Bonuses given to 8 city principals

Bonuses given to 8 city principals

There are 2 comments on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette story from Jan 4, 2008, titled Bonuses given to 8 city principals. In it, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that:

“It was a very good experience. We enjoyed the work we were doing”

The Pittsburgh Public Schools kicked off a merit pay program by paying $21,216 in bonuses to principals of eight accelerated learning academies, a modest sum reflecting the schools' challenging start-up in ... via Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Totally disgusted

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Mar 14, 2008
I just can't believe that "Dr. Mule" (Cindi Muelbauer) somehow managed to convince the school board that she deserved the highest bonus out of all of them. My kids are FORMER students of her school (Arlington Academy), and to be blunt, we couldn't get our kids away from that politician fast enough. EVERY student in the two schools that make up Arlington believe her to be completely incompetant. Violence at the school is on the rise because of her refusal to punish misbehaving students, and everyone knows that they can get away with doing whatever they want to do, because the only thing that'll happen is she'll bring them to her office and talk to them.
Over the phone, she once told us, "I don't want to punish the kids.. I'd rather talk to them and try to get to the bottom of the problem, and why they feel that they have to bully other kids." I'm sorry, but that's the job for school psychologists and what-not, not the job of the principal.

“Walk the Talk”

Since: Nov 07

Pittsburgh

#2 Mar 14, 2008
Dr. Otuwa reportedly said that the schools have a long way to go. I totally agree w/ that statement. As the principals' salaries are approx.$100,000, that ought to be sufficient compensation for the work or lack thereof as noted in the post from Totally Disgusted. Schools are supposed to be a place of learning. Parents ought to be involved in that process. NEA worked to get parents out of the system (New Math, for ex...what a disaster!). NEA must be held accountable. Oh, and watch who NEA endorses for president. That will provide an accurate measure is to whether they plan on changing any time soon. Push for school vouchers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christiana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: VP Auto World LLC Aug 5 Hollyrm 1
News 'Amish Mafia' finds 'Forbidden Knowledge' on Di... Mar '15 bill 1
News Dinniman invites comment on new stations (Sep '14) Sep '14 paul 1
Female nudes (Aug '14) Aug '14 Ejstrayer 1
News Chambersburg teachers experience the Chinese ed... (Jul '14) Jul '14 RayH 1
The New Car (Apr '11) Apr '14 David Walker 4
Review: EMB Specialty LLC Chester County Pa In... (Mar '10) Feb '14 V Lopshire 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Christiana Mortgages