Amazon hiring fully underway in Middle Tennessee

There are 1235 comments on the Business Journal story from May 30, 2012, titled Amazon hiring fully underway in Middle Tennessee. In it, Business Journal reports that:

Online retail giant Amazon.com is kicking off the broad hiring push necessary to fill 1,000 jobs at distribution sites in Middle Tennessee.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Business Journal.

Whoa

La Vergne, TN

#1199 Mar 14, 2013
Amazon again

Hermitage, TN

#1200 Mar 15, 2013
Whoa wrote:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/ 2012-03-19/amazon-acquires-kiv a-systems-in-second-biggest-ta keover.html
Whoa what? This happened last year the article is dated from last year,. Nothing new.
Whoa

La Vergne, TN

#1201 Mar 15, 2013
Amazon again wrote:
<quoted text>
Whoa what? This happened last year the article is dated from last year,. Nothing new.
Nothing new indeed, just the same old status quo from the big giant corporations treatment of its workers.

With the buyout of Kiva Systems the robots will soon be the go getters.
shocked

Murfreesboro, TN

#1202 Mar 18, 2013
A lot of people are starting to quit now. Especially the pickers. But I think that's the way Amazon wants it. because you can't pick at a high rate and not fall apart. I mean if you work anywhere other than picking you have it made. But once you're a picker they won't let you do anything else unless you are slow then they send you to pack or stow.
very true

Murfreesboro, TN

#1203 Mar 20, 2013
I agree. I work in stow and I see how the pickers have it so hard. They are the saddest, most tired, poor looking things I've saw. So many of them get hurt. Amazon needs to start moving them around instead of running them to death like a dead horse.
challenger

United States

#1204 Mar 27, 2013
If murfreesboro thinks picking is rough,I would challenge anyone in picking to work at a non-sort in packing.
bornANDraisedher e

Lebanon, TN

#1205 Mar 28, 2013
The online application is not complicated & they don't make you scan your diploma. They request for you to bring your diploma to your interview. As far as the $13/hr starting out pay, that's only true if you are offered a Tier 3 position. Otherwise, they start out paying Tier 1 positions at $11/hr for day shift & 11.50/hr for night shift.
bornANDraisedher e

Lebanon, TN

#1206 Mar 28, 2013
Where is wrote:
Where is Amazon located at in Lebanon?
Just off hwy 840...address is 500 Duke Drive, Gladeville, TN 37090
Whoa

Murfreesboro, TN

#1208 Apr 2, 2013
It's like a revolving door with people....This company doesn't care for NOTHING but profit!
Whoa

La Vergne, TN

#1209 Apr 6, 2013
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130406/BU...

This is a lie! Who is making a median income of $16.50 per hour?

Defiantly not me!
lol

Manchester, TN

#1210 Apr 6, 2013
16.50 an hour!?!?!?!?!? lolololololol
Anonymous

Seattle, WA

#1211 Apr 7, 2013
Just like they tried to say in the all hands a few months ago...They say we make a "median" of that much because they are including our monthly bonuses, stocks, etc. I don't think there are any tier 1's or tier 3's making that much, unless they have been with Amazon for several years!
nope

Murfreesboro, TN

#1212 Apr 7, 2013
None of us have stock yet, only AM's, etc have stock. Very few of you guys make up that 1100 number that make a lowly 11 an hour. And the monthly bonuses of 20 to 40 bucks lol... math is not adding up. but watch out folks!!! that big .25cent raise is coming up!! That's why so many people are starting to quit and get better paying jobs elsewhere.
Whoa

La Vergne, TN

#1213 Apr 7, 2013
This place is a JOKE!
Anonymous

Lebanon, TN

#1214 Apr 9, 2013
nope wrote:
None of us have stock yet, only AM's, etc have stock. Very few of you guys make up that 1100 number that make a lowly 11 an hour. And the monthly bonuses of 20 to 40 bucks lol... math is not adding up. but watch out folks!!! that big .25cent raise is coming up!! That's why so many people are starting to quit and get better paying jobs elsewhere.
You must have recently started working at BNA3..all of the original BNA1 tier 1's are making at least $11.75/hr now. We will all have access to our stocks when our 2yr anniversary comes around.
how much

Murfreesboro, TN

#1215 Apr 10, 2013
im only making 11.25 after i got my raise. only night shift makes 11.75 and i guess the weekenders are up to 12 now. but our top out is no where near 16, heck pa top out isnt even that high.
Anonymous

Lebanon, TN

#1216 Apr 10, 2013
how much wrote:
im only making 11.25 after i got my raise. only night shift makes 11.75 and i guess the weekenders are up to 12 now. but our top out is no where near 16, heck pa top out isnt even that high.
Honey, you must have just been hired back in September/October or you got converted to full time over the summer through SMX. From my understanding, weekend shift folks do not make more $ hourly than any other shift. Wouldn't it be funny if we figured out who each other were at work? lol :) I refuse to let it be known on this website....
Anonymous

Lebanon, TN

#1217 Apr 10, 2013
how much wrote:
And night shift gets $.50 more per hour for the "shift differential" pay because NO ONE likes working nights. The people are way more laid back but of course the hours suck!
Bald Man

Smyrna, TN

#1218 Apr 23, 2013
If anyone ever gets hurt here and needs to see a Doctor. Please do yourself a favor and pick Dr. Glynn, he seems to care. Don't pick Dr. Johnson because you will most likely see Chernowitz instead and, don't pick Dr. Hazelwood either. The internet is your friend about the last two doctors.
well

Murfreesboro, TN

#1219 Apr 23, 2013
Nights are laid back?!?! It's not worth the extra 50 cents to work nights. Days don't do anything, and that extra 50 cents doesn't really make up that much of a difference. I did nights for a while in pick and then switched to days, it's like a whole different company! I love working there now

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
woman named Rena that worked at shell gas stati... 1 hr Amanda 1
Seeking data-Lakewood Park-Beechgrove, TN (Feb '07) May 24 Donna 222
Kevin Fults May 23 boro 10
Hidden Valley Lake (Jul '09) May 22 nope 77
stones river property management (Jan '10) May 22 Jamestheduke21 31
nhk May 22 Interested worker 6
Review: Mr. Expert... Major Appliance Repair Se... May 21 erik johnson 1
More from around the web

Christiana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE