County and we should take a breath before we convict the wrong guy!
now that we have had a breath, don't you feel like the biggest idiot? porr fool.....long live CAGLE
Pradox

Nashville, TN

#11 Oct 26, 2007
Wth wrote:
<quoted text> lots of innocent guys have been convicted,because they are males. headley admitted to
True

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No family can Live on $15.00 an Hour. Vote Demo... Sun NTMD8OR 7
Pain Management Center's (Sep '11) Apr 22 PDJ 7
Good dentist in town? Apr 18 Townie676 1
Lascassas Baseball Fight Apr 14 Coco 2
Lady Janes Haircuts for men Apr 13 John Doe 2
Tattoos please!! Apr 4 I_just_want_ink 1
Ryan Brady (Jan '10) Apr 1 Hmm 7

Christiana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Christiana Mortgages