Crest Foods Underpays Employees

Posted in the Choctaw Forum

Walker Lane

Choctaw, OK

#1 Jun 7, 2010
Crest Foods in Choctaw, OK underpaid it bag boys.

The State minimum wage is $7.25 per hour but until recently Crest has only paid their bag boys $4.25 per hour. They have raised the CURRENT wages to that required by law but have not paid the back wages.

I wonder if Crest does this at their other stores too.

If this was an honest mistake we should continue to shop at Crest but if Crest does not give all the back wages to the bag boys we should shop elsewhere.

Walker Lane
Matticus Finch

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Jul 6, 2010
Walker Lane wrote:
The State minimum wage is $7.25 per hour but until recently Crest has only paid their bag boys $4.25 per hour. They have raised the CURRENT wages to that required by law but have not paid the back wages.
If this was an honest mistake we should continue to shop at Crest but if Crest does not give all the back wages to the bag boys we should shop elsewhere.
Walker Lane
I believe they got into a spot of trouble with the law over this matter. Crest recently opened a store on the south side of Oklahoma City. They originally were only going to pay their bay boys $4.25 an hour. Then at the last minute when the store opened, they changed the pay rate to $7.25 an hour for the bag boys.

I personally was told to leave the new Crest store on SW 104th and May last night because while I was shopping, I also decided to compare prices to see how low they really are with an iPhone application I have called Red Laser. A manager of some sort came to me and asked what I was doing. He said I couldn't do that. I asked him why, he said Crest doesn't compare prices, its in the policy. Well, it's not against the law, so I decided to ignore what he said and kept doing it to see how much money I was actually saving in reality. Then I was asked to leave the store, so I left my cart there filled with goods and walked out, I'm not planning to return because of a "policy" tells me I can't see how much I can save. If I were to return, I would request a copy of their so called policy.

Though in reality, the items that I did scan with my iPhone brought up other prices that were a bit more expensive than what Crest Foods sells. Then again there were other items that were more expensive than other places in the metro.
Shopper NW 23 Meridian

Oklahoma City, OK

#3 Mar 14, 2012
I tried to buy every item I need from this store. Even if it was more expensive, I didn't care because it is independently owned and I felt good about boycotting Walmart. For a store that does as much business as it does, it has very poor customer service. They don't provide the proper training to the management or the staff. When the management staff talks to you they donít have a clue as to how to communicate. They are very discourteous and can become combative. Is there even a background check done on these employees? I'm moving back over to corporate Walmart; at least these people have been screened.
Adios Crest
concerned shopper

Oklahoma City, OK

#4 Mar 15, 2012
I, due to this article, will no longer be a Crest patron. Sad, greedy and how could they keep it's customers from comparing? So, they do not price match, it's our right to comparison shop.

“I'm a racist's worst nightmare”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#5 Mar 15, 2012
Walker Lane wrote:
Walker Lane
I do not know how to find out, but maybe you know, but I think there is an exception to the law in this case, because bag boys get tipped. So, it is kind of like getting paid waitering pay, but you also get tips if that makes sense. Like I said, I do not know the law or if there are any loopholes to it
jane doe

United States

#6 Jan 9, 2013
Has anyone had trouble with workmans comp claims while working at crest?
ANGELA

Enid, OK

#7 Nov 5, 2013
I WAS GOING TO APPLY FOR A JOB AT CREST,BUT I CHANGE MY MIND.I HAVE A FRIEND THAT HAS WORKING THERE FOR SIX YEARS AND STILL NO RAISE. THEY DONT TRAIN THERE WORKERS, THEY HAVE KIDS WORKING THERE, THAT PLAY AROUND AND DONT DO THERE JOB.THE EMPLOYEES HAVE BEEN WEARING THOSE SAME UGLY GREEN UNIFORM SHIRTS FOR THE LONGEST TIME,
nameless

Oklahoma City, OK

#8 Apr 8, 2014
As a current Crest Foods employee I can say that we are one of the most competitively priced store in the area. As with any store some items may be slightly higher or lower than the next. We pride ourselves on customer service if there ever is a incident ask to speak to a ops manager explain the situation an I can assure you it will be addressed. Yes Crest reserves the right to refuse service to anyone as do all other stores. The thing about other stores. Is they don't care enough to see what is going on. As to working here it is a great place to each store is different staff is very well trained at my store. As for raises you are payed based on performance not just because of how long you are there. An all crest employees currently should be wearing black shirts the green ones have been gone for awhile. If the current crest you shop. At is not to your liking before you jump to other stores check out our other stores we are not all exactly alike.
All smiles

Norman, OK

#9 May 5, 2014
nameless wrote:
As a current Crest Foods employee I can say that we are one of the most competitively priced store in the area. As with any store some items may be slightly higher or lower than the next. We pride ourselves on customer service if there ever is a incident ask to speak to a ops manager explain the situation an I can assure you it will be addressed. Yes Crest reserves the right to refuse service to anyone as do all other stores. The thing about other stores. Is they don't care enough to see what is going on. As to working here it is a great place to each store is different staff is very well trained at my store. As for raises you are payed based on performance not just because of how long you are there. An all crest employees currently should be wearing black shirts the green ones have been gone for awhile. If the current crest you shop. At is not to your liking before you jump to other stores check out our other stores we are not all exactly alike.
Thank you for clearing that up!:)
I would agree 100%

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Choctaw Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Too many blacks in OKC (Jan '12) 7 hr squeezers 183
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 13 hr Fireguy925 289
Gov. Fallin, Others To Be Sworn Into Office Dur... 18 hr agree 3
So Sally Kern..... 18 hr agree 2
The end of travis ford Sat Bourne free 3
Hobby Lobby Leaders Wants Bible in Public Schools (May '14) Sat Independent1 141
Review: Oklahoma Halfway House Inc (Aug '13) Sat bjhaller 14
Choctaw Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Choctaw People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:01 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:01PM
Should Jerry Now Be Considered a Top-Quality GM?
NFL 6:28 AM
Witten: It's 'silly' to think Murray is easily replaceable
NBC Sports 7:10 AM
Jason Witten: Every back couldn't do what DeMarco Murray did this season
Bleacher Report 9:39 AM
Murray Will Command Up to $10M Per Year
NBC Sports 9:48 AM
Tony Romo: I have to be better