Is Murfreesboro a good place to live?
taylor_G14

Murfreesboro, TN

#22 Oct 1, 2010
murfreesboro isnt the best place...aside from the gangs and sex offenders its managable and on't talk to the hobo's or go in to ditches...i go to oakland and it is filled with gangs i do not recommend murfreesboro but it isnt that bad...
CROSSING JORDON

United States

#23 Nov 14, 2010
IF YOU HAVE TEENAGE DAUTHERS,OR YOU A SINGLE WOMAN,DONT MOVE ANYWHERE IN RUTHERFORD COUNTY,THE SHERIFFS DEPT IS CORRUPT AS HELL,THE DEPUTIES ARE ALLOWED BY LAW THERE TO BIND A WOMAN IN PREP TO RAPE HER,IF THE POLICE PULL OVER A FEMALE,AND THE OFFICER HAS INTENT ON RAPING YOU,YOU CANNOT RESIST BEING BOUND AND RAPE,UNDER THERE LAW,YOU MUST COMPLY WITH HIS DEMANDS TO BIND YOU,THIS IS INSANE,BUT TRUE,STAY AWAY FROM RUTHERFORD COUNTY..
reed

Greer, SC

#24 Nov 15, 2010
I've been in boro for 9 years. It used to be ok. Now its just overcrowded and getting mean. Alot of crime goes unreported because town officials don't want to scare people away. Its almost everyday you hear sirens and see something on the news about mboro. And it will not get better. Home breakins are happening more around here. That how it is. When a town grows,so do the problems(crime) we are trying to move asap. Take a day and drive the surrounding areas of Nashville and you will find a much better,quieter,safer place to live.
taylor_G14

Murfreesboro, TN

#25 Dec 16, 2010
i lived in murfreesboro my whole life,i am currently attending central magnet school.Murfreesboro does have alot of sex offenders but just follow the common stranger danger rules and you should be safe.It is a beautiful place i love the malls here.If you like country lascassas is good i go there alot.
cyo

Milton, TN

#26 Dec 16, 2010
move to Milton , it is about 20 miles out. Good school for younger kids and good churches
detective weaver

Murfreesboro, TN

#27 Jan 1, 2011
great place for drugs, and I'll bust your ass.
Ask the Brown family!
Newcomer 1

Bowling Green, KY

#28 Jan 1, 2011
Lora wrote:
<quoted text>Murfreesboro is very congested and absolutely no planning when it comes to new housing, schools, etc. I would suggest the Smyrna area, I have lived there for 20 years now and love it. I work in Murfreesboro and thank God every day I don't live there! Traffic flow from Smyrna to M'boro is great too, everyone else is going north to Nashville while you will be going south.
I agree with you. You gave great advice, hope she takes it.

Since: Sep 10

Murfreesboro, TN

#29 Jan 13, 2011
Murfreesboro is an awesome place to live. If you check Forbes.com you will see that Murfreesboro ranked #1 in the nation for the fastest growing city and check the rank for the "one of the best cities to live in". Come on down, you and your family will be fine. There are sex offenders everywhere, so don't judge or plant in your mind that "The Boro" is a bad place to live.

Since: Jan 11

Batavia, NY

#30 Jan 14, 2011
If you move there stay away from Saint Andrews Dr. apartments and Tennessee Park apartments on Mercury Blvd. The 37 year old pig that allegedly raped my 11 year old Grandaughter (for 4 years)lives there! He claims to be a Christian but never attended Church(in New York) until he moved there 5 years ago. He is a master manipulator he not only groomed this innocent little 66 lb. child, he also groomed the members of the church to fund all of his bail ($15,000)his attorney fees (3 of them)and all of his personal bills as well! Allowing him to not have to work for nearly a year after his arrest. My Grandaughter goes to this Church as well and she had to have a court appointed attorney imagine that! I would assume that this Church (House Of God) would put their money to better use than a child rapist. From what I have been told is that the church would rather see him walk than the church looking bad because one of their members was quilty of such a crime. The Church, Judges, and attorneys may try to get him off but I am very confident that the good citizens of Murfreesboro that are chosen for Jury duty will convict him of the crime that he commited in their city! O did I mention that the Judge is a Decon of a Church in Murfreesboro!
Mary

Darlington, SC

#31 Jan 15, 2011
I personally do not like Murfreesboro. It's nasty and congested. It is a college town and not only are there sex offenders there (which they live everywhere by the way) but also sexual predators pouncing on young, innocent college kids and turning them into gay puppets and sex toys. Also, the kids now a days are lazy, rude and think we owe them everything and you get that all over cities like Murfreesboro. That's just my opinion, you asked so take it for what it is...just an opinion. I don't want to offend anyone, just wanted to voice my 2 cents.
Sherry

La Vergne, TN

#32 Jan 20, 2011
I also moved here a few years ago with a job transfer. I did a lot of research on M'Boro and found it to be a decent place to live. After living here for a few years, I wish I hadn't moved here. The crime here is horrible, and home breakins are out of control. From what I hear, gangs are everywhere here and it's not a place to raise children. I have regretted my decision and wish I could go back and do it over again. I do find the Lascassas area one of the best places to live if you do choose to move here. I live there and have found it to be ok.
austin

Plano, TX

#33 Feb 10, 2011
I'm from Murfreesboro, but I've lived in the Tampa area and in Bowling Green, KY. Living in Tampa was nice, but I really like the feel of Murfreesboro(so do people I know - they compare it to other souther college towns). It's got good shopping, good schools, and the traffic isn't to bad once you learn your way around
Buzz944

Coronado, CA

#34 Mar 9, 2011
so is it a safe place to live & go to MTSU?
FYI

Ashland, KY

#35 Mar 13, 2011
As long as you don't move close to Mark Allen Ln where the dope clinic is.....
ashley

Lexington, KY

#36 Apr 13, 2011
hello! i am moving to murfreesboror next month from kentucky i am a single 24 year old woman who is moving out on my own for the first time i am familiar with murfreesboro b/c my uncle is in the va medical center down there i was wondering are there any good apartments that are affordable near old fort pkwy medical center pkwy somewhere near the walgreens on memorial boulvard or near stones river mall?
Boro

Murfreesboro, TN

#37 Apr 16, 2011
ashley wrote:
hello! i am moving to murfreesboror next month from kentucky i am a single 24 year old woman who is moving out on my own for the first time i am familiar with murfreesboro b/c my uncle is in the va medical center down there i was wondering are there any good apartments that are affordable near old fort pkwy medical center pkwy somewhere near the walgreens on memorial boulvard or near stones river mall?
Stoneridge Farms at Hillwood Apartments
Ritz

Murfreesboro, TN

#38 May 9, 2011
I have loved living in blackman area it's great.
bullett

Memphis, TN

#39 May 9, 2011
gangs from nashville have filtered into the boro big time?????
Muddy

Big Stone Gap, VA

#40 May 10, 2011
Steve wrote:
Murfreesboro is a GREAT place to raise a family. There are sex offenders all over the country. It's sad. Try to stick to the western part of Murfreesboro away from the college crowd. I do not see any advantage of choosing Smyrna over Murfreesboro.
As long as you are an evangelical "Christian" you will like it....any other faith and you are not welcome!! Freedom of religion does not apply in Murfreesboro!!

Monroe, NC

#41 May 29, 2011
Blackman area is great and safe! Love it here!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Russell sentenced Mon Bum Rap 3
Ladies......who knows Mike Rifkin??? Mon He is mine 30
bad eyes need help Mon donbrandy2013 1
False Flag Event cancelled Nov 17 Hopeful 2
*MISSING PERSONS* Stone Randall Rich Nov 17 Christy Bannon 2
Hidden Valley Lake (Jul '09) Nov 17 Tia 92
No family can Live on $15.00 an Hour. Vote Demo... (Mar '17) Nov 17 too late 23

Christiana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance