Neighbors support Islamic Center

Neighbors support Islamic Center

There are 306 comments on the The Chattanooga Times Free Press story from Aug 24, 2012, titled Neighbors support Islamic Center. In it, The Chattanooga Times Free Press reports that:

Neighborliness may have made the difference between the calm that accompanied the building of the Islamic Center of Greater Chattanooga and the furor that arose over a mosque in Murfreesboro, Tenn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Chattanooga Times Free Press.

Klink

Kazakhstan

#123 Feb 22, 2013

The federal govt is out of touch and out of control re illegal aliens..

Headline: Majority of U.S. Citizens Say Illegal Aliens Should Be Deported

WASHINGTON | Wed Feb 20, 2013

(Reuters)- More than half of U.S. citizens believe that most or all of the country's illegal aliens should be deported, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Wednesday that highlights the difficulties facing lawmakers trying to reform the U.S. immigration system.

Thirty percent of those polled think that most illegal immigrants, with some exceptions, should be deported, while 23 percent believe all illegal immigrants should be deported.
www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/21/us-usa-imm...

The Catholic Church has always been responsible for the immigration problem, from the Irish to the Latins to Islam. The Irish Catholic Knight of Columbus president Kennedy began the change in immigration policy towards those countries..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jfk#Immigration

www.youtube.com/watch...

Patriotic Girl

New Castle, PA

#124 Feb 22, 2013
Rockroller--Daniel 11:27 does not say that..Other than that you've got better understanding than the muzzies.Alien--I would love to see you write a book like the BIBLE!!The BIBLE does not provide falsehoods--there are other things that substantiate it's truth..I am sorry that somehow you have been burnt by religion/Christianity..Thanks, Klink,anyone/any group can argue about any existance/disagreement about the BIBLE being the real thing.I am glad I had the opportunity to hear the gospel..
Vladimir Putin

Brampton, Canada

#125 Feb 22, 2013
Better stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The Jews flatly deny that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
2. This means they are a cult.
3. They are condemned by 2 John 7
4. Do not follow after the God-forsaken murderers of the Son of God and brutal persecutors of His people. The Jews wil certainly pay for their gross unrepentance.
5. The Jews are evidently ANTICHRIST
6. The evidence is quite clear!
Excellent point!

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

#126 Feb 23, 2013
southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>
And where are these letters?
If they still exist probably deep in the bowels of the Vatican library.
No scholar believes it? I guess thats why there is a whole page dedicated to the controversy on wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesu...
Hmm, I said no scholar "in the field."

Secondly, if you had read the 2nd paragraph:

"Modern scholarship has almost universally acknowledged the authenticity of the reference in Book 20, Chapter 9, 1 of the Antiquities to "the brother of Jesus, who was called Christ, whose name was James" [4] and considers it as having the highest level of authenticity among the references of Josephus to Christianity.[5][1][2][6][7][8 ] Almost all modern scholars consider the reference in Book 18, Chapter 5, 2 of the Antiquities to the imprisonment and death of John the Baptist to also be authentic.[9][10][11]"

St. Paul

#127 Feb 23, 2013
Better stuff wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The Jews flatly deny that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
2. This means they are a cult.
3. They are condemned by 2 John 7
4. Do not follow after the God-forsaken murderers of the Son of God and brutal persecutors of His people. The Jews wil certainly pay for their gross unrepentance.
5. The Jews are evidently ANTICHRIST
6. The evidence is quite clear!

Excellent point!
BAS has picked up LW's bad habit of agreeing with himself.

St. Paul

#128 Feb 23, 2013
Patriotic Girl wrote:
Souther alien--hasn't anyone told you,yet,that wikipedia.org has many mistakes on it ...
Extremely rare mistakes which are quickly rectified.

St. Paul

#129 Feb 23, 2013
southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course wikipedia isn't the end-all of truth. It was just a quick example. There are plenty sites online talking about the falsehoods of Josephus.
1) Wiki posts a bibliography of sources.
2) There are lots of lies on the Internet. Anyone who has done some actual research realizes that Josephus mentions Jesus TWICE!
Patriotic Girl

Harwick, PA

#130 Feb 23, 2013
Thanks,djconklin--I was reading books I have at 1:30 a.m..What I found was exactly what you have stated on here.The Case for Christ is a good book that talks about the authenticity of Jesus and more.Also,I don't know about others but I find new things all the time,reading and doing research.I do have a bad attitude with athiests and false religions..I need to rectify that..

St. Paul

#131 Feb 23, 2013
>.I do have a bad attitude with athiests and false religions..I need to rectify that..

That's why God sent me Max--through the cat God has taught me how to deal with the dumb animals. The 4th time I reached for the rolled up newspaper Max yelped and ran into the bedroom!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#132 Feb 25, 2013
Thats my point. Some historians say it wasn't HIS work, but was added later on by christian apologists. More evidence to support this is that another writer a few years later said that there was no evidence for Jesus except the Bible. Josephus was well known and if the Jesus excerpts had existed then, he would have cited those.

“God Save America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#133 Feb 26, 2013
southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it is written in the bible it is true? Use your own brain. OF course a book wanting you to follow it will call itself true. I can write a fiction book and put TRUE STORY at the beginning. Doesn't make it true.
Take your own advice and use your brain. The Bible is verified by history, therefore proven to be true. Jesus is the most prominent figure in world history and his existence and crucifixion by the Romans is well documented, so why do you deny the truth?

“God Save America ”

Location hidden

#134 Feb 26, 2013
southern alien wrote:
Thats my point. Some historians say it wasn't HIS work, but was added later on by christian apologists. More evidence to support this is that another writer a few years later said that there was no evidence for Jesus except the Bible. Josephus was well known and if the Jesus excerpts had existed then, he would have cited those.
Those historians are wrong. Josephus did write the comment about Jesus.

If Jesus didnít exist, why do you suppose the Roman Emperors killed so many Christians for worshipping him?

JUSTIN MARTYR , a philosopher, wrote letters to the Roman Emperor Antoninus Pius, to the Emperorís six sons, and to the Roman Senators, and his letters are a part of Roman history so the fact of Jesusí existence is proven by these historical letters. His First Apology , written around 155 A.D., was addressed to the Emperor Antoninus Pius and his adopted sons.(It is perhaps worth noting that some of the fiercest persecutors of the Christians were precisely the emperors who had a strong sense of duty, who were fighting to maintain the traditional Roman values, including respect for the gods, which they felt had made Rome great and were her only hope of survival.) He defends Christianity as the only rational creed, and he includes an account of current Christian ceremonies of Baptism and the Eucharist (probably to counteract distorted accounts from anti-Christian sources).

The Second Apology is addressed to the Roman Senate. It is chiefly concerned to rebut specific charges of immorality and the like that had been made against the Christians. He argues that good Christians make good citizens, and that the notion that Christianity undermines the foundations of a good society is based on slander or misunderstanding.

nd that you will not succeed is declared by the Word, than whom, after God who begat Him, we know there is no ruler more kingly and just. For as all shrink from succeeding to the poverty or sufferings or obscurity of their fathers, so whatever the Word forbids us to choose, the sensible man will not choose. That all these things should come to pass, I say, our Teacher foretold, He who is both Son and Apostle of God the Father of all and the Ruler, Jesus Christ; from whom also we have the name of Christians. Whence we become more assured of all the things He taught us, since whatever He beforehand foretold should come to pass, is seen in fact coming to pass; and this is the work of God, to tell of a thing before it happens, and as it was foretold so to show it happening..." http://justus.anglican.org/resources/bio/175....

“Adonai YHWH Jesus Saves!”

Since: Jul 12

PRAISE HIM Love Never Fails..

#135 Feb 26, 2013
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>Those historians are wrong. Josephus did write the comment about Jesus.
If Jesus didnít exist, why do you suppose the Roman Emperors killed so many Christians for worshipping him?
JUSTIN MARTYR , a philosopher, wrote letters to the Roman Emperor Antoninus Pius, to the Emperorís six sons, and to the Roman Senators, and his letters are a part of Roman history so the fact of Jesusí existence is proven by these historical letters. His First Apology , written around 155 A.D., was addressed to the Emperor Antoninus Pius and his adopted sons.(It is perhaps worth noting that some of the fiercest persecutors of the Christians were precisely the emperors who had a strong sense of duty, who were fighting to maintain the traditional Roman values, including respect for the gods, which they felt had made Rome great and were her only hope of survival.) He defends Christianity as the only rational creed, and he includes an account of current Christian ceremonies of Baptism and the Eucharist (probably to counteract distorted accounts from anti-Christian sources).
The Second Apology is addressed to the Roman Senate. It is chiefly concerned to rebut specific charges of immorality and the like that had been made against the Christians. He argues that good Christians make good citizens, and that the notion that Christianity undermines the foundations of a good society is based on slander or misunderstanding.
nd that you will not succeed is declared by the Word, than whom, after God who begat Him, we know there is no ruler more kingly and just. For as all shrink from succeeding to the poverty or sufferings or obscurity of their fathers, so whatever the Word forbids us to choose, the sensible man will not choose. That all these things should come to pass, I say, our Teacher foretold, He who is both Son and Apostle of God the Father of all and the Ruler, Jesus Christ; from whom also we have the name of Christians. Whence we become more assured of all the things He taught us, since whatever He beforehand foretold should come to pass, is seen in fact coming to pass; and this is the work of God, to tell of a thing before it happens, and as it was foretold so to show it happening..." http://justus.anglican.org/resources/bio/175....
Hi Logan, I really enjoy reading your posts. I posted you a comment a while back ,don't know if you saw it. I would love to see you put your input in on the atheist thread at the top of the page on the sda forum. It is entitled "Atheists here, to answer any question you may have". That is only if you would like to. May I asked what denomination you belong to? if any.

“God Save America ”

Location hidden

#136 Feb 26, 2013
southern alien wrote:
Josephus wasn't the only historian in that time period who mentioned Jesus. The famous Roman historian Tacitus mentioned both him and Pilate. See the following:
http://classics.mit.edu/Tacitus/annals.11.xv....

The Annals
By Tacitus, greatest historian of the Romans
Written 109 A.C.E.

Tacitus (Annals 15.44) also mentions Pontius Pilate:
Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular.

Tacitusí mention of Jesus Christ:ďBut all human efforts, all the lavish gifts of the emperor, and the propitiations of the gods, did not banish the sinister belief that the conflagration was the result of an order. Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind. Mockery of every sort was added to their deaths. Covered with the skins of beasts, they were torn by dogs and perished, or were nailed to crosses, or were doomed to the flames and burnt, to serve as a nightly illumination, when daylight had expired.Ē

“God Save America ”

Location hidden

#137 Feb 26, 2013
Lori norskigirl wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Logan, I really enjoy reading your posts. I posted you a comment a while back ,don't know if you saw it. I would love to see you put your input in on the atheist thread at the top of the page on the sda forum. It is entitled "Atheists here, to answer any question you may have". That is only if you would like to. May I asked what denomination you belong to? if any.
Hi, Lori, I apologize for not responding sooner. I got busy with other things and temporarily left this thread. I truly appreciate your kind words. You, Patriot Girl, and DJ Conklin are very good in your comments, which are always informative.
I would like to check out that forum but couldnít find it. Can you please provide the link?
I am Southern Baptist but am currently attending an Assembly of God church because there is no SB church available at this time in my town.

“Adonai YHWH Jesus Saves!”

Since: Jul 12

PRAISE HIM Love Never Fails..

#138 Feb 26, 2013
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Lori, I apologize for not responding sooner. I got busy with other things and temporarily left this thread. I truly appreciate your kind words. You, Patriot Girl, and DJ Conklin are very good in your comments, which are always informative.
I would like to check out that forum but couldnít find it. Can you please provide the link?
I am Southern Baptist but am currently attending an Assembly of God church because there is no SB church available at this time in my town.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/seventh-d...

Location hidden

#139 Feb 27, 2013
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>Take your own advice and use your brain. The Bible is verified by history, therefore proven to be true. Jesus is the most prominent figure in world history and his existence and crucifixion by the Romans is well documented, so why do you deny the truth?
100% false. You really think he is the most prominent figure in world history then why isn't everyone in the world Christian? More prominent than people of the last 100 years we have video documentation of? Get over yourself.

While certain places and people in the bible existed, it means nothing. Places and people in Spiderman exist, doesn't make it true. There is no evidence of a global flood, an exodus from egypt, etc. Its fairy tales.

Location hidden

#140 Feb 27, 2013
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>
The same reason Christians are killed in other countries today. They don't worship the gods of the country they are in.

Why did Christians kill people who believed in other gods in the past?

Its all just religious crazyiness.

Location hidden

#141 Feb 27, 2013
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell me how a man writing accounts in 155AD is evidence for a man that supposedly died in 33AD? That would be like me writing an apology on Licoln. Justin Martyr never met Jesus so is just going off the same hearsay and reporting the same rituals that are going on today. What does that prove other than Christians existed?
Patriotic Girl

Wexford, PA

#142 Feb 27, 2013
Logan--I/my family are southern Baptists,also..We have church for ourselves because we live in Pennsylvania where there are no churches here.The churches here are basically social clubs with NO INTEGRITY...I also was the WMU leader of 29 churches of our county in Alabama..We still stay in touch with our fellow friends from Georgia and Alabama..The sad thing is,that unless you research,study and pray to get all of the "whole picture"people that do not believe or doubt have no idea about anything..We know how the puzzle pieces fit together but the unchurched ones do not know..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Share my wife (Sep '16) Dec 9 Tleejoyce55 2
Tranny Working at Murfreesboro Hooters (May '12) Dec 8 whitsend 8
Lindsay Swaney (Jun '16) Dec 7 Sand brown 6
bad eyes need help Dec 5 Uncle Tom 2
wnejo637 Dec 1 Seeking11500 1
Sky Stone Granite/ Apollo Granite (May '17) Nov 30 jon 4
***************Report this car, driver, where i... Jul '17 in my opinion 1

Christiana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance