Neighbors support Islamic Center

There are 306 comments on the The Chattanooga Times Free Press story from Aug 24, 2012, titled Neighbors support Islamic Center. In it, The Chattanooga Times Free Press reports that:

Neighborliness may have made the difference between the calm that accompanied the building of the Islamic Center of Greater Chattanooga and the furor that arose over a mosque in Murfreesboro, Tenn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Chattanooga Times Free Press.

“God Bless America ”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#103 Feb 17, 2013
southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe Islam. It is silly like all other religions. Nothing but superstition.
Well, that's to your credit, if nothing else. Too bad, though, that you are so lacking in spiritual discernment that you will go through life in a state of apathy.

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

#104 Feb 17, 2013
southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares if Caesar existed? All ancient history is unreliable.
Were you born a skeptic or did some ignorant soul teach you to be that way?
Patriotic Girl

Pittsburgh, PA

#105 Feb 17, 2013
Logan--do not give up witnessing to people--you're very good at it and isn't that what we are to do until his return?? History is written/witnessed for people to see..People/professionals/reli gious groups have tons of proof to past references to the BIBLE,places/towns that have been discovered,etc..If ignorant people want to believe there is no existance of GOD/JESUS,there is not a way to their heart,they want to be in their ignorance..I use the example of a plastic tub filled with parts from a clock--you can shake that tub till you turn blue but it will never become a clock because it does not have a maker..There was a maker because there are parts made from someone/something,but until a clock maker puts those parts together it's still parts in a tub..It is the same with GOD/JESUS,we are made with such remarkable DNA,we were put together by a big bang??? I don't think so and neither do many other people all over the world..I am glad to have heard the gospel and I feel so bad for lost people..

“God Bless America ”

Location hidden

#106 Feb 18, 2013
Patriotic Girl wrote:
Logan--do not give up witnessing to people--you're very good at it and isn't that what we are to do until his return?? History is written/witnessed for people to see..People/professionals/reli gious groups have tons of proof to past references to the BIBLE,places/towns that have been discovered,etc..If ignorant people want to believe there is no existance of GOD/JESUS,there is not a way to their heart,they want to be in their ignorance..I use the example of a plastic tub filled with parts from a clock--you can shake that tub till you turn blue but it will never become a clock because it does not have a maker..There was a maker because there are parts made from someone/something,but until a clock maker puts those parts together it's still parts in a tub..It is the same with GOD/JESUS,we are made with such remarkable DNA,we were put together by a big bang??? I don't think so and neither do many other people all over the world..I am glad to have heard the gospel and I feel so bad for lost people..
Thank you for the encouragement. I assure you I intend to continue witnessing because itís inbred in me. Itís very encouraging to see there are still some like you left who have enough concern for the souls of people and for the safety of this country to speak out for Christianity.
Itís a tragedy that our nation has so many godless, ignorant people now, a fact that came about because of the removal of God from our schools and Government, resulting in a godless generation of parents who havenít the wisdom to care about their childrenís souls or their own. We let liberal atheists take away our acknowledgement of the God who gave us this country and replaced him with atheism, the murders of babies, the acceptance of everything evil, including sex education that has taught our children everything is acceptable, turning them into a nation of immoral youth such as has never been before; so we have become a nation equal to Sodom and Gomorrah and may be facing a similar punishment as those cities.(Note: I am not opposed to sex education, only to the wrong kind being taught to our children)
As for the nonsense of evolution and the Big Bang theory, people who are opposed to the idea of a Creator will believe anything. Dr. Werner von Braun, the rocket scientist, stated there was no conflict between religion and scienceóone simply complimented the other. He felt one who didnít believe in a Creator was denying the obvious.

BTW, that is a good analogy about the clock and the basket of parts.

Americans now sneer at the Christian religion but accept the false ones, such as Islam, the total opposite of Christianity. Most are too ignorant to comprehend that Islam will destroy them and take away their freedoms, the freedom they use to attack Christ and his followers. Our Founding Fathers, mostly godly men, would be appalled to see what the nation, for which they sacrificed so much to establish, has become. They likewise would be disturbed to se what kind of man we elected to the Presidency.
Patriotic Girl

Irwin, PA

#107 Feb 18, 2013
AMEN!!! You should write Christian books,you have a way of saying the truth and being kind about it!! I agree with you and there are others that feel the same way..Now, most people will argue about the seperation of state and religion--they are reading it wrong..All over Washington there are references made to our GOD and our leaders(founding fathers) held church services in the capitol building..I don't know if you have ever followed the pastors of Watchmen on/of the wall,but it is real interesting!! Also,the buildings in Washington are laid out in the shape of the cross..Another interesting fact!! All these people that think they know so much,know nothing..

“Adonai YHWH Jesus Saves!”

Since: Jul 12

PRAISE HIM Love Never Fails..

#108 Feb 18, 2013
I agree with Patriotic Girl that you are very good at teaching and telling about Jesus, history all of it! It would be wonderful if you could jump onto the Atheist thread and help us Christians out... It's the thread at the top of the forum called "Atheist here to answer any questions you may have."

Thanks, I really enjoy reading your posts.:)

“Adonai YHWH Jesus Saves!”

Since: Jul 12

PRAISE HIM Love Never Fails..

#109 Feb 18, 2013
That last post was addressed to Logan.

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

#110 Feb 19, 2013
southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>
More than any other figure? ROFL thats hilarious.
There are no first hand accounts of him. Only stories written decades to centuries later by passe ddown stories. Josephus never saw the man. He wrote 2 paragraphs about him, both of which are believed forgeries. Josephus wrote pages and pages on common criminals, but a supernatural man-god gets 2 paragraphs. Get out of here!
Tertiullian refered his readers to the letters of Pilate. No scholar in the field believes that either paragraph in Josephus is a forgery.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#111 Feb 19, 2013
Lori norskigirl wrote:
That last post was addressed to Logan.
I feel like I've known Logan for a long time because she reminds me of important women in my life. She is an important voice that needs to be heard and I appreciate you and others who recognize and encourage her.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#112 Feb 20, 2013
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>Were you born a skeptic or did some ignorant soul teach you to be that way?
Skepticism is a virtue. Not faith. Otherwise we would believe everything we are told, no matter how rediculous.

Location hidden

#113 Feb 20, 2013
Patriotic Girl wrote:
I use the example of a plastic tub filled with parts from a clock--you can shake that tub till you turn blue but it will never become a clock because it does not have a maker..There was a maker because there are parts made from someone/something,but until a clock maker puts those parts together it's still parts in a tub..
A clock is a clock. It is not the universe or living organisms. We know how clocks are made. We also know how the universe and living organisms work. You deny all such things and believe in magic.

Location hidden

#114 Feb 20, 2013
Patriotic Girl wrote:
People/professionals/religious groups have tons of proof to past references to the BIBLE,places/towns that have been discovered,etc..
Yes places and towns exist that were mentioned. The same way New York exists in the Spiderman comics. Doesn't mean he exists.

By the way, it has been recently argued that the town of Nazerith didn't exist when Jesus was supposedly alive. Look it up.

Location hidden

#115 Feb 20, 2013
djconklin wrote:
<quoted text>Tertiullian refered his readers to the letters of Pilate. No scholar in the field believes that either paragraph in Josephus is a forgery.
And where are these letters?

No scholar believes it? I guess thats why there is a whole page dedicated to the controversy on wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesu...
Patriotic Girl

New Castle, PA

#116 Feb 20, 2013
Souther alien--hasn't anyone told you,yet,that wikipedia.org has many mistakes on it and that the internet does,in fact,not post the truth?? Do you believe everything on the internet as truth?? The clock is an example--it needs a maker to make it a clock--this universe did not just happen with all you athiests wishing it were so!! We are intricately made and beyond the minds of athiests!! By the way--there are many educators,professors,doctors,e tc that can prove things beyond your little mind!!
Rockroller

Yucaipa, CA

#117 Feb 20, 2013
There is only ONE truth as Truth is singular and absolute. All else are lies! Jesus testifed to the real truth and was born here in order to bring the real truth to a dark (blind and evil) world.(John 18:37)

The reason why there are so many confused religions in this world today is because they have all been invented by man by the help of Satan. Even Christianity--as it too is called evil by God as found in Dan. 11:27.

God is only interested in those who make the choice to obey the covenant between Him and His Kingdom. It's not about religion--it is all about obeying the covenant of God so He CAN be your God.

Location hidden

#118 Feb 22, 2013
Patriotic Girl wrote:
Souther alien--hasn't anyone told you,yet,that wikipedia.org has many mistakes on it and that the internet does,in fact,not post the truth?? Do you believe everything on the internet as truth?? The clock is an example--it needs a maker to make it a clock--this universe did not just happen with all you athiests wishing it were so!! We are intricately made and beyond the minds of athiests!! By the way--there are many educators,professors,doctors,e tc that can prove things beyond your little mind!!
Of course wikipedia isn't the end-all of truth. It was just a quick example. There are plenty sites online talking about the falsehoods of Josephus.

We know clocks need a maker because we know clocks are made by man. We don't know how the universe began so your logic is flawed.

The universe 'just happening' is the same as saying 'god just happened'. The difference is, we have proof the universe exists, and adding an unproven god to the mix fixes nothing but adds more questions.

Location hidden

#119 Feb 22, 2013
Rockroller wrote:
There is only ONE truth as Truth is singular and absolute. All else are lies! Jesus testifed to the real truth and was born here in order to bring the real truth to a dark (blind and evil) world.(John 18:37)
The reason why there are so many confused religions in this world today is because they have all been invented by man by the help of Satan. Even Christianity--as it too is called evil by God as found in Dan. 11:27.
God is only interested in those who make the choice to obey the covenant between Him and His Kingdom. It's not about religion--it is all about obeying the covenant of God so He CAN be your God.
Because it is written in the bible it is true? Use your own brain. OF course a book wanting you to follow it will call itself true. I can write a fiction book and put TRUE STORY at the beginning. Doesn't make it true.
Klink

Kazakhstan

#120 Feb 22, 2013

GOP Rep. Louie Gohmert: Guns Are Necessary To Protect Against Sharia Law

by Andrew Kirell | February 21st, 2013

Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-TX) told a conservative radio host this afternoon that he believes Americans must be allowed to own firearms to protect against the growing threat of ďsharia law.Ē
www.mediaite.com/online/gop-rep-louie-gohmert...

or if there were a terrible civil war.

some SDA related videos...

www.youtube.com/user/MsLadygracie/videos...

Klink

Kazakhstan

#121 Feb 22, 2013
southern alien wrote:
Of course wikipedia isn't the end-all of truth. It was just a quick example. There are plenty sites online talking about the falsehoods of Josephus.

He was a Jewish historian with no reason to lie about the matter. Others confirm his work.
Klink

Kazakhstan

#122 Feb 22, 2013
southern alien wrote:
Because it is written in the bible it is true? Use your own brain. OF course a book wanting you to follow it will call itself true. I can write a fiction book and put TRUE STORY at the beginning. Doesn't make it true.

Nooo, i wouldnt take any books word for anything, including textbooks and encyclopedias, unless there is supporting evidences as we find with the Bible confirmed repeatedly time & again.

If you are trying to claim the Bible is wrong because the earth is actually bazzillions of years old and you came from the apes, then show us this evidence?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Mr. Expert... Major Appliance Repair Se... 19 hr erik johnson 1
News Crime Briefs: Grand jury to hear case of man dr... Thu LaVergne Resident 1
nhk Wed tired 5
Review: Renew Hair Salon (Feb '13) May 19 LISA 2
Vasectomy info May 17 Big Daddy 1
Seeking data-Lakewood Park-Beechgrove, TN (Feb '07) May 17 Donna 220
Dr. James Boerner May 16 UGOTALOTTOSAY 3
More from around the web

Christiana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE