Amazon hiring fully underway in Middle Tennessee

May 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Business Journal

Online retail giant Amazon.com is kicking off the broad hiring push necessary to fill 1,000 jobs at distribution sites in Middle Tennessee.

Comments
1,201 - 1,220 of 1,235 Comments Last updated Tuesday Aug 26
Lebanon

Seattle, WA

#1220 Apr 23, 2013
Night shift is more laid back at BNA2, anyway. I don't know much about BNA3.
well wrote:
Nights are laid back?!?! It's not worth the extra 50 cents to work nights. Days don't do anything, and that extra 50 cents doesn't really make up that much of a difference. I did nights for a while in pick and then switched to days, it's like a whole different company! I love working there now
Bald Man

Smyrna, TN

#1221 May 1, 2013
New company motto; Deny, Deny, Deny!!!!
OMG

Smyrna, TN

#1222 Jun 8, 2013
This place is run by a bunch of crooks and deviants....All they care about are themselves.
Lebanon

Seattle, WA

#1223 Jun 9, 2013
I think I know who you are. I used to work night shift as well. ^_^
OMG

Smyrna, TN

#1224 Jun 10, 2013
Lebanon wrote:
I think I know who you are. I used to work night shift as well.^_^
You referring to me?
Nervous

Murfreesboro, TN

#1226 Jul 15, 2013
Man, after I got hired, I was so excited. Now, after reading MANY negative reviews on many different sites, I'm nervous. Management cares nothing about employees, cracking whips, etc.

I'm going to go in and try my best, but from what I've read, it isn't going to matter.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#1227 Jul 16, 2013
Nervous wrote:
Man, after I got hired, I was so excited. Now, after reading MANY negative reviews on many different sites, I'm nervous. Management cares nothing about employees, cracking whips, etc.
I'm going to go in and try my best, but from what I've read, it isn't going to matter.
Don't be nervous. It is NOT a bad company to work for. At the Murfreesboro facility, the products are smaller & more light weight than what we have at the Lebanon facility so it is MUCH easier to make rate. A lot of these people who complain about Amazon are STILL working for Amazon so evidently it isn't as bad as everyone says. I've been with the company nearly two years and I like it just fine. You will do just fine, just keep an open mind and don't listen to all these whiny babies! Come up with your own opinion by judging for yourself!
Nervous

Murfreesboro, TN

#1228 Jul 16, 2013
Yeah, like I said, I'm just going to go in and do the best I can. They said I'd be starting as a packer, so I don't know what to really expect.
Darryl

Houston, TX

#1230 Jul 17, 2013
Just thank God that you are not a picker. packers have it made. it's the pickers that always end up hurt and forced out right before they're disable or die. I worked at the one in Texas before they closed it after rumors of a union coming in. They're back opening another one now. Only chance any of you will have is to form a strong union. till then you will be paid chump change and destroy your bodies in the mean time.
Help

Smyrna, TN

#1231 Jul 19, 2013
Always go into a situation with a positive attitude.

It never hurts to be that way. You might find that you do like/love working there, like some already do.

I would say that most, probably 75% don't like it there. People have to do things they don't like sometimes just to survive.
tori

United States

#1232 Jul 19, 2013
I work there love it
so sad

Springfield, IL

#1233 Jul 22, 2013
I worked at the one in Indianapolis for a year and a half. I gave them my all as a picker. Even made it to a problem solver. After about 9 months my foot randomly started hurting. Swollen and bruised. After a couple weeks of light duty, my other foot did the same thing. Then my wrist was sprained. Then my knee started popping. right before I was forced out my body was aching. I was actually happy to be let go. After suffering my injuries after all the hard work I had given Amazon I was treated like I was the plague. 2 years after working there my body still aches. Worst place I've ever worked at.
Help

Smyrna, TN

#1234 Jul 23, 2013
so sad, sorry you had problems too. Most people there hurt so bad.

These jobs will wear on anyone no matter what age. If you are in your teens/early 20's it'll make you feel 60 and if you are older than 35 it'll make you feel 80.

It's sad people have to resort to jobs like these.
true story

Joliet, IL

#1235 Jul 23, 2013
Amazon is a one of a kind. I've had tough, hard working jobs. Hell I've worked in a coal mine in West Virginia in my early 20's. I'm 35 now and spend two years workign at an amazon fullfilment centet. I have friends that work at the one in murfreesboro. All I can do is pray for them. They all tell me the horror stories about how much they hurt, it reminds me of how much it hurt me. It started with my knees and i would tell my PA and my AM and I would go to AMcare and they would blame me. Eventually I just gave up on the company. I use to respect Jeff Bezos for the company he created out of his garage... now I have nothing but hate for the greedy fool that turned on the american worker and continues to drive them in to the ground.
Nervous

Murfreesboro, TN

#1236 Jul 27, 2013
Well, I've been there for 2 weeks now (worked for 6 days) as a packer, and so far it's not so bad. Sure, after work my feet and lower back feel like they're being put in a clamp and tightened, but other than aching real bad in feet and lower back, it's not bad.

Maybe it's because I'm just in my 2nd week, and am still in my 'training' period, or maybe I just have good managers, but so far, they all seem like they're pretty cool.

Seeing some of the older people there just wobbling around makes me sad, but that's life. Out of the 6 days I've worked, at least 3 of them, I've clocked out at the end of the day and it literally looks like I'm crippled while walking out. Limp, slight hunch, etc.

I got some new shoes, and hopefully they'll take some pressure off, and I'm going to get a back brace, but other than that, I think it's just going to take time. When I came back to work after my 3 day break, the first day was easy. So maybe my body just has to get used to it.

I do work for SMX, though, and am worried I'll get laid off, but I'm staying as long as they'll have me there.
Wanna know

Rineyville, KY

#1237 Aug 5, 2013
Are they still hiring now?
Help

Smyrna, TN

#1238 Aug 9, 2013
They are always hiring.
inf

United States

#1239 Sep 6, 2013
Darryl wrote:
Just thank God that you are not a picker. packers have it made. it's the pickers that always end up hurt and forced out right before they're disable or die. I worked at the one in Texas before they closed it after rumors of a union coming in. They're back opening another one now. Only chance any of you will have is to form a strong union. till then you will be paid chump change and destroy your bodies in the mean time.
I don't know how you could say the packers have it made. I worked as a picker in a sort facility and sure I thought I was going to die with my feet and legs. I also worked as a packer in sort facility it wasn't as bad as a picker but harder to hit rate unless you had DVD's and memory cards. Now in a non-sort facility, packing is a lot harder than a picker. My arms, hands hurting just to straighten them out and bruises all over my body from lifting the heavy stuff. I've always heard wharehouse work was hard and I believe it. I feel like I work in a China factory, but they do have good benefits and that is the only thing that keeps me there.
wow

Cookeville, TN

#1240 Sep 15, 2013
They're just taking advantage of poor areas and a weak economy. I would never recommend anyone to work there. Too many better jobs out there than to risk your health than to work at a place like that. And it's not just the pee-ons, pickers, packers, etc. Even the AM's, etc are paid a piss poor wage for the countless hours they work. You think a 10 or 12 hour day is tough.. try being there 14+.
Help

Smyrna, TN

#1241 Sep 20, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 13 min Snowball 9,332
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr here now 146,186
Katie Michelle Mayo is a snitch!!!!!!!!! 3 hr Air_Force1 3
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 16 hr Average 8,619
Where to build 17 hr MURFTURF 3
WTF happened to Murfreesboro? (May '12) Aug 29 cmehere 18
Another trucker DIES behind MCCORMICK TRUCKING ... (Sep '12) Aug 28 Thomas Barnard 13
•••
•••
•••

Christiana Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Christiana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Christiana News, Events & Info