Father Shot and Killed at Child's Bir...

Father Shot and Killed at Child's Birthday Party

There are 16 comments on the WTVF Nashville story from Jul 13, 2009, titled Father Shot and Killed at Child's Birthday Party. In it, WTVF Nashville reports that:

CHRISTIANA, Tenn.- A local father took his child to a birthday party early Sunday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVF Nashville.

Mom_of_3

Viola, TN

#1 Jul 13, 2009
This is such a tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Jones family.

Since: Mar 08

Smyrna TN

#2 Jul 13, 2009
The DNJ is reporting this might have been a self defense shooting

http://www.dnj.com/article/20090713/NEWS01/90...

Since: Jun 09

Dickinson, ND.

#3 Jul 13, 2009
The DNJ reports this as an altercation earlier Saturday night. Where the shooter walked away from a altercation, and the guy went over to the house around 2:20am Sunday trying to get in. If this is the same story. Somebody has it all wrong. Very misleading and confusing. Sloppy, Very Sloppy! My prayers for the family.
Jeff R

United States

#4 Jul 13, 2009
Something isnt' right with this story. The Channel 5 story is that the man who was killed was taking his daughter to a birthday party Sunday morning. But wait, he was shot at 2:20am. I live in this neighborhood. I was awakened at about 2:30am by police sirens.
Calhoun, LA

#5 Jul 13, 2009
if this was self defence where is the 911 call from the shooter say someone is trying to break in. me if someone is beating on my door after i have had an altrcation with them not once but twice i would not open i would be on the phone , the dnj said the police was there twice before the shooting
people r crazy

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Jul 14, 2009
my ? is if the police was called twice before for fighting and no one went to jail and why if they called twice before why the 2nd time they did not run people off that did not live at either residence ? and my second ? is if mr. jones kicked the door in how did the detective on tv on sunday morning close the door and it latch behind him , should the frame not be busted and not allow the door to latch ? and who's residences did the first two fights take place ? and 110 platte dr is a problem house for several yrs as the reports states , are the police scared of the house just as the people on the streets that live there or are there dirty police that let this go on, or maybe not dirty just lazy
cellphone

Pompano Beach, FL

#7 Jul 14, 2009
so if beating on a door/yelling from the outside of a home owner / renter allows the home owner / renter to shoot the person at the door the weather person on channel 4 could have shoot at the person beating and screaming at his door about his cell phone
cellphone

Pompano Beach, FL

#8 Jul 14, 2009
HoraceJ wrote:
The DNJ reports this as an altercation earlier Saturday night. Where the shooter walked away from a altercation, and the guy went over to the house around 2:20am Sunday trying to get in. If this is the same story. Somebody has it all wrong. Very misleading and confusing. Sloppy, Very Sloppy! My prayers for the family.
horacej i dont rember the dnj saying the shooter walked away from an early altracation , but there was early alteraction , do you know something the police dont know
Mboro Girl

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Jul 16, 2009
All i know is Jason was a GOOD man and WONDERFUL Husband and Father... The stories are all twisted and make no sence. 911 should have been called first and even if this was "self-defense" WHY multiple gun shots??? I am irrate over the judgement used by a YOUNG armed man!
unbelievable

Calhoun, LA

#10 Jul 16, 2009
Mboro Girl wrote:
All i know is Jason was a GOOD man and WONDERFUL Husband and Father... The stories are all twisted and make no sence. 911 should have been called first and even if this was "self-defense" WHY multiple gun shots??? I am irrate over the judgement used by a YOUNG armed man!
I have to agree. Too much information is not provided. For example, did the shooter shoot through the door? If not was the frame of the door broke? Can the door shut now? If JJ broke through the door, there would be indentations in the bottom part of the door. I personally think these chicken sh** thugs provoked an innocent man and ambushed him to make him an "example" to the neighborhood. Are the thugs being evicited from their rented house now? I suspect that they made an example of JJ because he would not back down from their bullsh** threats that the neighborhood had to endure. I am appalled that the police didn't rectify the situation when it first occurred earlier in the night. Why would you allow an already heated situation to continue. Why would you not order everyone to leave who didn't belong there? I don't understand why an innocent person could be blamed for a situation that escalated out of control and that the true thugs of the neighborhood be excused for what they claim to be self defence.
foghorn

Calhoun, LA

#11 Jul 16, 2009
i was informed to day , not quoting you know how rumors get started that the shooter and the two other instigators have left town and did not tell know one , are they afraid of what the grand jury will find , if it was truely self defence why are they not staying put , again this hearsay or is it
door to door

Calhoun, LA

#12 Jul 16, 2009
if i was a door to door salesman i would quit , if you knock to hard on a door and get shot its ok with the police or at least in rutherford county tn
Mboro Girl

Murfreesboro, TN

#13 Jul 17, 2009
Its a shame you have to watch every step you take these days - When someone is rude or disruptive and police can not or "will not" stop the problem, these days we have to keep our mouths shut and just let people run over you... Lord knows what someone is capable of (example MTSU student over a parking spot).

Also was this 25 year old under the influence of anything when this happened - did police even check a blood alcohol level? Hmmm... 25 years old up late partying Saturday night!!! His @ss should have went straight to jail!
gone to sh

Calhoun, LA

#14 Jul 17, 2009
Mboro Girl wrote:
Its a shame you have to watch every step you take these days - When someone is rude or disruptive and police can not or "will not" stop the problem, these days we have to keep our mouths shut and just let people run over you... Lord knows what someone is capable of (example MTSU student over a parking spot).
Also was this 25 year old under the influence of anything when this happened - did police even check a blood alcohol level? Hmmm... 25 years old up late partying Saturday night!!! His @ss should have went straight to jail!
acording to the police not no more and the castle law if someone is on "your property "any part of your personal proptery and you feel in fear or your life you have all right to use what ever force u need to. this is the castle law right

Since: Jun 09

Dickinson, ND.

#16 Jul 20, 2009
cellphone wrote:
<quoted text> horacej i dont rember the dnj saying the shooter walked away from an early altracation , but there was early alteraction , do you know something the police dont know
July 13, DNJ internet story. Two altercations early Saturday night may have invalved this house and another. Then at 2:20am a shooting. Then I read WTVF's post that says the man who was shot had his child at a childs birthday party early Sunday morning. Thats why I said if it's the same story. It's very misleading, and SLOPPY, VERY SLOPPY!
Murfreesboro Martin

Calhoun, LA

#17 Jul 20, 2009
Whether responsbile reporting was done it or not I think the real story is the detectives ruling the case a self defense.

Seems strange for the detective to make that rule after responding to two prior calls on the same night for the same incident. Self defense?

I sense shame on the investigation. Must be because of the "vicarious liability" situation the RCSD put themselves in when they walked away from this situation on the two prior events.

Just plain disappointing........detective concludes someone lost their life so lets blame them, they can't talk or speak otherwise so who would know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
McAllen Finley 21 hr kathy 3
Robert Daniel Juneau Wed Anonymous 1
tiffany blaich (Jul '06) Wed Countythunder 5
News $4,000 Worth of sunglasses stolen in Murfreesboro Tue Duh 2
News Man charged with the rape of an 85 year old Mur... Feb 20 homieG 13
No family can Live on $15.00 an Hour. Vote Demo... (Mar '17) Feb 20 homieG 41
News Terry Averitt, 35, of Murfreesboro Feb 20 Mark 1

Christiana Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance