'Cover' Tips make start of school easier for families

There are 3 comments on the Murfreesboro Post story from Aug 7, 2008, titled 'Cover' Tips make start of school easier for families. In it, Murfreesboro Post reports that:

Area children have one more week to enjoy summer vacation as public schools in Rutherford County register this week before starting classes next Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Murfreesboro Post.

Grandmother

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Aug 10, 2008
My family moved to Murfreesboro a year ago. My granddaughter attended Rockvale Elementary and will start school tomorrow at the new Rockvale Middle School as an 8th grader. I am absolutely shocked at the lack of organization and communication. On Friday, a 2-hour day, it was thought that the students would receive their schedules and learn the layout of the school, hear about the dress code, etc. Instead, they sat in the gym and learned about the discipline code, and while that's important information, the day was a total dud. Monday should be chaotic. With a new school, headed by a new principal, there should have been better organization. There were months in which to prepare. The students don't know where or when to catch the bus, they don't know the school layout, and while there was an open house recently, many students were out of town or unaware. My granddaughter was out of town visiting a sick relative. Her parents went to the open house which they said did not give them any information whatsoever. What a shame. The new principal and his staff missed an opportunity to shine and make Rockvale Middle School an outstanding school that the students could get excited about. They are currently let down, let me tell you.
madee in tn

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Aug 10, 2008
Hi Grandmother! I am also a granny and pretty concerned. My grandkids go to Mitchell-Neilsen in the 'Boro and they have to wear uniforms this year. Well, my daughter waited for tax free week end to get them and they were no where to be found. I just about had a heat stroke last weekend searching in store after store. None of the stores the schools recommended had them in stock, nor had any garments that would suffice. I regret not having prepared and bought these uniforms earlier, now. My daughter was given the impression by the school that it would be easy to get them at just about any store. As my daughter is a divorced mom of three, a full time college student herself and works just about full time, it's not like she had time to run to N'ville. Until the shipments come in at those stores Mitchell Neilsen recommended, my grandkids are going to school in regular clothes. I am very apprehensive about the reception they will receive tomorrow. I hope there will be a grace period....If not, they are going to get an earful from this irate granny!

Since: Jun 07

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Aug 16, 2008
Well, there is a grace period for these uniforms. However, thank goodness for WalMart which had the polo shirts in the appropriate colors, so with khaki shorts and skirts, my grandkids were good to go!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stones river property management (Jan '10) 5 hr Jamestheduke21 31
nhk 6 hr Interested worker 6
Review: Mr. Expert... Major Appliance Repair Se... Thu erik johnson 1
News Crime Briefs: Grand jury to hear case of man dr... Thu LaVergne Resident 1
Review: Renew Hair Salon (Feb '13) May 19 LISA 2
Vasectomy info May 17 Big Daddy 1
Seeking data-Lakewood Park-Beechgrove, TN (Feb '07) May 17 Donna 220
More from around the web

Christiana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE