Rutherford County: Board looks at Roc...

Rutherford County: Board looks at Rockvale school zoning

There are 11 comments on the The Tennessean story from Dec 11, 2007, titled Rutherford County: Board looks at Rockvale school zoning. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

“After that, it will come back to the board for any adjustments before the final vote”

The Rutherford County Board of Education examined two rezoning options Monday to fill the future Rockvale Middle School. via The Tennessean

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

stacy

Dyersburg, TN

#1 Jan 8, 2008
I think the county needs to stop rezoning because it takes a tole on our childrens emotions and not only does it hurt them it is annoying to rezone kids that are not even close to the school they are wanting to rezone them for. Macfadden area need to stay were they are at and rezone blackman middle to the new rockvale middle school would make more since!! We are most likey moving out of rutherford county because of the school systems!!
anna

Paducah, KY

#2 Feb 17, 2008
I think its horrible that you are making us go to Rockvale. I just moved here and just made new friends. It was hard enough to move from my friends the first time. A second time is just evil. We should be able to choose if we want to stay at the school were at or go to rockvale. I'm going to Christiana Middle and I live in Belle Rive. Its not that long of a drive. I have tons of other friends that don't want to leave either.
anna

Paducah, KY

#3 Feb 17, 2008
Thank you Stacy. Your exactly right.
Dana

United States

#4 Feb 20, 2008
I'm very unhappy with the rezoning they keep doing. Both my sons have been going to Blackman since they started school. And now when one is going into 6th and the other into 8th they both have to change. It is not fair to the kids nor the parents like myself who have to take and pickup their children each day. What took me 5 minutes to do now will take 15 twice a day. Stop building new housing if you don't have the schools to back the growth!
lex

Maryville, TN

#5 Jul 29, 2008
it dosnt matter what matters is that your kids are going to school and getting there education so stop whining about yourselves and do whats right for your kids they'll make new friends and still be able to talk to there old ones to
WhinyLex

United States

#6 Jul 29, 2008
Lex--What is your problem?
Mamalookingtomov e

Franklin, TN

#7 Aug 1, 2008
Sorry it may not have been in the best delivery ...but Lex is right! I moved around all my life and had to make new friends, etc..I didn;t like it but that was life- so you as parents need to prepare your little ones for the world that is our job as parents. They might as well know now that life is not always what you plan for but it is how you grow and learn from good and bad experiences. This is what makes a well rounded child into a well rounded adult; that can face problems better in life later down the road...are you raising a spoiled brat or a child that understands that life is what you make it and to greet each new day and each new challenge with a learning attitude for personal growth!!!(I have four boys myself...one is 17 and serving our country in the military...two more teens, and now one 3 year old with autism....)
BTW the 17 year old in airborne training as we speak...had to move a lot and hated...but guess what it has prepared him to the man that has VOLUNTEERED to be a man early and serve you and me to have the freedom for our kids to go to school!!!! BTW we live in Franklin and our thinking of moving to rutherford county...how are the schools in general...mainly the special needs programs for my little one with autism???? Thanks and God bless all you moms...as we have the most important and hardest job of all,,,,but gives the best free rewards...HUGS AND KISSES...and finger paint...and allows us to blow bubbles...without looking silly!...cherish them...as they are true blessings from GOD!---Sincerely, Cordelia
wondering

Bronx, NY

#8 Oct 14, 2009
Gee, Cordelia, get off your soapbox. This topic had nothing to do with your kid in the military or how he got there. If you are worried about a special needs kid, stay in Franklin...you won't get anything close to what they offer in Franklin in Rutherford County, and the schools in Rutherford are highly inferior to those in Franklin. Trust me, I made this grievous error and now am stuck in a house I can't sell. Moving around is good for some, not for others. Staying with friends for a good long time creates bonds that can last a lifetime and helps build a social network that can help in job searches and the like in the future. Being "worldly" doesn't always benefit if you have nowhere to call "home" when you grow up.
wade gee

United States

#9 Nov 5, 2009
this is the stupidist shit i've ever herd i went to kittrell elementary for 8 years and loved it i wanted my sisters to be at the same school like i did my oldest lil sis is in 5th grade and the other is in 2nd and my lil brother was going to go there next year but now i dont nknow wat we're going to do
good grief

United States

#10 Nov 7, 2009
stacy wrote:
I think the county needs to stop rezoning because it takes a tole on our childrens emotions and not only does it hurt them it is annoying to rezone kids that are not even close to the school they are wanting to rezone them for. Macfadden area need to stay were they are at and rezone blackman middle to the new rockvale middle school would make more since!! We are most likey moving out of rutherford county because of the school systems!!
It is embarrassing to read all of these posts by parents and children criticizing WHERE they go to school- when it looks like wherever they are learning grammar NOW is not exactly doing their job. Jeez!
Edumucated

Murfreesboro, TN

#11 Nov 7, 2009
good grief wrote:
<quoted text>
It is embarrassing to read all of these posts by parents and children criticizing WHERE they go to school- when it looks like wherever they are learning grammar NOW is not exactly doing their job. Jeez!
LOL, I know, right? I was thinking the same thing reading all the comments!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are the requirements for pre trial Version... 23 hr Worriedwife 1
Brian Woods "Verizon" Sun Just me 2
Anybody know Maranda Jones and her boyfriend Ab... Jul 23 Taylor 8
Worth a try Jul 20 Royalsrvnt 1
Bigfoot/Sasquatch sighitngs (Mar '13) Jul 19 Thomas Hershall 5
Excited About Amazon Hiring? Think Again (Sep '12) Jul 17 Michael 106
Rentals no background check (Feb '14) Jul 17 starter29 12

Christiana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance