The most watched verdict in one of Kn...

The most watched verdict in one of Knoxville's most horrific crimes was, in the end, a mixed one.

There are 14 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Aug 26, 2009, titled The most watched verdict in one of Knoxville's most horrific crimes was, in the end, a mixed one.. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

Murder defendant Letalvis Cobbins, left, looks at his family as a jury returns guilty verdicts against him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

Inquisitive

Knoxville, TN

#1 Aug 26, 2009
Thank God no one messed this one up! Godspeed to the families of this couple! I can't even begin to imagine how those parents feel. I'm just hoping that this guilty verdict (and hopefully others to come) will give the families some peace. Nothing can bring back their children, but maybe they will be able to rest a bit easier knowing they fought for their kids and have won in the end.
One more thing - I can only hope that they will put him in the chair instead of just a needle to the arm. That is the easy way out - he won't feel a thing, and that is wrong for all of the horror he put those kids thru. He should fear it and feel just a little of what they felt!!!
just wondering

Kodak, TN

#2 Aug 26, 2009
Inquisitive wrote:
Thank God no one messed this one up! Godspeed to the families of this couple! I can't even begin to imagine how those parents feel. I'm just hoping that this guilty verdict (and hopefully others to come) will give the families some peace. Nothing can bring back their children, but maybe they will be able to rest a bit easier knowing they fought for their kids and have won in the end.
One more thing - I can only hope that they will put him in the chair instead of just a needle to the arm. That is the easy way out - he won't feel a thing, and that is wrong for all of the horror he put those kids thru. He should fear it and feel just a little of what they felt!!!
Well said post. I have a daughter that lives in Knoxville about the Christian girls age. My heart goes out to Gary Christian, and the rest of the parents as well. May the jury give them everything they can.
BreakingNews

Escanaba, MI

#4 Aug 26, 2009
Inquisitive wrote:
Thank God no one messed this one up! Godspeed to the families of this couple! I can't even begin to imagine how those parents feel. I'm just hoping that this guilty verdict (and hopefully others to come) will give the families some peace.
Peace? Why be greedy, god already sent these families the gift of rape and murder.

“Obamunism - Political Failure”

Since: Feb 08

Out here in the country

#5 Aug 26, 2009
BreakingNews wrote:
<quoted text>Peace? Why be greedy, god already sent these families the gift of rape and murder.
That is a mean-spirited and unnecessary thing to say.
Aunt Rosey

United States

#6 Aug 26, 2009
Life sentence! The one that carries the 51 years.

On behalf of Aunt Rosey who had taken Cobbins to church. I want him to repent and find the face of our Lord and feel the love God has to offer him.

God have mercy on his soul.
judy9205

Pineville, LA

#7 Aug 26, 2009
Again my sincere prayers & condolences to all family & friends of your beloved Christopher & Channon. Personally I can't think of a form of punishment for all the monsters involved in this violent brutal senseless act of killing defenceless innocent people except to do away with the monsters the same way the monsters treated Christopher & Channon. satan has come to kill, steal and destroy all.
infidel

Charleston, SC

#8 Aug 26, 2009
The maximum penalty is required for such cruelty and heartlessness. Under current law, that is death.
free speech

Franklin, TN

#9 Aug 26, 2009
cobbins defence seems to be in denial of cobbins total guilt. cobbins family is in denial of total guilt. the cousin of cobbins who is close to getting a masters degree in (social work) when ask to describe the personality of cobbins older brother she said she could not describe his personality. So what the hell did she this educated black woman learn is in college ? Somebody should have asked her again what her degree was in, for if it is in social work she should have been able to describe his personalty. I can only guess that the only reason she passed any of her classes in (social work) was because she gets extra points just for being black. His family may have education on paper but not in their head. Another example of how affirmative action does not work and never will. I wonder if the educated black woman even pain a penny for her degree or was it just another gift that is handed out to the so-called less fortunate. cobbins family is just as sickening as he is. They left a big impression that says "we do not take responcibility for anything" Don't these people know that when you cry there will be tears ? Do they think that we don't know the difference between real sorrow and fake sorrow ? to me, his families statement is all the more reason to give him death as soon as possible. I think they would break him out of prison if they are given the chance.
free speech

Franklin, TN

#10 Aug 26, 2009
say it again wrote:
yeah he will have an easy death compared to their death.. such a shame... hanging him would be to light of a death ending for him...hope they have no mercy on him.. he killed!! so kill him!!
If they all just go to prison for life then they again will have a chance to rape young white boys who are in prison for small crimes where there was no victim such as a friend who was sent to prison for 2 yrs because he had 2 joints of pot !!! Yes the justice system can easily send a white person to prison for having 2 joints but they can't seem to put real crimanals in hell where they belong
BreakingNews

United States

#13 Aug 27, 2009
judy9205 wrote:
Personally I can't think of a form of punishment for all the monsters involved in this violent brutal senseless act of killing defenceless...
They weren't "defenseless". For whatever reason, they merely chose to be defenseless.

The US Constitution has the second amendment, which supposedly prevents the federal government from restricting the right of a person to bear arms.

The state of Tennessee has provisions in their laws for licensed concealed carry.

Additionally, the Tennessee Constitution, Article I, declaration of rights says in sections;

1) Powers of people. That all power is inherent in the people,

and,

26) Weapons; right to bear arms. That the citizens of this State have a right to keep and to bear arms for their common defense.

BreakingNews

United States

#14 Aug 27, 2009
free speech wrote:
<quoted text> If they all just go to prison for life then they again will have a chance to rape young white boys who are in prison for small crimes where there was no victim such as a friend who was sent to prison for 2 yrs because he had 2 joints of pot !!! Yes the justice system can easily send a white person to prison for having 2 joints but they can't seem to put real crimanals in hell where they belong
First of all there is no such place as hell.

Secondly, if "young white boys" or anyone else is being victimized in prison, then there are several things to consider if these crimes are actually being perpetrated against people in the care of the state.

One, since you're a taxpayer, you're guilty by proxy, in the negligence operation of the state correction system if your servant the state is standing by and letting people in care and responsibility become victims of crime.

Secondly, those person incarcerated in state institutions and county jails are owed a special duty by their caretakers and should the state fail in their special duty, the state should expect to be sued for damages and punitive reasons.
judy9205

Pineville, LA

#15 Aug 27, 2009
BreakingNews wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't "defenseless". For whatever reason, they merely chose to be defenseless.
The US Constitution has the second amendment, which supposedly prevents the federal government from restricting the right of a person to bear arms.
The state of Tennessee has provisions in their laws for licensed concealed carry.
Additionally, the Tennessee Constitution, Article I, declaration of rights says in sections;
1) Powers of people. That all power is inherent in the people,
and,
26) Weapons; right to bear arms. That the citizens of this State have a right to keep and to bear arms for their common defense.
You know you are absolutely right. By all means let me go get a gun & strap it to my body just in case I'm assaulted on my way to the car. Who knows, housewife that I am, sure I'm plenty capable of a shootout in my church parking lot!
take responsibility

Morristown, TN

#17 Aug 28, 2009
judy9205 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know you are absolutely right. By all means let me go get a gun & strap it to my body just in case I'm assaulted on my way to the car. Who knows, housewife that I am, sure I'm plenty capable of a shootout in my church parking lot!
You could do that and take responsibility for your own safety or you could just pretend that you like the rape. Maybe they won't kill you? Do you like your chances?

“Obamunism - Political Failure”

Since: Feb 08

Out here in the country

#18 Aug 28, 2009
take responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>You could do that and take responsibility for your own safety or you could just pretend that you like the rape. Maybe they won't kill you? Do you like your chances?
That statement is too stupid for a response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murfreesboro,needs to Join Mayor Berry on Transit Oct 19 Fed up 2
Bad food service in murfreesboro (Jan '16) Oct 18 try somewhere else 16
Victoria Secret thefts Oct 18 former employee 2
Ladies......who knows Mike Rifkin??? Oct 16 I should know 26
Seeking to locate Maurice "Sonny" Lonas ... Oct 16 Helper 2
Kyle Writesman (Jan '11) Oct 14 lilymai33 4
champys too expensive Oct 12 HELLO 1

Christiana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance