Neighbors support Islamic Center

Neighbors support Islamic Center

There are 306 comments on the The Chattanooga Times Free Press story from Aug 24, 2012, titled Neighbors support Islamic Center. In it, The Chattanooga Times Free Press reports that:

Neighborliness may have made the difference between the calm that accompanied the building of the Islamic Center of Greater Chattanooga and the furor that arose over a mosque in Murfreesboro, Tenn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Chattanooga Times Free Press.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#244 Jun 17, 2013
Patriotic Girl wrote:
I have surmised that you have been hurt by something religious-have had a bad experience and is now blaming GOD/no existence of GOD,etc.Most athiests I have known are really confused by their thoughts and intelligence.I know because I use to be an atheist and am educated until I set out to discredit religion because a friend started a bible study with a church..I wanted to prove them wrong,instead I became one of them(Christians) after years of study and paid researchers.
Why do I have to have been hurt by bad experience? I just don't believe because there is no evidence. Have you been hurt by Muslims as to why you don't believe in their book?

What evidence did your friend show you that make you become a christian? Surely this should be some good evidence.
Patriotic Girl

Pittsburgh, PA

#245 Jun 17, 2013
As I have said before I was an atheist for about 6 years.My friend was having a bible study with a church and I wanted to prove them wrong--went to paid researchers/libraries,anywhere to find evidence of no GOD.I was raised in church but the ministers could not answer my questions so I surmised there was a break in their evidence.I also had a bad experience with a pastor sexually harassing me in my senior year of school.He and his church as it turned out were swapping mates and drinking,etc.The top people in that denomination came to expel all of them and realign the church.It started to grow and grow,but I left.In talking to other people that claim to be athiests,I always find something that has turned them from GOD or belief.I found that there is a GOD and a higher being than us mere humans.I started from scratch and it took many years to put proof into evidence,for a while still fighting what I learned,saying there is no GOD but in the long run I had to face facts.I have treated all other religions with the same degree of research.I can give discourses on islam because of my findings.

Location hidden

#246 Jun 17, 2013
Patriotic Girl wrote:
I wanted to prove them wrong--went to paid researchers/libraries,anywhere to find evidence of no GOD.
You didn't have to. They have to prove there IS a god. They are the ones making the claim. They need to show evidence.

You can't prove a negative. You can't prove unicorns don't exist. But until someone can show that they do, we assume they don't.

Location hidden

#247 Jun 17, 2013
Patriotic Girl wrote:
I found that there is a GOD and a higher being than us mere humans.I started from scratch and it took many years to put proof into evidence
Then where is the evidence? If you have it, you would win a nobel prize and $1 million from this place http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challe... .
Patriotic Girl

Pittsburgh, PA

#249 Jun 17, 2013
There are experts that can tell you all about this--they are called professors,historians..You have to prove that GOD doesn't exist!! There is a lot of evidence but people like you just want to argue about it.I gave you the title of a book but instead of getting it at a library and reading it you ignore and want to keep arguing.You are too afraid of admitting anything that would be agreeable.

Location hidden

#250 Jun 21, 2013
Patriotic Girl wrote:
..You have to prove that GOD doesn't exist!!
Why? Do you have to prove that bloody mary doesn't exist? That Zeus doesn't exist? They are just stories until you can back them up with evidence.

Location hidden

#251 Jun 21, 2013
Patriotic Girl wrote:
.I gave you the title of a book but instead of getting it at a library and reading it you ignore and want to keep arguing.You are too afraid of admitting anything that would be agreeable.
A book is not evidence of a creator. Especially when there are entire pages devoted to debunking it.

http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php...
Patriotic Girl

Pittsburgh, PA

#252 Jun 21, 2013
I am concerned for you southern alien..I think you're probably a very nice person and our conversations going back and forth have been insightful(is that a word?)..I have been where you are and I know what you are saying but there is recorded proof and the only way it can be recorded is on paper/stone,etc.

Location hidden

#253 Jun 23, 2013
Patriotic Girl wrote:
I know what you are saying but there is recorded proof and the only way it can be recorded is on paper/stone,etc.
That can't be considered proof, otherwise we have proof of the Koran, aliens, dragons, bigfoot, etc.

We had hundreds of people claim to see Jim Jones perform miracles and say that he was god.
Patriotic Girl

Irwin, PA

#254 Jun 24, 2013
Alien--I am concerned for you but I am done debating with you.It's just a back and forth argument..Take care.

Since: Jul 09

St. Paul

#256 Jul 5, 2013
Logan wrote:
Roman historian Tacitus, who lived from 55-115 C.E.(The Annals-- XV: 44), and was a member of the Roman consular nobility committed to the senatorial ideals of the Roman republic. He detested both Christians and Jews yet mentioned Jesus in his annuls, verifying his existence and his crucifixion by Pontius Pilate.

SA: Tacitus calls Christians abominations. Not something you would expect from someone who claims there was a Jesus who was the messiah.
You didn't give a source like Logan did. Secondly, your remark doesn't follow from what Logan gave.

St. Paul

#257 Jul 5, 2013
{Pulled from Wiki}

The Annals passage (15.44) follows a description of the six-day Great Fire of Rome that burned much of Rome in July 64 AD and reads as follows:

"Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in JudŠa, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome, where all things hideous and shameful from every part of the world find their centre and become popular. Accordingly, an arrest was first made of all who pleaded guilty; then, upon their information, an immense multitude was convicted, not so much of the crime of firing the city, as of hatred against mankind".

St. Paul

#258 Jul 5, 2013
southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>We had hundreds of people claim to see Jim Jones perform miracles and say that he was god.
Show us.

St. Paul

#259 Jul 5, 2013
southern alien wrote:
<quoted text>
No source other than the bible claims that Nazareth existed in 1st century AD.
From Wiki:

Princeton University archaeologist Jack Finnegan describes additional archaeological evidence related to settlement in the Nazareth basin during the Bronze and Iron Ages, and states that "Nazareth was a strongly Jewish settlement in the Roman period." [Jack Finnegan, The Archaeology of the New Testament, Princeton University Press: Princeton, 1992, pp. 44-46.]
Patriotic Girl

Irwin, PA

#260 Jul 6, 2013
djconklin--you are right in reporting all of this,but I feel that southern alien just wanted to argue/dispute so I did not get too entailed.Thanks for doing so.

St. Paul

#261 Jul 6, 2013
You're welcome!

Location hidden

#262 Jul 10, 2013

St. Paul

#263 Aug 10, 2013
>Nazareth is not mentioned even once in the entire Old Testament.
>The Talmud, although it names 63 Galilean towns, knows nothing of Nazareth, nor does early rabbinic literature.
>St Paul knows nothing of 'Nazareth'. Rabbi Solly's epistles (real and fake) mention Jesus 221 times, Nazareth not at all.
>No ancient historian or geographer mentions Nazareth.

Not required to.
truth

United States

#264 Aug 20, 2013
amazing how so many so called intelligent people hate Jesus and would rather beleave they came from ET or pond scum than think they were created. Even more amazing is God said this would be the case with scoffers and willfully ignorant people

Location hidden

#265 Aug 21, 2013
truth wrote:
amazing how so many so called intelligent people hate Jesus and would rather beleave they came from ET or pond scum than think they were created.
I dont hate Jesus because I don't think he ever existed. I don't 'rather believe' one thing over another based on emotion. I go on facts. And the bible has few of those.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Share my wife (Sep '16) Sat Tleejoyce55 2
Tranny Working at Murfreesboro Hooters (May '12) Dec 8 whitsend 8
Lindsay Swaney (Jun '16) Dec 7 Sand brown 6
World Outreach Church Ex-Pastor Dec 6 therealdeal 2
bad eyes need help Dec 5 Uncle Tom 2
wnejo637 Dec 1 Seeking11500 1
Sky Stone Granite/ Apollo Granite (May '17) Nov 30 jon 4

Christiana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance