Since: Feb 07

Montgomery,IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

I need some help! My husband our kids and I might be moving there for my husbands work. I have noticed there is alot of sex offenders in this area. Is this a major problem in your town. Is there a "bad" part of town that we should stay away from. Should we move somewhere outside of Murfreesboro? Any information that someone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
madee in tn

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2007

Judged:

Murfreesboro is a big old country college town and I really think it is no more full of sex offenders than other parts of the state. If you like country living try looking around the Christiana/Fosterville area, Lascassas, or Woodbury areas. They are smaller communities within a 20min drive of Murfreesboro.

I have been living in this area 7 yrs now and I love it.
maire

Hermitage, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2007

Thinking about going to MTSU so I would also appreciate knowing more about the neighborhoods as I have not been here that long.
Lora

Paducah, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2007

Judged:

Stop pointing fingers wrote:
I need some help! My husband our kids and I might be moving there for my husbands work. I have noticed there is alot of sex offenders in this area. Is this a major problem in your town. Is there a "bad" part of town that we should stay away from. Should we move somewhere outside of Murfreesboro? Any information that someone can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Murfreesboro is very congested and absolutely no planning when it comes to new housing, schools, etc. I would suggest the Smyrna area, I have lived there for 20 years now and love it. I work in Murfreesboro and thank God every day I don't live there! Traffic flow from Smyrna to M'boro is great too, everyone else is going north to Nashville while you will be going south.
Steve

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2007

Judged:

Murfreesboro is a GREAT place to raise a family. There are sex offenders all over the country. It's sad. Try to stick to the western part of Murfreesboro away from the college crowd. I do not see any advantage of choosing Smyrna over Murfreesboro.
Karen

Cumberland City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

Judged:

Having been in this county for over 17 years and having reared my three children here. One currently in the military, one in high school and one in elementry school. I would not live any where else. It has been a great family environment. I have done some research and have found more sex offenders to be in other counties that are more rural. Sex offense is not confined to certain areas, just like substance abuse. When my children have asked me if a certain area is "bad" I have always told them that there is no area of Murfreesboro that I would not go to any hour of the day or night alone. I could not say that of Nashville.
Jerome Cullums

Clarksville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2007

Judged:

Too many people in Murfreesboro.
Dace Little

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

Judged:

Murfreesboro is a great town. However, there is not enough of a night life. There are sketchy parts of town, but not as rough as they would like you to think. If this bible town USA comes to town, I would not move here as it will be a black eye.
To whom does it matter

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2007

Judged:

Murfreesboro is a nice place to live. I moved here almost two years ago and its not to bad. Of course, we live away from MTSU, its a bit crowded in that area. The outskirts are pricer but nicer. The schools compared to Metro is great. Hope this helps.
Beedlebaby101

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

im moving to trevecca university in january , but i want to know what the area is like any comments , good or bad?
Beedlebaby101

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2007

im moving to trevecca university in january , and i want to know what the area is like over there , any comments , good or bad ?
Sharon Suttell

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2008

My husband and I and my daughter and her husband and 2 boys are moving to Murfreesboro TN in Sept.We are coming from The Pembroke Pines, Plantation area of Florida (Ft. lauderdale) My oldest daughter lives there with her family and loves it and my son lives in nashville. I do not necessarily need to live in Murfreesboro we can live in the outskirts. Any suggestions how far is Symrna from Murfreesboro i have driven through it but cannot remember.
mover

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2008

if you dont like it move again
Eddie

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2009

Judged:

I am currently living in Smryna but lived in the Nashville area for over 15 yrs..Murfreesboro is a "little big" college town. It has currently been experiencing a growth spurt for the last 3-5 yrs. lots of developement going on. Rutherford county has one of the top ratings in schools and education right now. I am getting ready to move to Lascassas which is the outskirts of Murfreesboro. and is about 10 miles out of murf. city limits.
I have been searching for the last 5 yrs. wherer to move to in tn. and im settling in Lascassas. My advice to anyone is Lascassas tn.
lakerfan

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

You're right about Lascassas Eddie. It's great out there.
Clyde Ferguson

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2009

Judged:

I'm not an expert on what areas are good and what are bad, but I do know that the 'King's Crossing' area on E. Northfield, areas off of Memorial close to the Nissan dealership, close to the main part of town, and in the Patterson Park area are hotspots for bad living area.

Also, I lived in Holly Park (now Alder Terrace), and it's an illegal/drug dealer haven.

And the area around Bentley Street is also a very bad area.

Other than that, Murfreesboro is a decent place to live. It's better than the small town I used to live in. The only thing is, you have to find a place to live where college kids, party people, drug dealers, illegals, etc don't live. There aren't many places like that, but if you look hard enough, you can find them.

And this is just from my experiences, I would actually love other people's opinions on the good spots in the Murfreesboro area. Also the surrounding cities, since I may be looking for a house soon and don't want to be stuck in a 15-30 year mortgage in a neighborhood I hate.

Since: Dec 08

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

I've lived in Murfreesboro all my life and I honestly love it. Of course there are good and bad areas but that can be said about any other growing city/town/community. The school system is really good and I believe is ranked very high in the state/nation. I used to live near MTSU but have since moved to the Barfield/Christiana area. This is an area that is growing also. I do encourage you to purchase a home in the outer areas, but not necessarily Smyrna.

You will have to determine what your preferences are. As far as sex offenders, they are everywhere and not just in Murfreesboro.
volfan12

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2009

Judged:

Beedlebaby101 wrote:
im moving to trevecca university in january , and i want to know what the area is like over there , any comments , good or bad ?
I am a member of Trevecca Nazarene Community Church and could not ask for a more loving and diverse church. The area is a rough area though. It is within a mile of a set of notorious crack infested projects and within a half mile of 4 very seedy motels and a truckstop. If you stay on campus all will be well but if you go off campus don't walk the neighborhood.
Art Scott

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2009

Judged:

I live and work in Murfreesboro area. I have lived in Nashville,Smyrna, and Murfreesboro and for me Murfreeboro is home. If you want information on schools and the area go to www.MlsListMyHome.com . If you need help finding a home let me know. I dont know the age of your boys but take a look at the school information on my site. Let me know if you need information any where in Middle TN.
Sharon Suttell wrote:
My husband and I and my daughter and her husband and 2 boys are moving to Murfreesboro TN in Sept.We are coming from The Pembroke Pines, Plantation area of Florida (Ft. lauderdale) My oldest daughter lives there with her family and loves it and my son lives in nashville. I do not necessarily need to live in Murfreesboro we can live in the outskirts. Any suggestions how far is Symrna from Murfreesboro i have driven through it but cannot remember.
Da Boro

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

It's a great place to live!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Christiana Discussions

Search the Christiana Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 6 min ORIGINAL WILLARD 144,466
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 3 hr thoughtful 9,246
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Tue doe resident 8,608
blondes (Dec '13) Tue freak 41
Dear Ashley Todd : Aug 13 Air_Force1 4
NHK Seating Aug 13 Craig 13
Amazon hiring fully underway in Middle Tennessee (May '12) Aug 12 answers 1,234
•••
•••
•••
•••

Christiana Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000