Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Christiana Forum

Comments (Page 2,972)

Showing posts 59,421 - 59,440 of138,740
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not see the information regarding who owns our debt? It clearly states 46% of our debt is foreign owned. And that was back in 2011.
Let's take the information on the sites for 2011 and do the math then. Tax revenues from individuals were $1.8 Billion in 2011. However, half of that is ear-marked for social security. It is not supposed to be spent, even though we know better. That means $.9 billion is what is available to the government to spend from income taxes. Thus far in the 2013 fiscal year, the interest on our debt is $151 Billion. However, the fiscal year is just four months old. You have to multiply by 3 to get the annual interest expense, i.e. 3 x $151 Billion is $453 Billion which is exactly one half of the tax revenues from individuals. Yes, I am mixing data from 2011 and 2013, but that is the only data that is available. And yes, we all know the government spends social security funds freely for things other than social security. However, from a personal income tax point of view, half of everyone's taxes not earmarked for social security go to pay off the debt. Ten years from now, it is going to be far worse. In 2011, 46% of our debt was foreign owned. Now, it is probably over 50%. What all this means is that half of every income tax dollar we give to the government goes to pay off interest and half of that goes offshore. All of this is listed in the websites I posted. However, I might have gotten some other data from other government sites. I can't remember.
Let's examine what you originally posted, and I quote " Almost half of every tax dollar goes to pay interest on the debt. Who do you think this interest is owed to ? It's certainly not anyone or anything in the US. In fact, China ownes most of our debt."

Now apparently, you are going to use tax revenue from individual taxpayers only if I understand your post above, but that is not "every tax dollar" by a long shot.
I think we can agree that the US debt stands at 17 trillion and from the site YOU provided I quote " Foreign governments hold more than 4.5 trillion with the lagrest being China." How does 4.5 trillion equal half of 17 trillion ?
Finally, since the largest single holder of US Govt. debt is the Social Security Trust Fund, I dispute your contention that the interest on the debt is not going to "anyone or anything in the US" I stand by my original response.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you, my dear, have a complete fascination with me. I'm use to it because many people do but let me warn you Internet dating isn't my thing. You maybe should stick with the lower class ones that you've already obligated yourself to. I'm way out of your league.
You're quite deranged. You DO realize you've assumed someone else's identity, don't you?
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Nothing is more irritating than an idiot attempting to pass themselves off as intelligent. You can always spot the type right out of the gate by the wording used.
Intelligent people speak using wording and language that they know can be easily understood by the general public, doing otherwise serves no purpose. If one can't convey his or her message in a manner that can be understood, what purpose does it serve?
Hopefully rather than following behind me doing spell checks and spewing undying love for lower class woman he will work towards improving his ability to reach the audience and comprehend what's written by others. I fear like his hero, he is a lost cause.
The Real, Really Sassy
Yes, While attempting to remain cognizant of the contemporary standards of our language, I believe riches are to be sorely missed if we snooze in our comfortability to excess. American society has found many stages of a "new-normalcy" in our language and it seems we have created something most unattractive. Aside from regimentations of syntax, I'm more at odds over common inadequacies found in conceptual realms, such as thinking in concepts; analytical capacity; thematical current; thought formulation and very basic composition skills.

We know that our most insideous teacher is "gradualism"! While reckless practices are seductive and entertaining to some, the destructive power of time dismantles the integrity of language and is generationally harmful..as we have seen. If everyone yielded to the gradual bastardization of our language by simply sliding into the next tier of degeneration in an errant quest to find "conformity" a higher value than respectable language, we might be sounding like cave dwellers in two generations! One small evidentiary would be the struggle of so many young american boys and girls who, not only have no command of our language, but present themselves for employment as though they are from a preliterate society. I think this is a horrendous tragedy. Take care.

Thanks!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, While attempting to remain cognizant of the contemporary standards of our language, I believe riches are to be sorely missed if we snooze in our comfortability to excess. American society has found many stages of a "new-normalcy" in our language and it seems we have created something most unattractive. Aside from regimentations of syntax, I'm more at odds over common inadequacies found in conceptual realms, such as thinking in concepts; analytical capacity; thematical current; thought formulation and very basic composition skills.
We know that our most insideous teacher is "gradualism"! While reckless practices are seductive and entertaining to some, the destructive power of time dismantles the integrity of language and is generationally harmful..as we have seen. If everyone yielded to the gradual bastardization of our language by simply sliding into the next tier of degeneration in an errant quest to find "conformity" a higher value than respectable language, we might be sounding like cave dwellers in two generations! One small evidentiary would be the struggle of so many young american boys and girls who, not only have no command of our language, but present themselves for employment as though they are from a preliterate society. I think this is a horrendous tragedy. Take care.
Thanks!
Well said:
Moderate

Fulton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
Wow "Willard", I'm sure she agrees with every word ! She might not understand them but she agrees with them !

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Wow "Willard", I'm sure she agrees with every word ! She might not understand them but she agrees with them !
Ha ha!
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Wow "Willard", I'm sure she agrees with every word ! She might not understand them but she agrees with them !
If memory serves, You've been the most ardent critic of my posts, referring to coherent text as "flowery" and complaining you didn't understand them! You seem comfortable attacking my posts because you despise the fact that you're incompetent and entirely incapable of keeping up. You actually seem to think you're slick enough to mask your impotence under the guise of being offended by "flowery" language. You're so busted, and have been for a long time!

It's not what you want to hear, but Sassy's postings are far superior to yours, and always have been. Here, you're employing the same indecent tactic against her, in a most dishonorable way.

Why not be constructive with your time? I think you and your fellow moron should consider a start-up business together. I was thinking..maybe a consultant firm! We might call it "Dumber & Dumbest Inc.," I'll let you imbeciles fight over who gets top billing. The way I see it....it's a toss-up!
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Let's examine what you originally posted, and I quote " Almost half of every tax dollar goes to pay interest on the debt. Who do you think this interest is owed to ? It's certainly not anyone or anything in the US. In fact, China ownes most of our debt."
Now apparently, you are going to use tax revenue from individual taxpayers only if I understand your post above, but that is not "every tax dollar" by a long shot.
I think we can agree that the US debt stands at 17 trillion and from the site YOU provided I quote " Foreign governments hold more than 4.5 trillion with the lagrest being China." How does 4.5 trillion equal half of 17 trillion ?
Finally, since the largest single holder of US Govt. debt is the Social Security Trust Fund, I dispute your contention that the interest on the debt is not going to "anyone or anything in the US" I stand by my original response.
OT, first, I respect your courtesy and maturity at how you respond to others who don't necessarily agree with you. I enjoy hearing viewpoint from "the other side", but I don't like to get bashed for having my own. Anyway, I appreciate your demeanor, it is refreshing.

Second, I will stand corrected. I went to another US Treasury site to get something that was written a little plainer and it confirmed what you are saying. Here is an excerpt from this link:

Foreign Ownership of U.S. Debt:

As of September 2012 (most recent data), foreigners held $5.455 trillion, or roughly one third of total U.S. debt. China holds $1.155 trillion and Japan owns $1.131 trillion. The oil exporting countries are the third largest holders, at $267 billion, with Brazil next at $251 billion. The Caribbean Banking Centers are fifth, holding $240 billion. The Bureau of International Settlements suspects that much of the holdings of the Caribbean centers, as well as Luxembourg (holding $148 billion) and Belgium ($134 billion) are fronts for the oil-exporting countries or hedge funds that do not wish to be identified. The next largest holders -- Taiwan, Switzerland, Russia, United Kingdom, and Hong Kong -- own between $135-$191 billion each.(Source: Foreign Holding of U.S. Treasury Securities, November 16, 2012; U.S. Treasury report ”Petrodollars and Global Imbalances”, February 2006)

I will gladly admit when I am wrong, and I am wrong regarding my statement that half of every taypayer's dollar goes to pay foreign interest. I don't want anyone thinking I am simply blasting the opposing party without having any facts. In this case, I had the facts and then utterly destroyed the math used in my statement. I apologize for that.

The point of my original post was to refute a statement by one of the more opinionated posters on here bashing the wealthy and accusing them of sending all their money overseas to evade taxes, which is simply not true. I wanted to point out the U.S. Government does exactly what she is accusing the wealthy of doing but never mentions this fact. I got my math wrong, but the principle is still the same; we spend a lot of tax dollars on foreign owned debt. I think you would agree with me on this.

I learned a little something more than I did before and I thank you OT for enticing me to check it out. I stand corrected on this.
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
OT, first, I respect your courtesy and maturity at how you respond to others who don't necessarily agree with you. I enjoy hearing viewpoint from "the other side", but I don't like to get bashed for having my own. Anyway, I appreciate your demeanor, it is refreshing.
Second, I will stand corrected. I went to another US Treasury site to get something that was written a little plainer and it confirmed what you are saying. Here is an excerpt from this link:
Foreign Ownership of U.S. Debt:
As of September 2012 (most recent data), foreigners held $5.455 trillion, or roughly one third of total U.S. debt. China holds $1.155 trillion and Japan owns $1.131 trillion. The oil exporting countries are the third largest holders, at $267 billion, with Brazil next at $251 billion. The Caribbean Banking Centers are fifth, holding $240 billion. The Bureau of International Settlements suspects that much of the holdings of the Caribbean centers, as well as Luxembourg (holding $148 billion) and Belgium ($134 billion) are fronts for the oil-exporting countries or hedge funds that do not wish to be identified. The next largest holders -- Taiwan, Switzerland, Russia, United Kingdom, and Hong Kong -- own between $135-$191 billion each.(Source: Foreign Holding of U.S. Treasury Securities, November 16, 2012; U.S. Treasury report ”Petrodollars and Global Imbalances”, February 2006)
I will gladly admit when I am wrong, and I am wrong regarding my statement that half of every taypayer's dollar goes to pay foreign interest. I don't want anyone thinking I am simply blasting the opposing party without having any facts. In this case, I had the facts and then utterly destroyed the math used in my statement. I apologize for that.
The point of my original post was to refute a statement by one of the more opinionated posters on here bashing the wealthy and accusing them of sending all their money overseas to evade taxes, which is simply not true. I wanted to point out the U.S. Government does exactly what she is accusing the wealthy of doing but never mentions this fact. I got my math wrong, but the principle is still the same; we spend a lot of tax dollars on foreign owned debt. I think you would agree with me on this.
I learned a little something more than I did before and I thank you OT for enticing me to check it out. I stand corrected on this.
Excellent, thanks!
Honestly

Beechgrove, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

You Said: Pete:"Foreign Ownership of U.S. Debt:

As of September 2012 (most recent data), foreigners held $5.455 trillion, or roughly one third of total U.S. debt. China holds $1.155 trillion and Japan owns $1.131 trillion. The oil exporting countries are the third largest holders, at $267 billion, with Brazil next at $251 billion. The Caribbean Banking Centers are fifth, holding $240 billion. The Bureau of International Settlements suspects that much of the holdings of the Caribbean centers, as well as Luxembourg (holding $148 billion) and Belgium ($134 billion) are fronts for the oil-exporting countries or hedge funds that do not wish to be identified. The next largest holders -- Taiwan, Switzerland, Russia, United Kingdom, and Hong Kong -- own between $135-$191 billion each.(Source: Foreign Holding of U.S. Treasury Securities, November 16, 2012; U.S. Treasury report ”Petrodollars and Global Imbalances”, February 2006)"

Very Good!!!!!! It is hard to dispute facts although the dem/libs try very hard. Like the truth, the facts remain the same.
Moderate

Fulton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Where fact meets fiction, is a grey zone known as politics.
BOO HOO

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
You're obsessed with a poster on a forum board, even going so far as to assume her identity...and I am the one who is pitiful?
Wow.
And to answer your question "" YES YOU ARE PITIFUL""
lol

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

The Typical Liberal
Former Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. has signed papers in a plea deal with federal prosecutors in which he admits to violating campaign finance law, according to sources familiar with the case.

Follow @NBCNewsUS

In the papers, signed within the past several days, Jackson admits converting campaign contributions for personal use. Some of the violations include using campaign funds for a $40,000 Rolex watch, travel expenses for a friend and furniture purchased for his Washington, D.C., home. Under the terms of the deal, Jackson's sentence would be decided by a federal judge and could range from probation to prison time

Another low life liberal
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
If memory serves, You've been the most ardent critic of my posts, referring to coherent text as "flowery" and complaining you didn't understand them! You seem comfortable attacking my posts because you despise the fact that you're incompetent and entirely incapable of keeping up. You actually seem to think you're slick enough to mask your impotence under the guise of being offended by "flowery" language. You're so busted, and have been for a long time!
It's not what you want to hear, but Sassy's postings are far superior to yours, and always have been. Here, you're employing the same indecent tactic against her, in a most dishonorable way.
Why not be constructive with your time? I think you and your fellow moron should consider a start-up business together. I was thinking..maybe a consultant firm! We might call it "Dumber & Dumbest Inc.," I'll let you imbeciles fight over who gets top billing. The way I see it....it's a toss-up!
He is probably one of many "ardent critics" of your bloviated speeches. It is obvious by your many self-judges that you are your only fan. Don't you have some cow piles to pick up?
sad

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
It's sad your old dumbass isn't complaining about hom much less you getting back on taxes this year. Oh wait,you don't work and probably never have. You dumbazz libs bashed Bush for taxes.Yet the POS in there now has taxed you more and he's sending our fighter planes to Egypt to Radical Musliums.This shows how dumb liberals really are
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
He is probably one of many "ardent critics" of your bloviated speeches. It is obvious by your many self-judges that you are your only fan. Don't you have some cow piles to pick up?
Life for me is a celebration of rising above the putrid personal impoverishment that holds masses of bed-wetters in eternal bondage. My life includes the simple pleasure of caring for animals and various other forms of...well, I'm gonna' say it - WORK! I enjoy caring for a variety of animals, in fact. Many are foul smelling, demanding, dependant upon me for almost everything, destructive, always hungry. Interestingly, none of them are stupid! No, this is because "stupidity" isn't an "instinct," rather, a cultivated state of being preferred by...yes, bed-wetters. You see, you should feel exhonorated somehow. You can now tell your stupid friends and relatives (fellow bed-wetters) you have something even animals "DON'T" have!! Just think, with this elevating revelation you may find bed-wetters and aspiring bed-wetters at large will seek you out for...whatever it is bed-wetters do, I guess!
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Life for me is a celebration of rising above the putrid personal impoverishment that holds masses of bed-wetters in eternal bondage. My life includes the simple pleasure of caring for animals and various other forms of...well, I'm gonna' say it - WORK! I enjoy caring for a variety of animals, in fact. Many are foul smelling, demanding, dependant upon me for almost everything, destructive, always hungry. Interestingly, none of them are stupid! No, this is because "stupidity" isn't an "instinct," rather, a cultivated state of being preferred by...yes, bed-wetters. You see, you should feel exhonorated somehow. You can now tell your stupid friends and relatives (fellow bed-wetters) you have something even animals "DON'T" have!! Just think, with this elevating revelation you may find bed-wetters and aspiring bed-wetters at large will seek you out for...whatever it is bed-wetters do, I guess!
No Chit?

I always thought Homosapiens were animals.

If I am wrong, please blame it on my 3rd grade Science teacher.
Big Mac

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>Life for me is a celebration of rising above the putrid personal impoverishment that holds masses of bed-wetters in eternal bondage. My life includes the simple pleasure of caring for animals and various other forms of...well, I'm gonna' say it - WORK! I enjoy caring for a variety of animals, in fact. Many are foul smelling, demanding, dependant upon me for almost everything, destructive, always hungry. Interestingly, none of them are stupid! No, this is because "stupidity" isn't an "instinct," rather, a cultivated state of being preferred by...yes, bed-wetters. You see, you should feel exhonorated somehow. You can now tell your stupid friends and relatives (fellow bed-wetters) you have something even animals "DON'T" have!! Just think, with this elevating revelation you may find bed-wetters and aspiring bed-wetters at large will seek you out for...whatever it is bed-wetters do, I guess!
You sound fu#king gay! You need to suck in a big one and STFU
Really Sassy

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

BOO HOO wrote:
<quoted text>And to answer your question "" YES YOU ARE PITIFUL""
Lol. Thank you. You are so correct.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,421 - 59,440 of138,740
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Christiana Discussions

Search the Christiana Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Harber's History Lesson: Mooneys brought high s... 2 hr spicineses 1
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 7 hr Why 8,869
stones river property management (Jan '10) Thu Judy 28
$150 Reward for Kacee Farley (Jun '11) Thu Kentucky 2
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Jul 9 BOB 8,588
Hey Jul 8 Jim Ross 1
Is Murfreesboro a good place to live? (Jul '07) Jul 6 J man 65
•••
•••