Eagleville the Speed Trap

Eagleville the Speed Trap

Posted in the Christiana Forum

GSR

Chapel Hill, TN

#1 Jan 11, 2011
Whatever you do, drive the speed limit in Eagleville. City has hired two police officers in the past 6 months and are writing tickets left and right. Must need to fund the sewer system.
ThomasA

Ashville, AL

#2 Jan 11, 2011
Duh!!!!!! there is no such thing as a speed trap. There is a predetermined posted speed limit and if you wish to exceed that,you may or may not be caught . If you do,don't snivel and complaign because you dam% well what was coming. Be a man, whip out the billfold and pay up. It's a hellofa lot cheaper to obey the posted limits plus it will protect you from a full shakedown... Think about it!!!EA
yep

Chapel Hill, TN

#3 Jan 12, 2011
Yea i see them all the time with people pulled over. I think it's good but now i need to watch my speed.lol.
JFG

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Apr 5, 2011
It's a speed trap. Beware.
The real real truth

Franklin, TN

#5 Apr 5, 2011
JFG wrote:
It's a speed trap. Beware.
Yes, it is an artificially low speed limit created by dishonest folks for the purpose of wrighting tickets and raising funds. These practices are put in force where a driver must drive very slow for the area. They know that a person will more than likly speed because they are driving way out in the boondocks at 35 mph. Just my opion.
JFG

Murfreesboro, TN

#6 Apr 15, 2011
that's why everyone I know avoids the town...like I said...beware..
Eagleville is corrupt

Columbia, SC

#7 May 16, 2011
It takes a lot of tickets to pay for their new police cruisers, and now the new "city hall" that'll be pushing a half million dollars by the time it's over with.

I avoid the city of Eagleville and it's corrupt government like the plague. It's a shame too, because it used to be a nice community
get real and grow up

Murfreesboro, TN

#8 Jul 22, 2011
Its amazing at how you people act. You call Eagleville corrupt because they enforce the law?! Get a life!! Show me somewhere else you can do 15-20 miles ove rthe speed limit and not get a ticket. These guys were hired to do a job and that job is to protect the citizens and visitors from idiots who like to fly down the road like they have no common sense! If you break the law you get caught, its your fault. Dont blame them for DOING THEIR JOB! The city set those speed limits years ago....you know, when the former mayor and city recorder almost went to jail because they stole money. Oh and the Police department they had then wasnt even LEGAL! The Chief wasnt certified. And yet you want to call them corrupt. The only corrupt ones there are Craig Sewell, Nick Duke, Lanny Turner, and a few others I will not mention. They think they can use their money to influence and bully people in that town. Well I tell ya, I support the Police Department 100%. I feel more safe here than I ever have. People drive the speed limit and guess what.....no one complains about almost getting run over going to the mail box. So here is my advice to you from me...a RESIDENT AND TAXPAYER of EAGLEVILLE....if you are going to speed, steal, do or sell drugs, or any other criminal act WE DONT WANT YOU HERE!!!!! And you can tell your non driving and/or criminal buddies to stay away too! Grow up, Get a Life, and quit fussing about the people who are sworn to protect ALL OF US!
Big Daddy

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Jul 23, 2011
get real and grow up wrote:
Its amazing at how you people act. You call Eagleville corrupt because they enforce the law?! Get a life!! Show me somewhere else you can do 15-20 miles ove rthe speed limit and not get a ticket. These guys were hired to do a job and that job is to protect the citizens and visitors from idiots who like to fly down the road like they have no common sense! If you break the law you get caught, its your fault. Dont blame them for DOING THEIR JOB! The city set those speed limits years ago....you know, when the former mayor and city recorder almost went to jail because they stole money. Oh and the Police department they had then wasnt even LEGAL! The Chief wasnt certified. And yet you want to call them corrupt. The only corrupt ones there are Craig Sewell, Nick Duke, Lanny Turner, and a few others I will not mention. They think they can use their money to influence and bully people in that town. Well I tell ya, I support the Police Department 100%. I feel more safe here than I ever have. People drive the speed limit and guess what.....no one complains about almost getting run over going to the mail box. So here is my advice to you from me...a RESIDENT AND TAXPAYER of EAGLEVILLE....if you are going to speed, steal, do or sell drugs, or any other criminal act WE DONT WANT YOU HERE!!!!! And you can tell your non driving and/or criminal buddies to stay away too! Grow up, Get a Life, and quit fussing about the people who are sworn to protect ALL OF US!
Make me puke you self rightoues piece of sh_t. Eagleville is and always will be nothing but a speed trap. As for the drug problem you say you have, I laugh. What, all of a sudden Eagleville is a big metropolis or something, ha, ha,ha. The whole town and the key stone cops are a joke!!! I avoid eagleville if at all possible.
okay

Lawndale, NC

#10 Nov 17, 2011
Ok chicken sh!t. You named a few, but don't want to name the "others" let's hear about the others your talking about
Quoting the Truth

Tullahoma, TN

#11 Jan 24, 2013
From the Eagleville News-(councilman)Hill said it appears that the only way the city can support a police department is by writing speeding tickets. Last fiscal year the city derived $90,000 in revenue from police fines.

"I hope (the new chief) does not embark on that plan to finance the police department, because we did harm to the city's reputation with the people in the surrounding areas by writing all those tickets," he said. "We already had that reputation back in the 1980s, and it was still around when this started but now we have got it again."

Yep, ya got it again. Congrats
top gunn

United States

#12 May 1, 2013
What the heck nick craig and lanny. Why yall so rotten?
SMASHLEY

Warrior, AL

#13 May 1, 2013
top gunn wrote:
What the heck nick craig and lanny. Why yall so rotten?
Nick, Craig, and Lanny....straighten up!
hotdog

Charlotte, NC

#14 Aug 19, 2013
SMASHLEY wrote:
<quoted text>
Nick, Craig, and Lanny....straighten up!
Loves hotdogs
Mac

Knoxville, TN

#15 Aug 12, 2014
Yea the speed limit that has been lowered for the purpose of making a spot for someone to make a mistake that would not generally. Not only that but the lawyer that they have appointed judge thinks he is god and is a peace of work I watch him be not only rude to older gentlemen and ladies that didn't deserve it but making racial comment to someone was not excusable in my eyes what they did was wrong but no one deserve to be talked to like that and I will be reporting that one to the bar
Jack Spat

Nashville, TN

#16 Sep 2, 2014
People are avoiding the town because of the speed trap and most of the stores and restaurants have had to close because of it.
and theres more

Rockford, TN

#17 Dec 5, 2014
http://www.tbpr.org/NewsAndPublications/Relea...
Mac wrote:
Yea the speed limit that has been lowered for the purpose of making a spot for someone to make a mistake that would not generally. Not only that but the lawyer that they have appointed judge thinks he is god and is a peace of work I watch him be not only rude to older gentlemen and ladies that didn't deserve it but making racial comment to someone was not excusable in my eyes what they did was wrong but no one deserve to be talked to like that and I will be reporting that one to the bar
and theres more

Rockford, TN

#18 Dec 5, 2014
Mac wrote:
Yea the speed limit that has been lowered for the purpose of making a spot for someone to make a mistake that would not generally. Not only that but the lawyer that they have appointed judge thinks he is god and is a peace of work I watch him be not only rude to older gentlemen and ladies that didn't deserve it but making racial comment to someone was not excusable in my eyes what they did was wrong but no one deserve to be talked to like that and I will be reporting that one to the bar
Call Mrs. Dyer at the newspaper.......... complaints in his official capacity go here

http://www.tsc.state.tn.us/court-judiciary

as an "attorney" go here

http://www.tbpr.org/Consumers/FilingAComplain...

http://www.tbpr.org/Consumers/AttorneySearch/...
dawn moors

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Jan 21, 2015
Looking for Samantha moors, pa, she was brainwashed and terrorized by police. She is also currently being alienated by my ex husband an officer. H she shows up maybe twice a year. Must only go through her officer father and her two sisters who reside in the house with her cannot have a phone number for her. Money extortion tied to the communication systems affiliates is the cause. Today I am living with a friend of a relative due to police leaving me homeless, two corrupt attorneys stealing money fifty five police reports and two binders of corruption sent to pmb pro box 1776 Paoli pa 2012., department of banking Glenn Moyer. Property was damaged, all assets stolen. People blackmailing people. Respectfully, dawn moors pa
dawn moors

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Jan 21, 2015
The actors guild threatening,intimidating us, trying to drive me crazy. Sad people do this to a loving mother. Harmed my child so Bradley. I am a very nice women on an honest dollar. My daughter was supposedly recruited to the army.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
clothing optional or nude sunbathing area aroun... (Jul '14) Jun 25 Hey sues 2
Review: Chinatown Massage Therapy And Foot Care... (Jun '14) Jun 25 hjfan 2
nhk (May '15) Jun 25 bitchassho 60
Lindsay Swaney Jun 24 Wannadoit 1
Brittany Travis Jun 24 idonthatyouboo 2
William Hauserman Jun 17 Debt collector 2
Excited About Amazon Hiring? Think Again (Sep '12) Jun 15 Nani 105
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Christiana Mortgages