Is Murfreesboro a good place to live?
War Machine

United States

#42 May 31, 2011
If you want the benefits of Murfreesboro without all the hassle and ridiculous congestion, live in Smyrna or Lascassas. Smyrna is great, but it is growing like crazy as well and is on it's way to being over crowded. Murfreesboro has far exceeded it's limits and as "Lora" said earlier, there was little to no planning to handle the influx of people that have moved there in the last 10-15 yrs. Another great choice in the area that is up and coming is Mt. Juliet. The Providence area is very much like the Avenues in Murfreesboro and generally much less crowded and much less annoying.
Relocating

Corinth, MS

#43 Jun 1, 2011
What are the best elementary schools in M'boro? Are there any schools to stay away from?
James D

Bowling Green, KY

#44 Jun 11, 2011
Only great if you spend 24-7 shopping or driving from one part of town to another.
Oakland HS

Murfreesboro, TN

#45 Jun 27, 2011
I live in Lascassas. Murfreesboro is populated, and the schools are just as bad. I go to Murfreesboro almost everyday, due to the fact Lascassas only has a elementary school. But there are nice parts of Murfreesboro. I recommend living in the Siegel area.
Relocating

Corinth, MS

#46 Jun 28, 2011
What about the blackman area?
Jusy my opinion

Pflugerville, TX

#47 Jul 8, 2011
My husband, two teenagers and I relocated to Murfreesboro from W.Tennessee ten years ago. We LOVE it here. I would suggest the Blackman area. The schools are great, loads of shopping and restaurants nearby too. Hope this helps...
kim

United States

#48 Jul 9, 2011
murfreesboro is a corrupt police state,police and county deputies are very corrupt and abusive,inmates found murdered in jail,sheriffs deputies charged with homiside of innocent little girls,the cops around here are filfley scumbags.
Blank

Big Stone Gap, VA

#49 Jul 13, 2011
Mary wrote:
I personally do not like Murfreesboro. It's nasty and congested. It is a college town and not only are there sex offenders there (which they live everywhere by the way) but also sexual predators pouncing on young, innocent college kids and turning them into gay puppets and sex toys. Also, the kids now a days are lazy, rude and think we owe them everything and you get that all over cities like Murfreesboro. That's just my opinion, you asked so take it for what it is...just an opinion. I don't want to offend anyone, just wanted to voice my 2 cents.
Actually...the vast majority of sexual predators and pedophiles are NOT gay, but are heteresexual. LOL...did you get your "data" from the Sarah Palin/Michelle Bachmann/Marsha Blackburne source?
lito

Cainta, Philippines

#50 May 25, 2012
Currently I'm living here in the Philippines, hopefully my visa will coming out late this year. I am petitioned by an employer here in Tennessee and they plan to place me in Murfreesboro. What should I expect in that city, I have a family with two kids. Honestly, I'm pretty nervous and excited to my new life. Please advise what to do.
roytten

Murfreesboro, TN

#51 May 25, 2012
Murfreesboro is a turd - so is Rutherford county. Ridden with crime; MT has an incredibly high crime rate, amongst other problems. I'd steer clear. Moved away two years ago. Thank god everyday.
Jack Dolph

Murfreesboro, TN

#53 May 26, 2012
The 'boro ain't what it used to be. Too many immigrants came in, and now we have Mexicans raping everybody, Somalians driving the wrong way on the roads killing people, Arabs building terrorist training camps, all on top of our usual ghetto gang bangers doing home invasions and shooting people everywhere. You have the pay by the month cheap hotels harboring scores of sex offenders in one place, literally hundreds of them between 3 or 4 hotels off exit 81. The cops are crooked and drunkenly kill people and cover it up. The traffic is bad and the road construction is pointless. They dont fix the bad roads yet build bridges to nowhere. On top of that the area is very religious and politically correct so ya get all the good ole christian hypocrites in power raising a society of entitled whiny little bitches outta all the white kids. Plus the 'boro is smack in the middle of the new tornado alley, as we've shattered previous records of tornados for the previous decade in any single given year the last 4 years. On top of that the nighife is non existant. You get all the hassles of the big city with no small town charm. If you want to grab a bite or a drink better do it before 11pm, else yer S.O.L... And ya know what that means.
HEEEEYYYY!!!!
Looking to Rent

Murfreesboro, TN

#55 Feb 6, 2013
Does anyone know where to rent a place in this townthat doesnt take our credit history into consideration? I have never had such a hard time finding a place to live anywhere. I am looking for a house if possible and I have pets. I moved here from Kentucky for a nw job and my family and I are currently living in a hotel. Really need help finding some place.
Monfrair

Yonkers, NY

#56 Feb 7, 2013
Does anyone know anything about going sw of Murfreesboro instead of going north to Lascassus? What is Bell Buckle and Christina like?
crckrjck96

Sevierville, TN

#57 Feb 10, 2013
Stop pointing fingers wrote:
I need some help! My husband our kids and I might be moving there for my husbands work. I have noticed there is alot of sex offenders in this area. Is this a major problem in your town. Is there a "bad" part of town that we should stay away from. Should we move somewhere outside of Murfreesboro? Any information that someone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
The north side of Mboro is the most sought after and has the school everyone wants in Siegal Schools, second to that would be the Blackman area. Traffic is horrible on the south side around Church St and stay away from Cason Ln area traffic is bad there also. I have lived in all these areas and the North side is the best and least traffic

“Booyah!”

Since: Jun 09

Laramie, WY

#58 Feb 16, 2013
Lived in the 'boro for 3 years , 2004 - 2007.

Overall , I loved it , but it seemed to be growing at too fast of a pace. The area in which I lived (Cason Lane area , off of I-24 , west of the Kroger) just EXPLODED in the three years I was there. The traffic , especially at the Cason/Old Fort Pkwy intersection , was a nightmare. It was very nice and quiet in '04 , and by the time I left 3 years later , it was more congested than most parts of Nashville.

I liked having Stones River Mall nearby , the golf course farther down Old Fort Pkwy , and the rec center. I loved the downtown "square" , especially the "City Cafe". Not too much nightlife going on downtown , which was surprising with MTSU in town.

There are a few shady areas I would avoid , like the Church St./I-24 area and all the sleazy motels down there , and the area around the hospital (Greenfield St. I believe it was).

Overall , Murfreesboro has more positive going for it than negative. Just realize that it is no longer a small , Southern town. If you're locating to M'boro , but want a more rural setting , try the Walter Hill area just outside the eastern side of the city.
Hadley

Smyrna, TN

#59 Jun 6, 2013
We live near Franklin right off of 96 and we absolutely Love it you are near 840 which has little to no traffic and easy access to town I highly recommend the area near Franklin
in the light

Columbia, SC

#60 Jun 12, 2013
Murfreesboro use to be a good place to live, I've lived here all my life.But to much bull here now, they are bringing in to many foreignera and outer states here and letting muslims have rights over their own.So I have my worst opinion on Murfreesboro now.The people are not like they use to be, anything goes now just look at the way people are raising their children, or should I say how they are not raising them.Most parents now let their kids raise theirselves.There is no respect in Murfreesboro these days.And the worst part of this city its all about money to those in the city offices they sit in their office and see how they can screw the people out of money.Terriable,terriable, place to be these days.
ABC

Murfreesboro, TN

#61 Nov 30, 2013
Stop pointing fingers wrote:
I need some help! My husband our kids and I might be moving there for my husbands work. I have noticed there is alot of sex offenders in this area. Is this a major problem in your town. Is there a "bad" part of town that we should stay away from. Should we move somewhere outside of Murfreesboro? Any information that someone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I live in the northern part of Murfreesboro near Siegal and out here it is great there isn't much traffic although a new walmart is being built which will bring more traffic though convience too. There is something awesome being built in Murfreesboro all the time and it is not secluded to one area (although a good amount is on Medical Center parkway where a hospital and medical plaza's just got built). In fact there is a very good night life in Murfreesboro and growing fast due to MTSU (local univeristy) now having enrollment of over 20,000. Like any good size town there are bad parts of town but nothing bad enough to where a would be scared to go through at night(like some places in Nashville and Laverne). Overall I would consider the North side of Murfreesboro because your less than a 10 minute drive of everthing you could possible want and 5 minutes away from the country side. Hope this helps.
MUEF TURF

Smyrna, TN

#62 Dec 1, 2013
ABC is spot on. Everything said is 100% true. I live in the north end by the Siegal high School and love it.
moving soon

Fitzgerald, GA

#63 Dec 9, 2013
MUEF TURF wrote:
ABC is spot on. Everything said is 100% true. I live in the north end by the Siegal high School and love it.
i am thinking of moving to be close by the veterans hospital in murfreesboro, within 10 miles of the hospital would be convenient, i want a safe, quite, laid back area, could you provide me what towns meet that criteria

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Luttrell exploring police options (Jan '09) Fri Have Mercy 3
YOU can stop the Mosque by desecrating the site... (Mar '11) Fri Wow 113
mccormick trucking cmpany (Feb '10) Sep 19 Xemployee 91
Murfreesboro housing Sep 19 American 2
News Jail Administrator Charged With Having Sex With... (Apr '11) Sep 18 Tex 54
Robert Krajci is a narcissistic abuser women be... Sep 18 Concernedperson16 1
family law attorney (Nov '14) Sep 15 Faylinn 9

Christiana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance